• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OKTHROWBERFEST 2015 -- VOTING POLL

Vote for your THREE favorites!

• Smiley Skulll and Cross Bones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wicked Wizard

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • Welcome to Camp

Votes: 101 58.0%
  • Terrible Tom

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Jack-O-Chains

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing Red

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • The Bride

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Slashtrooper

• Foot Fault

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Good vs Evil

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • REX

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Autumn's Storms

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Black Bart's Burning

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Charlie Brown

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Pumpkin Patch

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • Grip Lockenstein

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Creepy Crawler

Votes: 119 68.4%
  • Who ya gonna throw?

• A Nightmare on Tatooine

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • The Dark Wanderer

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • A Throw to the Moon

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • Zombieland Survival Disc

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Maple Camo

Votes: 41 23.6%
  • I'm just a Poe boy from a Poe family

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • Aaahhkthrowberfest!!!

Votes: 64 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope whoever dyed the creepy crawly doesn't live by the magician's code, so they can tell us how that was done!

Results like these are reasons I'd NEVER attempt to dye. I would constantly beat myself up got not having kick ass results like these.

Seriously insane talent here. I almost feel bad voting because there are so many great choices (all of which look far better than mine would ever be) and I have a feeling my votes are biased, because I have a feeling I already know who did what... mostly.

Results like these are reasons I'd NEVER attempt to dye. I would constantly beat myself up got not having kick ass results like these.

Seriously insane talent here. I almost feel bad voting because there are so many great choices (all of which look far better than mine would ever be) and I have a feeling my votes are biased, because I have a feeling I already know who did what... mostly.

Yeah, but even if you just entered a first-time dye, you'd STILL be eligible for a big payout, with no entry fee! Everyone's going home a winner, and it's all thanks to the INCREDIBLE sponsors and supporters of the contest. PLEASE, if you really enjoy the contest, LET THE SPONSORS KNOW! They deserve all the credit for making Okthrowberfest so great!

Sponsors are great, yes. But without Bennett (and no shortage of DGCR talent) there would be no Okthrowberfest.

Fine work, everyone!

Blown away by all the talent! It's so cool to have a contest where people who are new to dying go toe-to-toe with seasoned veterans and no matter what you get an awesome payout. Enables the artists to run with their ideas without stressing ideas like most contests do. Takes some awesome people, some awesome sponsors, and a host with the talent to pull it all off. I know it's been said, but thanks Bennett for making this contest such a breeze for the contestants and Okthrowberfest my personal favorite DG event of the year!

Annndd it's DONE! Congrats to DyeingToPlay for an INCREDIBLE piece of art in Creepy Crawler!

Impossible to believe this is a dye, unless you know DTP's prowess! Can you believe this is on a WHITE disc?!?! Guy blows me away --- and I thought Maple Camo was even better, because I can't for the life of me figure out how it was done! The green shading behind the yellow veins -- amazing!

Congrats DTP, and congrats to EVERYONE who entered! All of you will be winning some serious goodies!

I will take pics of my stock tomorrow for the 3 random winners who get to pull from my holdings, and we will start the payout!

place title artist
1 Creepy Crawler DyeingToPlay
2 Welcome to Camp BennettUA
3 Aaahhkthrowberfest!!! roggenb3
4 Maple Camo DyeingToPlay
5 I'm just a Poe boy from a Poe family El Duderino
6 Pumpkin Patch sickdisc.com
7 Charlie Brown teamtapin13
8 Wicked Wizard twistedmangled
8 A Throw to the Moon DAGNABBIT
10 Terrible Tom bsheisey
11 Foot Fault TTD93
12 Black Bart's Burning Reniger
12 Zombieland Survival Disc ngramly
14 Good vs Evil teamtapin13
14 The Dark Wanderer FleshJAV
16 REX twistedmangled
16 Autumn's Storms Reniger
18 Grip Lockenstein TwoChain
18 A Nightmare on Tatooine sscarmana
20 The Bride DAGNABBIT
20 Slashtrooper sscarmana
20 Who ya gonna throw? Notmycircus76
23 Seeing Red driverdevil666
24 Smiley Skulll and Cross Bones Webster_Guy
24 Jack-O-Chains tbr75

I've been waiting to talk about these dyes, and now that the voting is over, I just want to say...HOLY SMOKES, these are insane!

