• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are looking for the Flattest and Straightest flying of the MD2's we have these Orange and Yellow ones that are in between 170-173 grams at the Discmania Store. We have been testing these out recently and they seem to be the straightest of the ones we have thrown. These discs would be exactly what I believe you are looking for. We will keep the S-LINE MD2 information you have provided for the future.

About the FD. It sounds like you could use either a 172g First Run C-LINE FD, a 172-175 G-LINE FD, or like you stated a 171g C-LINE Jolly Launcher FD. If you are buying from the Discmania Store and buying the Jolly Launcher FD I would select a 171 Orange Jolly Launcher C-LINE.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for all the questions guys! what else is out there?

-Ryan

Yep, I bought 172g orange 2013 flat C-MD2 and it does fly really nice and straight, thanks for the suggestion! I also managed to find two R-Pro MD2's which I actually love even more, so easily flies laser straight lines. I really wish these could get back in production.

I also found myself a 170g blue 3rd run C-FD and compared to my old yellow 175g 3rd run, this one flies more of a calm lines. The fade is more forward and theres not that much of an s curve. So it is surprisingly steady. I think I still might want to try the G-line FD to get something reeally straight for wooded courses. And talking about the G-line, I personally don't really like the stamp on the G-line PD.. Idk why but it looks a bit 'cheap'. But that's just me :D

And I have one question about the DD2, how does the flight difference between ~170g P-line and ~160g blizzard C-line? And how long should my drive be let's say with an PD so that I could get the DD2 fly like it should?

Yep, I bought 172g orange 2013 flat C-MD2 and it does fly really nice and straight, thanks for the suggestion! I also managed to find two R-Pro MD2's which I actually love even more, so easily flies laser straight lines. I really wish these could get back in production.

I also found myself a 170g blue 3rd run C-FD and compared to my old yellow 175g 3rd run, this one flies more of a calm lines. The fade is more forward and theres not that much of an s curve. So it is surprisingly steady. I think I still might want to try the G-line FD to get something reeally straight for wooded courses. And talking about the G-line, I personally don't really like the stamp on the G-line PD.. Idk why but it looks a bit 'cheap'. But that's just me :D

And I have one question about the DD2, how does the flight difference between ~170g P-line and ~160g blizzard C-line? And how long should my drive be let's say with an PD so that I could get the DD2 fly like it should?

Thanks for the input on the G-LINE stamp. I personally love it, I love how it looks when i'm spinning the disc on my finger :) And yes the G-LINE FD will probably give you the straightest flight with least power.

About your question: The difference between the 170g P-LINE and 160g Blizzard DD2 first of all would be durability, The Blizzard C-LINE is more durable. When both are brand new we have found that the the P-LINE tends to have a very straight flight when thrown at a slight hyzer and the the Blizzard C-LINE DD2 will turn a little bit more but they both have a decent fade because they are speed 13 discs. Again, the Blizzard C-LINE DD2 will hold this type of flight for a longer period of time and the P-LINE DD2 will break into this within the first month or so of heavy use and then get even more understable after that.

trying to compare distance to what type of disc you should be throwing is tricky. If you were throwing a C-LINE PD and getting it 300-350 ft and you wanted to throw the DD2, we would recommend the Blizzard C-LINE or the P-LINE for flex distance shots and then use the S or C-LINE DD2s for your straight to overstable high speed driver.

How does the MD3 fly in comparison to the glow Roc3s? I heard that some are more stable? What runs of the MD3 are the most stable?

Currently I throw Roc3s and the glow Roc3 is my most stable.

All we know so far is it will not be a firebird equivalent and Jussi described it as a "more versatile" disc. I am guessing we will see some speed 9's someday, but for now this disc is really intriguing! Attached is the photo for reference if you didn't see it initially!

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    62.2 KB · Views: 54
Any chance of a production run of the glow P3?

I'm loving the one I got from the San Francisco Safari, it's great!

I wish all P3s could be this stable.

Just wanted to say thanks for the support of our tournament!

...and obviously thanks to Ryan and the whole Discmania crew for working with us and getting us those awesome P3's and FD's!

All we know so far is it will not be a firebird equivalent and Jussi described it as a "more versatile" disc. I am guessing we will see some speed 9's someday, but for now this disc is really intriguing! Attached is the photo for reference if you didn't see it initially!

I'm pretty sure that's a pre-release pic of the FD2?

Where can one find these glow FDs you all keep alluding to? I'm on a disc buying moratorium but would break it for that. Also, any word on production G-FDs yet?

Thanks for all the questions guys! we have been preparing for 2014 worlds, can't wait for all of these sweet pieces of plastic to get out to the public.

any hints at the next release? retooling? new inventory on the store, etc?

The next release should be a completely new disc. more info to come later.

Jussi had teased a new disc on instagram awhile back. What's the info on that??

You'll see soon!

Yeah thats what I was wondering too. PD3 please.

more information coming soon!

This new disc is sweet. It went immediately into my bag as well.

The glow P3s are seriously overstable. They have tested well, there's a good chance for a production run.

Just wanted to say thanks for the support of our tournament!

...and obviously thanks to Ryan and the whole Discmania crew for working with us and getting us those awesome P3's and FD's!

You're welcome. I was really surprised at how much overstable the Glow P3's were compared to the production run.

I'm pretty sure that's a pre-release pic of the FD2?

Not the FD2... more info coming soon :)

Nope. It is from Jussi's Instagram and he said it was not an FD2.

correct.

You're right just saw the comment. Well then it's best to let the info come out when it's meant to.

coming soon.

Where can one find these glow FDs you all keep alluding to? I'm on a disc buying moratorium but would break it for that. Also, any word on production G-FDs yet?

There are is going to be a production run of the G-LINE FD. We will make sure you guys know when they are available!

Can anyone tell me how the MD3 flies in comparison to the Roc3? Rarintal must have missed my post asking about it, are they more stable, less stable, about the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts