• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

North Strabane Twp. Disc Golf Course (southwestern Pa)

The person who was giving us such a hard time no longer works for the township so we are hopeful that we can get the back nine in soon. We are waiting to hear if we are getting a grant that is offered by the local tourism board. Should have a better idea in a couple weeks.

Just a reminder.....first league night is sunday at 530pm. We will play the 9 hole course twice, once from the longs and once from the shorts. Total cost for the first 3 weeks is $1 which goes to the ace pot. The WCDGA has graciously started the ace fund at $25. The league is going to be handicapped after 3 weeks of play. Payout is in the form of credit that can be used for discs, league entry or tournament entry. A ctp prize will be offered as well. After week 3 once handicaps kick in the price wil be $4 for league an optional $1 for the ace pot. Send me a pm or post here with any questions.

Got to play with Brett the other day. Played the longs and the shorts and I really enjoyed the front 9! I can't believe the amount of clearing you guys did from when I was last there in August. He showed me where the back 9 will be as well. He got my number so will let me know when you guys will have some works days.. hopefully I can make it up to help out a little. Keep up the good work!

I went to the course on 6/26 and cleaned up some things:

Hole
1- cleared teepads (down to thin grass/dirt)
2- Nothing
3- nothing
4- nothing
5- cleared teepads, cut down some branches obstructing long tee (couldn't throw a shot higher than 10 feet.
6- cleared teepads (long teepad was non-existent, so cut it in), also cleared path down gulley and cut down green (grass was 1.5-2 ft high), cut path from 6th to 7th hole
7- cleared teepads (and path between both pads), cleared path across hill to the green.
8- needed no maintenance
9- nothing

I have been playing holes 1, 5-8 as a little layout that is why i maintained those holes. really want the back nine to go in!!!!

Adding course listing to DGCR?

Got to play the course today. Enjoyed the layout and the park. Only found out about it by word-of-mouth. Is anyone planning on adding the course to the directory?

I was throwing around at North Strabane and ended up losing a disc as the course seems like it was given up on. It's a shame as there aren't many courses south of Pittsburgh.

Someone should add this to the course directory. I know quite a few people from down that way that have no idea that there is a course.

If it is posted here, you will start seeing a lot more players out there.

Any new developments down there?

I've thought about adding it to the course directory, but didn't want to step on anybody's toes. Since the designers are active on here, I figured there was a reason they hadn't put it up yet. Part of that reason is probably due to the construction that started in the spring for putting in a pipeline. That ruined 2-3 of the 9 holes.

The other holes are great though so I think it could be a benefit to many if the course is added.

Now that the pipeline is done being installed we are going to revamp the front nine (pipeline affected holes) and begin laying out the back nine (again...). Hopefully by spring there will be 18 playable holes. Nothing is set in concrete yet but the pipeline getting put in might be a blessing since depending on permission from the park it may have opened up one of the coolest holes I have seen in Western Pa.

The park is now actively engaged with us and they want this course in and are looking to put in concrete tee pads!

Nice to hear. It'd be great to be able to play the course when I'm up visiting my family next summer. I'll be curious to see how it stacks up with the rest of the area! So many great courses - you western PA peeps have it good. ;)

Great news that the park is involved with the course and especially the tee pads! This course has so much potential and I'm excited to see it move forward.

Front 9 is re roughed out and is ready to move forward. If we can get the two new baskets in next week it will at least be playable. We currently are trouble shooting the large wood piles from clearing, Tee signs are being ordered, and Tee pad procedures are being laid out. Here is a current map of the front that is set in stone.
11169778_10153180563496083_9094961170549512794_o.jpg

The course is shaping up nicely with the front 9 close to having signs and tee pads. Looks great!! Does anyone have plans to add the course to the listed courses?

Yes, We will be adding the course to the directory as soon as we have Tee pads and Signs. I have taken over the development of the course and we are in a hurry to get it playable. Did you have a chance to play the new #7? Curious of your thoughts. All permanent baskets are now in the ground and tee signs have been ordered from DGA. Pads are paid for just awaiting the procedure of the leveling and laying of cement.

I've been playing the course since all the baskets hit the ground. I was there when we cleared out #7 and I really like how it turned out! I was skeptical about #3, but after playing it a few times the mandatory has grown on me.

I'm starting to see a little more activity on the course which is great. I can't wait for the signs, but more importantly the tee pads!! Both will be a huge step for the course.

Having the course listed on here will increase interest, but it makes sense to wait until the front 9 is complete. I feel this course has caught up to Linbrook in the North Hills as they are getting tee pads and signs this spring, but Linbrook has been on here for a while.

Please keep up the great work on the course and keep me informed on work days for the back 9.

Is this course a completed 18 yet? I live near Deer Lakes but this wouldn't be too far away for me. The layout looks great and I'd love to play it!

Latest posts