I chose:

Good vs. Evil because of the theme, the work, and the style of the dye. It must have taken a while because of the multiple colors and layers. Is that thing hand drawn? Awesome job!

Charlie Brown for the super clean look, many colors, and again, the theme. Love Peanuts, and this one is quality work.

Creepy Crawler for....yea. You just need to look at it and vote. DTP always impresses, and this year was no different. Knock your socks amazing. :thmbup:

Congrats to everyone for their work, and of course to Bennett, who keeps this up every year. :clap::clap:

Edit: Just saw your list, Bennett! AWESOME work on "Welcome to Camp!"

And Teamtapin13, looks like I picked your two entries. Congrats to you too for your strong dyes! :thmbup::thmbup:

Last edited:
Annndd it's DONE! Congrats to DyeingToPlay for an INCREDIBLE piece of art in Creepy Crawler!

Impossible to believe this is a dye, unless you know DTP's prowess! Can you believe this is on a WHITE disc?!?!

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Makes it all the more impressive.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how some of these great dyes were done.

I'll post a How Its Made thread for Okthrowberfest tomorrow or Monday for my disc, others can add as they wish.

Congrats again to DTP. I was pretty sure that disc would win from the minute this poll started.

And thanks again to Bennett for running the whole show.

I've been waiting to talk about these dyes, and now that the voting is over, I just want to say...HOLY SMOKES, these are insane!

I chose:

Good vs. Evil because of the theme, the work, and the style of the dye. It must have taken a while because of the multiple colors and layers. Is that thing hand drawn? Awesome job!

Charlie Brown for the super clean look, many colors, and again, the theme. Love Peanuts, and this one is quality work.

Creepy Crawler for....yea. You just need to look at it and vote. DTP always impresses, and this year was no different. Knock your socks amazing. :thmbup:

Congrats to everyone for their work, and of course to Bennett, who keeps this up every year. :clap::clap:

Edit: Just saw your list, Bennett! AWESOME work on "Welcome to Camp!"

And Teamtapin13, looks like I picked your two entries. Congrats to you too for your strong dyes! :thmbup::thmbup:

thanks Halcón I really appreciate the votes!!! good vs evil was a black dip and the red and blue was hand painted..

Welcome to Camp is the clear best here, IMHO. Totally amazing.

ok first let me say a huge THANK YOU to the sponsors...

also congratulations Bennett on another awesome Okthrowberfest, THANK YOU Sir for everything you do to make this possible.
great job on "welcome to camp" very clean and love the colors.

DTP I am speechless,.......................................................wow, this disc is absolutely incredible!!!

Great stuff everyone! I've only been dying for a little over a year and these contests are the best source of motivation and inspiration for me. It's amazing to see what some of the best can achieve and makes me just want to keep doing more. Thanks to all the sponsors and voters!

Knew it! DTP... The Messiah of Dyeing. And Bennett's was obvious. ;) Even with a plotter, I would just look at that image and NOPE right outta there! Such incredible detail.

Just incredible work guys! SO well done!

Check the Login, Dummy!

Knew it! DTP... The Messiah of Dyeing. And Bennett's was obvious. ;) Even with a plotter, I would just look at that image and NOPE right outta there! Such incredible detail.

Just incredible work guys! SO well done!

Whoops!!! That was me guys. I accidentally posted from my girl's account. My bad!

Emails have been sent to all the participants --- PLEASE check your emails and let me know an order on what prizes you'd like, and we can get these sent out ASAP!

Latest posts