• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

I found the swirly Sirius 1.5 runs very much the same as the 1.5 and 1.6 Sirius in profile. Pretty straight flights less OS/wind resistance than current domey Thunderbirds or the recent runs of QOLF
Yeah my new star thunderbird is basically a domey firebird. I absolutely love the feel but it's just not the slot I am trying to fill. Hoping the SWOLF will be a bit straighter and actually go 350 for me instead of dumping at 300 like the thundy.

Has anyone thrown the 2021 swirly SOLFs? Any comparisons to previous SOLF runs?

I have a few in the 167-169 range and they are pretty neutral. Not flippy but you can work them on lots of angles. Wouldn't throw into much a headwind though.

My workhorse SOLF is a 1.3 and I'd say the swirly 1.5 SOLF aren't too far off from them. They have a little bit of turn and little bit of fade. Overall pretty straight. I can get them out to about 325.

Last edited:
Mine came in super champy (almost translucent). Not as OS as my 1.4 QOLFs but almost. Slight dome. Good glide. Really the ideal OLF for me.

So I got two swirly 1.5 SOLFs in today and they feel amazing. Very champy, grippy, and somewhat flexible flight plate. Extremely flat. They're both max-ish weight and fly extremely straight for about 300ft (BH) before they fade off. Really happy with how they fly, and curious if they'll get some turn or lose the fade first. This is basically what I wanted my thunderbirds to be. I could go for a little more dome, but I'm guessing that makes them a little more high speed stable? With todays prices, $20 for these feels like a bargain.

When is Millennium going tits up so Dave can made some beadless gators and OLFs for us? The Beadless Disc and the Overstable Long Flyer

I could use a halo overstable long flyer and a halo just long sexy. While we're at it give me a halo MS.

Caiman's pretty close, not quite a beadless gator. I was referring to the Mortar actually.

There are some runs of actual gators that were beadless as well. I had a star way back in the day. I couldn't tell you how to identify them or find them though.

A few years ago these would have been mine, but I have enough backups. DiscGolfCenter has some Sirius OLFs, all around 151g. So if you like 'em light, go get 'em. Looks like there are 9 and they're all cream... so dyer's delight? Unfortunately, I can't tell what run they are.

https://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=150&PPQT1=66

If someone could do a nebula kind of dye on one I might just get one. :)

Last edited:
A few years ago these would have been mine, but I have enough backups. DiscGolfCenter has some Sirius OLFs, all around 151g. So if you like 'em light, go get 'em. Looks like there are 9 and they're all cream... so dyer's delight? Unfortunately, I can't tell what run they are.

https://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=150&PPQT1=66

If someone could do a nebula kind of dye on one I might just get one. :)

Marshall Street has some, too. Guessing someone found a box of old stock. The ones I got from MS were zippertop SOFs.

I recently picked up a beat up 1.3 MOLF based on all the love I see on this forum for the OLF, and it's looking like it will kick my Undertaker out of the bag. The S flight while retaining some bite at low speed is really clicking with my throwing style.

I'm planning on picking up a new 1.4 MOLF to see about cycling them, but also want to get an SOLF as a bookend- I don't think Quantum will be workable enough for my humbler arm speed. It looks like the run options across online retailers are 1.6, 1.4, and very light 1.1.

I was thinking mid to low 160s 1.6 SOLF would be an economical choice to dive in, but should I consider one of the older runs? Am I too quick to dismiss a 160s QOLF? For reference, I'm throwing fairways maybe 330'.

I recently picked up a beat up 1.3 MOLF based on all the love I see on this forum for the OLF, and it's looking like it will kick my Undertaker out of the bag. The S flight while retaining some bite at low speed is really clicking with my throwing style.

I'm planning on picking up a new 1.4 MOLF to see about cycling them, but also want to get an SOLF as a bookend- I don't think Quantum will be workable enough for my humbler arm speed. It looks like the run options across online retailers are 1.6, 1.4, and very light 1.1.

I was thinking mid to low 160s 1.6 SOLF would be an economical choice to dive in, but should I consider one of the older runs? Am I too quick to dismiss a 160s QOLF? For reference, I'm throwing fairways maybe 330'.

I got all three new last year, QOLF, SOLF and MOLF. Not sure on the lighter ones, but the 175 QOLF I bought last summer is very close to a FB in stability.

All three had the newer stamps, I'm not sure the run number was listed on those or not. I'd have to look.

The MOLF and SOLF I think were similar in stability but the MOLF beat in much quicker. It's like -2/2 now. SOLF is still like -.5/2.5. QOLF is like 0/3.

In my experience the SOLF's aren't too far off from the stability of the MOLF's. So if you're wanting a booked you should go with a QOLF.

My OLF's by stability go seasoned 1.3 SOLF, fresh 1.3 MOLF, and 1.4 QOLF.

In my experience the SOLF's aren't too far off from the stability of the MOLF's. So if you're wanting a booked you should go with a QOLF.

My OLF's by stability go seasoned 1.3 SOLF, fresh 1.3 MOLF, and 1.4 QOLF.

I think this makes sense: I'd just add a new MOLF to the cycle as needed and go QOLF - fresher MOLF - flippy MOLF.

I got all three new last year, QOLF, SOLF and MOLF. Not sure on the lighter ones, but the 175 QOLF I bought last summer is very close to a FB in stability.

My hesitation is that it seems like new QOLFs fly pretty overstable and might overlap with a Firebird.

If you get a mid 160's I don't think so. I throw about 330 and I still bag a 171 1.4 QOLF. After about 6 months I'm getting pretty good distance with it. Where as my Draco's don't go past 275. I used to not throw it as much, but it's broken in a little bit and I'm really starting to love it.

I'd say the SOLF and MOLF start near the same stability so your cycle of MOLF could eventually transition to a cycle of SOLF. The weight does make a difference for all OLFs so maybe a cycle of MOLF/SOLF with a single heavier one would be enough stability for a bookend OS one.

Haven't thrown any lighter QOLFs but maybe certain runs would be appropriate. 1.4/1.5 were pretty OS & domey. 1.6 had some pretty flat ones that fly a bit like longer TeeBird3s.

Last edited:
I was able to pick up a lightly used 1.2 SOLF in a local trade, so I'll be giving that a run at my "bookend" slot. I'll decide later on whether I want a MOLF or SOLF cycle.

Latest posts