• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an easy way to tell? I have a C-PD and I really don't have another PD to compare it to. Nor have I ever owned another plus molded disc... so I wouldn't really even know where to start.

Hold a pencil or something as such against the rim. If it's overly slanted, it's a plus mold. Plus molds are almost waxy-like and flexy. Slight dome, and clearish. Good luck. I'll post a pic when I'm not hammered.

again... DM dri fit tees and polos.

multiple color combos/variations

even though lizzote is one of my favorite players..

NO PRO NAMES ON THEM!

I am a huge fan of your team/products and will continue to use/love/praise them..

just get me some of those DAMN SHIRTS!

What d-line disc would you recommend cycling with my c-line MD2 and MD3's? Right now I carry a beat c-line MD2 for understable needs, one MD3 beat in straight, and one MD3 that is a meat hook. I am looking for a d-line disc that will beat in straight and be useful for controlled approach shots in the woods. I am having some issues for tight tunnel shots and playing through extremely wooded holes. Right now I throw a putter for this gap but am not getting the distance I like.

I was leaning towards a gremlin because of the smaller diameter and know it starts out stable so would think it could beat in well. What are your thoughts on the gremlin versus the MD1/MD2 for this shot need?

Thanks!

Javan

Are the first run P2's similar to current runs? And any restocks of G PD's and G FD's coming soon?

The First Run P2's fly the same, but feel completely different. The plastic feels soft and almost gummy. It's a very unique plastic.

Any plans for a mini shield restock?

At the moment we haven't planned it. What discs are you looking for? We can keep it in mind for the future if we run more.

I know you are the US rep specifically but could you elaborate a little on why there are such astounding amounts of extra yummy products in your store and hardly any of the same goodies at innovastore.net? I.e. what is the big picture of the EUR/US Discmania retail scheme?

I am just anxious to get all the mini shields, FRFs etc. :)

I'm sorry I can't quite answer this question.

The funny thing is...I think it's a "grass is always greener..." thing.

I had someone want to buy the discmania shirt off my back, literally I was wearing it, because he couldn't get it in the US...we weren't the same size.

This is true, I have had this happen as well.

Yeah I can dig that. I would still prefer "the best of both worlds" so to speak... but the Atlantic does put a little damper on logistics though

Yeah, it makes it a little bit more complicated :)

Are there any plans in the future to run more pd's without the plus mold rim? I got a hold of an older s line pd that is not plus rimmed and it is a great flyer. I have not had the chance to throw a newer s-line pd that has a plus mold rim, do they fly any differently?

We do not plan on running plus mold rims. I don't believe I have ever seen a plus mold S-LINE PD.

The only plus-rimmed PDs are the second-run C-PDs.

This is true.

What's the best plastic in your (and the discmania pros') opinion to putt with? I've been using d-line but getting a lot of spit outs even with simple low power putts. How well does the new g-line work for putting?

I know Simon and Jussi use the D-LINE P2, as do most of the team members... AJ uses the P-LINE P2. If you are looking for a grippier putter the P-LINE P1 is pretty ridiculously grippy.

I am not a pro, but did change over to G-P2 just because of this. Over the weekend played 97 holes of disc golf and almost all approaches and putts were with this green FR G-P2. Great success. Will be getting a bunch more when it goes to regular production (it will, wont it?)

The G-LINE P2 is a great disc. The production run will be coming later this year.

still waiting on some DM dri fits without avery's name on them to hit the store.

that is all.

We are working on getting shirts to the store.

Is there an easy way to tell? I have a C-PD and I really don't have another PD to compare it to. Nor have I ever owned another plus molded disc... so I wouldn't really even know where to start.

It should be pretty noticable. it's a pretty big slant on the rim going down from the flight plate.

Hold a pencil or something as such against the rim. If it's overly slanted, it's a plus mold. Plus molds are almost waxy-like and flexy. Slight dome, and clearish. Good luck. I'll post a pic when I'm not hammered.

true. The plastic is very close to the 4th Run C-LINE PD's. Much softer than the First Run C-LINE PD's

again... DM dri fit tees and polos.

multiple color combos/variations

even though lizzote is one of my favorite players..

NO PRO NAMES ON THEM!

I am a huge fan of your team/products and will continue to use/love/praise them..

just get me some of those DAMN SHIRTS!

