• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Oldest disc in your bag?

How old is your oldest thrower?

• Total voters
Oldest I throw is an early 90s DX Cobra, longest I have bagged is an 08' Worlds FLX Drone that I've been throwing since their release. Over 20 years on the Cobra and a good 6 on said Drone (lost it for almost a year and it was eventually returned to me, otherwise I'd say 7).

Mine is a DX bottom-stamped Roc, the 2nd disc I ever got (along with an Aviar, after playing for almost a year with only a Shark), probably circa 2001 (RIP Disc Landing).

I bagged it faithfully until last year, and only took it out for fear of losing it (sentimental value and all that).

Up until about 2 or 3 years ago, my bag was predominantly discs 10+ years old. Elite Pro X2, 2002 CFR XS, 2001 Am Worlds MRV, Elite Z Putt'r, 1.4 JLS. I threw what I knew, but what I didn't know was how much better I would be choosing discs that fit my style, rather than trying to make my style fit the discs I was throwing. /end ramble

Oldest in my bag is a DDT Champ Glow King Cobra I bought at the Olde Town General Store in Nac about 2.5 years ago . Got it to replace/supplement my increasingly beat in DC Cobra, one of the first three discs I ever bought. Disc still glows great and is s staple in my bag.

Oldest by sheer age may be one of the blowflies I throw. Had to ask DGA themselves about the disc because I was trying to find more, but sadly that run war many years ago.

Been putting with the same Special Edition Rhyno for 15+ years. It replaced an old Ching Tank. Got an Z-MRV I've used for 12+ years, and a CE Eagle I've thrown sparingly for 12+ years. The Eagle is the only one thats ever been taken out of my bag.

Those discs look kinda odd mixed in with the new discs like Opto Air Bolts.

My oldest discs in my bag are currently right around 2 years:
Star Destroyer
Pro Destroyer
DX Teebird
DX Roc

oldest disc in the bag is an s-line pd. got an ace, and about 2 years on it.

3 years; A Star Wraith and a KC Pro Roc.

This is my 5th year of playing and over the last two years I have replaced all the DX and beginner friendly discs I had once owned.

I have a GL River that I have had/bagged for about a 1 and a half. I voted one year since half years were not represented.

It is my most understable disc in my bag, I use it for right turning shots and mostly utility shots.

I don't have any of my original 8 discs or so (lots of Innova DX). I do still use the first Truth, Escape and Judge I bought, which are about 3 years old now. (Been playing for about 3 and 1/2 yrs).

A tournament stamped pearly champ starfire from the 2004 new england championships at Wickham. My buddy went all Vibram and sold off his Innova stuff real cheap.
It was in pretty mint condition when I got it but I had already dinged it up a bit before I learned that some older discs are more valuable than new ones.

Soft Wizard with Pyramids DGC Stamp. Ordered a pair almost 2 years ago. Peach colored one is lost in the woods, Yellow is my straight/under stable workhorse <250'.

11x Eagle-X and 11x Teebird are over 10+ years old, bagged for 6 months and still fly freaking stable! This is the best plastic blend I've played with for sure!

I have a first run SOLF and a few pat# Banshee's but have only had them a year or so. My oldest disc is a 150 class dx Shark (must be pretty old it is Ontario tooled). Saw it lying around and threw it in a field a few weeks ago and it is a great flyer and back in the bag.

Last time I threw it my form must have stunk cause it was instant turnover. I can throw it close to full power now and get it to hold hyzers, straight shots, and annys. Really fun to throw when I don't need a full weight shark. And it can't possibly beat in any further.

I bag a beautiful CE Valkyrie that I bought on here. It is way older than my game, but definitely the oldest disc in my bag. Hell, all of my Valkyries in my bag are older than my game. I bag the CE, a jk pro, two 4 time jk champions, and one five time jk champion. And yes, they all fly different enough that they all have spots. Lol. I also bag a beautiful pearly white champion monster that is pfn and an x mold. Love that disc so much for trick shots.

The disc that I have been throwing the longest is the type dye 5x JK champion Valkyrie that I was blessed to have signed by the champ herself.

Oldest disc in my bag would be a pair of circle stamp cobras and a pair of circle stamp gazelles

Longest bagged: Factory Store pro-TeeBird x 3 yr

Oldest disc in bag: a rotation of CE and JK Valks. (Like nate above) Today featuring a glide machine 167 early run CE opaque fingerprinty red.

FR Neutron Ion. It hasn't left my bag in 3 years, and will be there until it's too beat to be useful...which may take forever.

Voted for the disc I've been throwing the longest, rather than the oldest plastic. They very well might be the same disc.

This was more of how I was trying to pose the question. What disc you've been throwing the longest.
Mine would be more or less the same answer; only issue with my discs is that they are Rocs and end up in the cycle pile. So the oldest disc in my bag is a Roc I got 17 years ago and started throwing 17 years ago, but it hasn't been in the bag the entire 17 years. The disc that had the longest continuous run in my bag was a small bead Aviar that I putted with for 12 years, but it has been out of the bag for the last six with no real plan to ever put it back in.

Latest posts