• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] NUKE OS????!

The Nuke OS is literally the farthest possible flying disc on the market. Unfortunately, in order to harness its potential you would probably have to have 2000 ft of power.

Seriously, have you ever tried get this to turn into a backhand roller, just for fun? If have backhanded it at a full 90 degree angle and seen it fight out of it and hyzer out before it was able to reach the grass. You can forehand roll it, but you have to throw damn near straight into the ground.

It is comical how overstable this disc is. Fortunately, that makes it the best thumber disc there is as long as your hands are big enough to grip the wide rim and get good snap.

^this it's over stability makes for some crazy shots. It's a fun disc I got two, a domey super beat one that bombs and a flat fr that is monstrous and will fight out of any anhyzer. They skip like no other and allow me to throw flex shots into a headwind.

To help I get the lightest ones possible they're so beefy there's no need for a max weight.

Nuke OS is the bees knees if you know what you're doing with it. If you don't, it will more than likely retard progress on your form.

I love it, because I can throw a backhand over trees and it's left to right movement is about half what any of my other discs are. Saves my shoulder from throwing overhand.

I have thrown a backhand roller with it (wiiiide open field). Got it down about 100' in front of me, it made a 90 to the left, and kept turning left. Ended up about 200-300' to my left, and maybe 40' in front of me.

i've tried the pred and excal and firebird. i still prefer the nukeOS im not a top pro but i still focus on form alot but i appeciate the arguement, im a big guy and i want a wide rimmed overstable disc and its perfect. i do really like it for big skip shots, if your familiar with Blue ribbon pines. i like to use it for hole 26 and try to make the turn

yeah it is a special shot disc! i think it could be useful for thumbers, skips...but big rim really stable..i did a few forehands and wow this thing was def stable as can be!

Fixed that for you... it has nothing to disc with throwing "hard"... when you have clean form, there is no need for anything that over stable. Period. Look at the top pros, most of them carry destroyers and firebirds for OS duties. Maybe an excal if it's going to be really nasty, but even excals are rare. I guarantee you these pros throw their destroyers much "harder" than you do

I've got to disagree with you. Out of all the Destroyers pros throw they have a few in the bag that are stupid overstable. It all depends on a persons game. Some don't need it and some do. I've seen guys that throw so hard that they exceed the speed/stability of a Boss or Xcal. Even thrown on a hyzer it will flip up and track right forever. In a huge open field they can make it work just fine with room for the disc to flex. On a golf line shot where you don't want it to go much higher than 10 or 15 feet and you don't have space side to side they need a more stable disc period. Why lay up because a disc won't take your power when something like the OS will and you can gun right at it. The Nuke OS is a very valuable and usable disc for a lot of DGers. Just because its too overstable for some doesn't make it a bad disc. It doesn't mean they have bad form either. You have to be doing something right to chuck plastic over 500'.

Latest posts