• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North Strabane Twp. Disc Golf Course (southwestern Pa)

Nice layout, took my son (he plays with me all the time) my brother, nephew and my dad, was there first time playing. They started off thinking that it was going to be easy. After two holes they were sweating and getting pissed that they couldn't throw like me and my son. We got done with the first nine my dad was done. Asked my brother if he wanted to try it again and he said "he'll yea this is pretty fun". Think I may have recruited a new player. Sucks I live over 600 miles away but at least I know I will have someone to play with when I come home to visit and when he comes to the beach to see me. Looking forward to playing the back 9 next time I'm in town. I did prune s few pricier bushes on the 9th tee pad, my brother teed off and his hand went into the bush and he came out with blood all over his fingers. Still played the second round though. Good family fun

Big Al hit me up when you are planning to go play. I played it on Monday with a couple buddies and it was not in too bad of shape but there is still plenty to do. While we were playing we made a list of things the Front Nine still needs and it was a longer list than I would have expected. Permanent baskets should be arriving soon. Then we can move the temps to the back nine (better nine) and get some full rounds in.

Nice layout, took my son (he plays with me all the time) my brother, nephew and my dad, was there first time playing. They started off thinking that it was going to be easy. After two holes they were sweating and getting pissed that they couldn't throw like me and my son. We got done with the first nine my dad was done. Asked my brother if he wanted to try it again and he said "he'll yea this is pretty fun". Think I may have recruited a new player. Sucks I live over 600 miles away but at least I know I will have someone to play with when I come home to visit and when he comes to the beach to see me. Looking forward to playing the back 9 next time I'm in town. I did prune s few pricier bushes on the 9th tee pad, my brother teed off and his hand went into the bush and he came out with blood all over his fingers. Still played the second round though. Good family fun

Sorry to hear about the thorns just off 9's tee. We have cleared acres and acres of thorns and everytime I am out on the course I think how did we miss that! I think pretty much every single hole needs to have the weeds/thorns pushed back even more. I cannot wait until the fall/winter when we can go in and really slay some of those huge bushes a lot more easily.

I swear with this rainy summer I can actually hear the briars growing...

Big Al hit me up when you are planning to go play. I played it on Monday with a couple buddies and it was not in too bad of shape but there is still plenty to do. While we were playing we made a list of things the Front Nine still needs and it was a longer list than I would have expected. Permanent baskets should be arriving soon. Then we can move the temps to the back nine (better nine) and get some full rounds in.

That sounds great, been wanting to get up there.. It will probably be sometime not this coming week, but the next week.

Big thank you to everyone who came out today to help install the anchors.....
We finally finally have the permanent baskets!!!!! with any luck the new baskets will be playable by the end of this week. Pics and listing of the course online to follow.

Sorry to hear about the thorns just off 9's tee. We have cleared acres and acres of thorns and everytime I am out on the course I think how did we miss that! I think pretty much every single hole needs to have the weeds/thorns pushed back even more. I cannot wait until the fall/winter when we can go in and really slay some of those huge bushes a lot more easily.

I swear with this rainy summer I can actually hear the briars growing...

No worries, my parents were down here in NC last week, I took them to my home course, Castle Hayne Park, they both had a great time. My dad said he might have to start playing when he gets home. He's 65, mom's 69, both did pretty well. Might have some regulars out there :D

Was on a tight schedule tonight but I was able to walk through the front nine. Could not find the back nine but I didn't look too hard as I was pressed for time. I walked around that little pond/swamp type thing and through the woods a little but couldn't find any signs. To be honest I was presently surprised by how mature the course seemed to be at this point. I enjoyed the variety. Are you still taking help on the back 9? If anything I would like to take you up on your offer and walk through it with you. Would've tonight but only had a half hour.

Since getting baskets over a month ago and installing sleeves about that long ago we still haven't been given permission to install baskets. Anyone in the local region please stop in at the Township building and let the staff know that you want to see the course completed. I really don't have much hope that things are going to change anytime soon.

Next time I'm in the area I'll stop by the building and mention that I'd love to see the course up and ready to go. Really a shame they're taking so long, they spent the money so why not complete it?

Hope everything goes smoothly. This kind of stuff takes persistence. Take for example Moraine. We asked to build a course from 1994-2001.

After years of frustrations, in 2003 the park asked us to build a course.

Building courses is never easy that's for sure.

we will be looking into having a weekly league starting soon. Prelim date and time is 5pm on Sundays........more details to follow.

First league day......Sunday April 6th at 5:30. The league is going to be handicapped just like Schenley. The only fee for the first 3 weeks is $1 which goes into the ace pot. WCDGA has graciously offered to start the pot at $25. After week 3 a $4 entry fee and an optional $1 for ace fund will be charged. Payouts will be in the form of disc credit or can be saved for future events tournaments/league entry etc. Send me a pm or post here with any questions.

Will this be open to anyone? Or is it going to be a club league? When I come up to visit my parents I would love to be able to play!!!! May also mention this to my brother, I took him there to play last summer when I was up there and he seemed to enjoy it

The course is open to anyone at anytime.....we are just forming a league so that we can connect with local players and have a little friendly competition. Feel free to show up any week and participate.

Cool, I liked the layout. Some short, technical holes and some holes you had to rip it. Any word on the back 9 being finished. I only played the front 3 times.

Latest posts