We are working on it :)

What d-line disc would you recommend cycling with my c-line MD2 and MD3's? Right now I carry a beat c-line MD2 for understable needs, one MD3 beat in straight, and one MD3 that is a meat hook. I am looking for a d-line disc that will beat in straight and be useful for controlled approach shots in the woods. I am having some issues for tight tunnel shots and playing through extremely wooded holes. Right now I throw a putter for this gap but am not getting the distance I like.

I was leaning towards a gremlin because of the smaller diameter and know it starts out stable so would think it could beat in well. What are your thoughts on the gremlin versus the MD1/MD2 for this shot need?

Thanks!

Javan

The GM would be one solution you are looking for. If you are looking for more overstable to beat in I would say the MD1 if you like wide diameter mids, or the GM if you like smaller diameter discs. The MD2 is fairly straight right off of the shelf and might beat in to understable. I hope that helps

what other questions do you guys have??

-Ryan

How do you decide which foil stamp you will use on certain discs? I must admit that I have bought many DM discs because the rainbow stamp looks so darn pretty on the C-Line design.

I just placed an order and tried to drive home the point that I prefer that stamp over color and even weight to a few grams. How good are the guys on delivering on requests like that through the store?

Are there any plans to release another lizotte stamped disc besides the FD that's on the store right now?

I know this was asked but there are a lot of posts to search through, which c-line md2's are the most understable and do the p-line md2's break in nicely for that hyper flip/turnover mid shot?

I know this was asked but there are a lot of posts to search through, which c-line md2's are the most understable and do the p-line md2's break in nicely for that hyper flip/turnover mid shot?

there are no understable c-line md2's that ive ever heard of. from my experience the ones that start off with less low speed stability are the flatter ones, but even then they start out with a lot of high speed stability. i've had one of the early run opaque flat c-lines in my bag for like two years probably and it's still not understable, it's just super straight. the only time i can get it to turn is when i'm throwing it like 300+ and even then it's just a bit of movement. i can throw it 380 and it wont turn over.

How do you decide which foil stamp you will use on certain discs? I must admit that I have bought many DM discs because the rainbow stamp looks so darn pretty on the C-Line design.

I just placed an order and tried to drive home the point that I prefer that stamp over color and even weight to a few grams. How good are the guys on delivering on requests like that through the store?

We read every comment and try to accomplish every request for our customers :)

Are there any plans to release another lizotte stamped disc besides the FD that's on the store right now?

At the moment there is not.

I'm surprised he doesn't have more, atleast the pd2 since he throws them the most. Or a d p2

Simon really loves the FD2 as well.

Just wondering if we will be seeing a g line p1 anything soon

for the G-LINE releases, you will just have to watch our social media outlets to see what and when discs are coming out :)

Is there a date for a production run or restock of g-line pds?

There is a target date. We will let you all know via our social media outlets as soon as they are available.

The most understable would be the D-LINE MD2's. The P-LINE MD2's do break in niceley. The lighter weight 170-172 C-LINE MD2's hyzer flip when worn in. and they seem to be the flattest of the "flat Jolly Launcher MD2's". last but not least there's the 2nd Run domey C-LINE MD2 which is straight to understable

there are no understable c-line md2's that ive ever heard of. from my experience the ones that start off with less low speed stability are the flatter ones, but even then they start out with a lot of high speed stability. i've had one of the early run opaque flat c-lines in my bag for like two years probably and it's still not understable, it's just super straight. the only time i can get it to turn is when i'm throwing it like 300+ and even then it's just a bit of movement. i can throw it 380 and it wont turn over.

The only correction to this I would make would be the D-LINE variation or the domey 2nd run C-LINES are more understable than other c-lines.

Any plan more more apparel? Hoodie would be nice, as would DM Buffs, great for cold windy days.

There are plans, we are working our hardest to supply the Discmaniacs with what they want :)

i have a patent tooled d-line p2 that feels very different than my other d-lines is this a first run d-line?

The first runs are Patent tooled and very soft. It could almost be considered gummy D-LINE plastic.

I'll piggyback onto SlappyMcGruff's question and ask if there are any S-line FD2's in the works?

Will Discmania ever make a true 150 PD again, especially S-PDs? Not a 156 or 159, but 150. The First Run 150s and Shield Stamp 150s are two of the best 150 runs made, anywhere, anytime.

And if y'all could see fit to make a 150 C-PD :thmbup: :hfive: :clap:
it could be the best 150 driver ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts