• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discmania Support Reply

Discmania: Please give us some PMD3 throwers

They are coming. We have them and just need to find time to stamp them. About a week or so and we should be set

Have any runs of MD2 been flat? I'd like to bag one for standstills, I absolutely love the MD for them but want that MD3 flight.

The original runs of MD2 were pretty flat. Some were very flat. We have seen that the new run of MD coming will be pretty flat as well and they feel amazing!

Discmania Support Reply

I recently talked to a dealer who said that the Fiend stamp was coming back. Please say it is so. This is my favorite of the old school stamps and the md2 is such a great mold.

Unfortunately it is not so. There is a chance that some versions in the future will have a nod to the old design but that's about it. Some of that stock was some stuff from the East coast most likely. We still have some tricks up our sleeves though.

Since P-PDs are no more, what's the best Discmania substitute, flight and feel-wise?

I would have to agree with CD2. Though an S-Line one is always a safe bet. Those ones fly quite a bit less stable and if you take the time to beat it up just a bit, aside from the grip of P-Line, the flight should be comparable.

Besides max weight, not really. Disc golf center has none, infinite discs barely has any, marshall street doesn't have any, gotta go gotta throw doesn't have any, dgustore doesn't have any, sun king doesn't have any. I really want one that isn't freakin yellow. Please make more :(

They are coming. We do have a nice assortment of heavy ones on the store but a new batch is scheduled to run in July

Out of the box- cd2, but a beat in s-pd would fit the bill better
I have a S-PD that's beaten in that flippy but it's kind of squirrely compared to my beat P-PD actually. The S has more turn and more fade whereas the P just turns and drifts with minimal fade. I dunno. I just remembered I've got a light S and P-PD in a box somewhere, I might try both of those.
I haven't tried one of those but my experience with G* could be what I'm looking for, thanks.
I would have to agree with CD2. Though an S-Line one is always a safe bet. Those ones fly quite a bit less stable and if you take the time to beat it up just a bit, aside from the grip of P-Line, the flight should be comparable.
Does the CD2 have the anhyzer top? My hands really like those for some reason. Cheers.

Are there S-Line P3 planned, or P-Line maybe? That would be great.

The P3 is an important disc in my bag. But it looks as if it stands much in the shadows of the P2 and P1x. How's the future looking for the mold?

And finally, could you explain about the flight numbers change? I've got one with 3/2/0/3 (first ordered) and one with 3/2/0/2 (later ordered). The latter numbers appear to be a correction, because that's more what it flies ... but the website still says 3/2/0/3. https://www.discmania.net/product/p3/

The P3 is an important disc in my bag. But it looks as if it stands much in the shadows of the P2 and P1x. How's the future looking for the mold?

And finally, could you explain about the flight numbers change? I've got one with 3/2/0/3 (first ordered) and one with 3/2/0/2 (later ordered). The latter numbers appear to be a correction, because that's more what it flies ... but the website still says 3/2/0/3. https://www.discmania.net/product/p3/

The P3 is also a very important disc in my bag and agree that we need some s-lines or a softer driver p-line would be amazing.
The flight number change came at the time the retool was done to the P3 last year. The ones marked with the fade of 2 should be the retooled version and are actually slightly more stabe then the original run.

New fd2 are up. Funny how people are buying 20 at a time (obviously for upsales). This happens with every single release, despite the molds. Can't help but continue to ween from DM, which really sucks. I'll be back when you can tamo up production to kill the craziness to buy you're producta

Couple of questions awaiting official response:

When are S-Line CD2 planned to be released again?

When is the FD2 going to see a run in C-Line?

Thanks much!

New fd2 are up. Funny how people are buying 20 at a time (obviously for upsales). This happens with every single release, despite the molds. Can't help but continue to ween from DM, which really sucks. I'll be back when you can tamo up production to kill the craziness to buy you're producta

There are plenty of them still up on the store? Who cares if people are buying 20 of them...

It's also a fundraising disc, so the more purchased the better for the sport...

Sorry, just confused by this logic.

There are plenty of them still up on the store? Who cares if people are buying 20 of them...

It's also a fundraising disc, so the more purchased the better for the sport...

Sorry, just confused by this logic.

you're confused by the logic of low supply continues to yield high demand and substantially increases prices? If you miss the initial sales, you have no choice but to move to the 2nd hand market and pay ransoms for discs.

Don't be confused, people can buy 50. I'm just not going to buy discs for 2x-3x stock prices because the supply is low. Too many other good discs and companies to find daily, with tons of stock available.

you're confused by the logic of low supply continues to yield high demand and substantially increases prices? If you miss the initial sales, you have no choice but to move to the 2nd hand market and pay ransoms for discs.

Don't be confused, people can buy 50. I'm just not going to buy discs for 2x-3x stock prices because the supply is low. Too many other good discs and companies to find daily, with tons of stock available.

The confusion lied in the fact that there are still hundreds available on the store. No one is forcing you to purchase for 2x-3x the price. Awesome products are the reason for high demand, not low supply stocks. At the end of the day they are a business, they cant pay their bills with over-produced plastic that hasn't sold yet.

I should of worded it differently, my apologies if I came off as offensive. Happy huckin!

Discmania Support Reply

Great news! We have a new production run of D-Line P3 and C-Line P3 ready to be stamped. C-Line is still being made but we have some on hand for the time being. This run feels pretty awesome and are excited to get some heavier ones back out there. As far as the flight numbers go, the fade of 2 is correct now. Though the flight of the MD3 and the P3 did not change, the numbers now reflect what they should have said in the first place. P3 will be back soon!

Where can I find CD2??

CD2's are in production at the moment. About half of them are done so far, just waiting on the final plastic to finish and we can get those in stock as well. Less than a month ETA

Couple of questions awaiting official response:

When are S-Line CD2 planned to be released again?

When is the FD2 going to see a run in C-Line?

Thanks much!

S-Line CD2 will be back very soon

FD2 has a C-Line production this year most likely

Discmania Support Reply

We still have plenty online for you! We did a larger batch release of these so everyone could try out as many of a band new thing as they wanted. Have no fear!

Did p-line md3's ever come out?

I guess even if they did, they're gone now...

P-MD3's are here in full force. We just need to stamp them up and send 'em off. About a week most likely. They feel great too! Just a little bit of dome compared to the flatter run last time.

Great news! We have a new production run of D-Line P3 and C-Line P3 ready to be stamped. C-Line is still being made but we have some on hand for the time being. This run feels pretty awesome and are excited to get some heavier ones back out there. As far as the flight numbers go, the fade of 2 is correct now. Though the flight of the MD3 and the P3 did not change, the numbers now reflect what they should have said in the first place. P3 will be back soon!

:D:D Yes! :clap::clap:

Discmania Support Reply

Awesome! Any idea if that dome makes them more or less stable?

To be determined. We'll make it out there and do some testing tomorrow perhaps. Tentative guesstimation is that they will be a touch less stable and definitely more glide.

Status
Not open for further replies.