• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Northman

just put a tp in the bag had a vip for years then lost it. the glide is amazing straightest driver over speed 7 I have ever thrown..

I consider my TP Northman the backup to my Opto Saint I've been driving the last 18 months. It's slightly less beat in, so has more fade. Very nice disc.

After throwing the DD Escape head to head with the Northman for awhile, the Northman is just less predictable for me. The Escape is actually what I wanted the Northman to be.

After throwing the DD Escape head to head with the Northman for awhile, the Northman is just less predictable for me. The Escape is actually what I wanted the Northman to be.

I consider my Lucid Escape to be the slightly more stable older brother to my Saint. For my power, they are all similar enough, though the Escape is definitely the most stable of the three.

I consider my Lucid Escape to be the slightly more stable older brother to my Saint. For my power, they are all similar enough, though the Escape is definitely the most stable of the three.

I bag 2-3 Escapes now. I was bagging 2 Northmans. The weird part for me is that one of my Escapes is fairly domey and less stable than the other two (a 172gm, 169gm, and a 159gm). The Northmans, I have one TP and one VIP (both 172gm). The TP is stable enough it doesn't turn to bad, but has ZERO glide. It has been a Weird disc. The VIP went from STABLE to almost a Roller in less than a month. It doesn't seem to have the glide I hear about, either.

All 3 Escapes are Very consistent and fly the same EVERY time I throw them. They also Glide for DAYS. Even being as stable as they are. I am only a 350-360ft Power thrower, too.

I need to revisit the Saint, I think. I would LOVE that 7 glide rating to be true...

I bag 2-3 Escapes now. I was bagging 2 Northmans. The weird part for me is that one of my Escapes is fairly domey and less stable than the other two (a 172gm, 169gm, and a 159gm). The Northmans, I have one TP and one VIP (both 172gm). The TP is stable enough it doesn't turn to bad, but has ZERO glide. It has been a Weird disc. The VIP went from STABLE to almost a Roller in less than a month. It doesn't seem to have the glide I hear about, either.

All 3 Escapes are Very consistent and fly the same EVERY time I throw them. They also Glide for DAYS. Even being as stable as they are. I am only a 350-360ft Power thrower, too.

I need to revisit the Saint, I think. I would LOVE that 7 glide rating to be true...

Oh, believe me, for me it's true. That's why it keeps the slot of workhorse: consistent long distance for me.

Oh, believe me, for me it's true. That's why it keeps the slot of workhorse: consistent long distance for me.

Just pulled my Underworlds since my Mauls have become so Understable and filled 2 slots with Recycled GL Saints. We will see.... :thmbup:

Just pulled my Underworlds since my Mauls have become so Understable and filled 2 slots with Recycled GL Saints. We will see.... :thmbup:

Those are all discs that I love - depending on the day, they've all shined for me.

Northman is my favorite driver in the woods. I sure with they would manufacture some.

I never got to try this one. Is this one of several Westside discs that aren't necessarily oop but one can't find anyway? I just want to have another Seer in my hands again!- can't find that either!

I never got to try this one. Is this one of several Westside discs that aren't necessarily oop but one can't find anyway? I just want to have another Seer in my hands again!- can't find that either!

Sure is. I haven't been able to find any for about 3 years now. I'm glad I bought whatever I could find when they started to get scarce.

Sure is. I haven't been able to find any for about 3 years now. I'm glad I bought whatever I could find when they started to get scarce.

My brother started throwing a Fortress he had lying around last year. He loved its reliable overstabilty on long drives. He lost it last summer and now he can't replace it since those are M.I.A. too.

My favorite mids are Westside: the Bard and the Pine. They've been ard to find for a while.

They finally ran some Bards last year, even a special one for the Queen box. The Boatman also made a return last year, so there's always hope.

The Northman is a great fairway driver. Very straight and controllable without being flippy.

Westside really did have a great fairway lineup with the Seer, Northman, Stag, and Fortress. The Ahti was a beefcake of a 9403. All the best stamps...

Westside hasnt been putting out much since they sold off the business to the other Trilogy owners. This and not being able to replace 70% of the discs in my bag is pretty much why I stopped throwing Trilogy.

I have mostly thrown Lat 64 and Westside for years and will continue to do so whenever possible. But, I too have found it's difficult to get the molds and plastics that I want when I need them. I'm afraid that Lat64 has become like Innova in that they're producing so many molds in different plastics that you may not see another run for years. Thankfully, we have so many good manufacturers now it's not that difficult to find a comparable substitute.

For those wanting a Northman, but can't find them, a very good substitute is either the Innova SL or Infinite Aztec.

For those wanting a Northman, but can't find them, a very good substitute is either the Innova SL or Infinite Aztec.

When I lost my last Northman about four years ago the Beast kind of filled that spot. Kind of.

Spec wise, the Dynamic Escape is almost the exact same disc.

Latest posts