• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Off season bags

1) Grab my normal bag of yellow and orange discs.
2) Go play.
3) Spend most of my time searching for my discs in the leaves.
4) Make mental note to swap in the pink and blue and white versions at home.
5) Forget.
6) Repeat.

In the off season I grab my MVP Beaker bag (usually I play with the Lat64 E4 or core bag)and fill it with less valuable more flexy plastic. Here in Finland we have quite a lot of snow so losing a disc is a big possibility. In my town there is only one course that is maintained through winter (teepads are covered to avoid snow) so I'm totally fine carrying 10-14 discs. I still play in the local weeklys through winter to get that competitive joy.

Only thing I add to my winter bag is some hot hands and most times they aren't necessary. Got to love NC "winters".

This 💯

I get a Costco pack every year and have them out for any league night or event I run with less than ideal weather. Keep a stash in my Octo as well as my toolbox of backups for traveling.

I got an OCOOPA rechargable hand warmer for Christmas last year. Love it.

But I still buy hand warmers because, you know, I'm bad at remembering to charge it. ☹️

I tend to roll with a little lighter bag in the winter, mainly because I end up carrying more non-disc stuff like extra layers, hand warmers, etc. I'll drop some of the old favorites, to spare them from shattering off a tree. No white discs for winter.

I don't really go for grippier or more flexible plastic, I don't find that it makes a whole lot of difference anyways. You still need to find a way to get the disc (and your hands) somewhat dry before throwing.

More than anything, the whole exercise gives me a good excuse to demo some potential backups.

I don't really play in the "off season". Not because several feet of snow and sub zero temperatures bother me. Being born and raised in Wisconsin, 0 might as well be +50. I just have other winter activities that are meant for the snow that I enjoy enough to not try and jam my warm temp hobby into snow time. Looking for discs is dumb too. You'll see me in April. Maybe I'm not as hardcore as a lot of you guys (actually, I know darn well I'm not) but I like to enjoy my rounds. I don't enjoy them in snow up to my belt.

I don't really play in the "off season". Not because several feet of snow and sub zero temperatures bother me. Being born and raised in Wisconsin, 0 might as well be +50. I just have other winter activities that are meant for the snow that I enjoy enough to not try and jam my warm temp hobby into snow time. Looking for discs is dumb too. You'll see me in April. Maybe I'm not as hardcore as a lot of you guys (actually, I know darn well I'm not) but I like to enjoy my rounds. I don't enjoy them in snow up to my belt.

I don't have the snow issue in Tennessee, but it rains a lot and drainage issues are a common theme with a lot of courses. I'll get lured out by a really nice day and then remember that I don't particularly enjoy playing wet muddy rounds.

The only thing I swap out is any white discs from my summer lineup when the snow packs in. Other than that I don't worry about it too much, since throwing with a lot of clothes on in extreme cold just isn't the same.

Switch my KC rocs for champ roc3's and put the old esp bangers in a nice warm closet. Other than that usually put away a few destroyers and throw in wraiths and another teebird.

In winter I used to putt with my modern 2007 Pro D Magnet over my Stiff pre 2006 Pro D Magnet when I used those discs. The rest of my bag was not bad for winter at the time after 2006-2007 winter, when my DX Leopard got replaced by a different disc. The DX Leopard and DX Valkyrie were the old stiff DX. My DX Valkyrie got replaced by a Champion in 2005 due to a dog incident with the DX.

Now not so much but I will take my old good ESP 2007 XL and use that when winds are very high over my Z Stalker, I will do that in summer too but in winter this happens more often. This XL is in the old ESP made before the 2007 Ace race Impact and the 2008 year of only soft FLX and the new less durable, less OS ESP when ESP came back.

In winter I used to putt with my modern 2007 Pro D Magnet over my Stiff pre 2006 Pro D Magnet when I used those discs. The rest of my bag was not bad for winter at the time after 2006-2007 winter, when my DX Leopard got replaced by a different disc. The DX Leopard and DX Valkyrie were the old stiff DX. My DX Valkyrie got replaced by a Champion in 2005 due to a dog incident with the DX.

Now not so much but I will take my old good ESP 2007 XL and use that when winds are very high over my Z Stalker, I will do that in summer too but in winter this happens more often. This XL is in the old ESP made before the 2007 Ace race Impact and the 2008 year of only soft FLX and the new less durable, less OS ESP when ESP came back.

Since mid 2017 I have switched from Stiff Magnet as main disc to the Jawbreaker plastic due to the Modern Pro D Magnet hitting a tree during getting permanently warped during a hyzer putt on Vacation. Then I had to put the old Pro D Magnet into my Beginner set (now backpack bag late August 2020) in early 2019, due to the disc becoming around 170 grams for me and winds taking the mold. So I got the last of the Titanic in Proline, similar plastic to ESP or modern Titanium 4 good ones 2 of which are backup for the two in the bag and a messed up flexible Proline that was like a DGA mistake run that missed being stamped up to be a Factory mistake. Only 2 reasons I use Proline Titanic really is that Jawbraker is not durable in gap putts where I might miss the gap and for putts at or over 90F or 32 C as the Jawbreaker plastic then gets too much grip at or past 90 F/32 C.