• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OLF Mega Thread

Agree. Glow OLFs are fantastic. Board flat and beefy. I can ALMOST get by on all OLFs. I mean, I can but I prefer a Thunderbird for open windy shots. the Glow OLF doesn't have much turn, but the mold has inherent high speed turn, and I just don't think it penetrates a headwind the same. At least I don't trust it quite the same to not pop up at all, if I have to hang something out over OB or guarantee I won't roll to the right at all.
Lineup right now is 1 Glow OLF, 1 1.5 SOLF, 1 1.4 SOLF, 4 Zippertops from fresh to roller. then I have 1-2 stiff flat Star Thunderbirds.

Happy 10th birthday to this thread I created while stationed in Korea. Awesome to see it going, even if I have switched to Infinite Discs Roman's for this slot
So with the Roman being the PD does it turn at all, or just lose the fade as it beats in? I actually am revisiting this thread since I just realized I somehow left my seasoned 3x Thunderbird during fieldwork the other day, and have a MOLF that I might sub in, though I have an I-Roman, some Pro and DX Thunderbirds (and potentially another Champ) as well as some C-PDs (both Innova and DM, plus the Phantom Sword) and a DM S-PD.

So with the Roman being the PD does it turn at all, or just lose the fade as it beats in? I actually am revisiting this thread since I just realized I somehow left my seasoned 3x Thunderbird during fieldwork the other day, and have a MOLF that I might sub in, though I have an I-Roman, some Pro and DX Thunderbirds (and potentially another Champ) as well as some C-PDs (both Innova and DM, plus the Phantom Sword) and a DM S-PD.
I'll have to let you know when I beat one in. The Halo S-Blend is crazy beefy, so who knows. The I-Blend still straight-to-fade for me, but I havent had it that long. I mean, really they all share the same rim so might as well just try 'em all. By the time winter rolls around, I'm sure my main drivers will be some combo of PDs, OLFs, and Romans.

Hi

Two 1.1 glo arrived today. Very flat profile. I'll report back after some throws.

They feel very promising. I wonder how they will compare to my QOLF 1.1s.

Hi

Two 1.1 glo arrived today. Very flat profile. I'll report back after some throws.

They feel very promising. I wonder how they will compare to my QOLF 1.1s.
Tossed the new glow 1.1. Beefy. Feels great. More stable than any other Orion I've tried.

I'm likely the 1.5 swirly SOLF. Nice in the hand and it does flip up.

These new glow 1.1s are fantastic. The plastic feels great. Mine throw exactly like my 1.3 SOLFs. Same flat profile as well.

Yeah they really are nice. Have pretty good glide while being overstable. I'm not a fan of having to throw a draco/firebird really hard to get that crazy fade. I lose all control. With the new glow 1.1's I can get nearly the same shot shape with less effort.

I've been working on my FH quite a bit this year and have been looking for something that goes pretty straight. Maybe a little turn and a little come back. Ability to stay on hyzer if that's my throw. Pulled a 1.1 MOLF and 1.1 SOLF from my collection and they are working great. Might have to check out some of the newer runs.

Are the new 1.1 glow the same parts as past releases?
I dunno for sure. But I've got 4 1.1 zippertop SOFs in my bag (threw QOFs for a good while, but just prefer the flight of the SOF) . And a 1.4 SOLF. And a 1.5 SOLF. And a GLOW OLF. And, if I had to guess, they are all the same mold parts.

The Glow feels the closest to the Zippertops, albeit with a higher wing and slightly flatter top. 1.5 is second closest, with a slightly blunted nose. 1.4 has a much blunter nose and more dome (weirdly, its a very straight disc with very little turn or fade--not really what I expect from OLFs).

If I were going consistency of shot shape and feel, I would just carry 3-4 Zippertops from fresh to roller, and 1-2 Glows.

I dunno for sure. But I've got 4 1.1 zippertop SOFs in my bag (threw QOFs for a good while, but just prefer the flight of the SOF) . And a 1.4 SOLF. And a 1.5 SOLF. And a GLOW OLF. And, if I had to guess, they are all the same mold parts.

The Glow feels the closest to the Zippertops, albeit with a higher wing and slightly flatter top. 1.5 is second closest, with a slightly blunted nose. 1.4 has a much blunter nose and more dome (weirdly, its a very straight disc with very little turn or fade--not really what I expect from OLFs).

If I were going consistency of shot shape and feel, I would just carry 3-4 Zippertops from fresh to roller, and 1-2 Glows.
Your description of these new run Lunar QOLF reminds me of the 1.6 QOLFs in dark blue I like a lot (flat with higher PLH). Some of the other 1.6 QOLFs I have (Pink and Yellow) are higher PLH and slight dome (similar to 1.4s). I also like the 1.5 Swirly and stock 1.5 SOLFs which came out pretty flat as well but are much more shapeable throwers (maybe more like the 1.1 zippertops).

I'm guessing (& hoping) Millennium is going to release USDGC LE stamped versions of the Lunar QOLF, Lunar Sirius Draco, and Gummy Glow Soft Tanks during USDGC week on-site at Winthrop. I'm definitely keeping an eye out 🕵️‍♂️

Your description of these new run Lunar QOLF reminds me of the 1.6 QOLFs in dark blue I like a lot (flat with higher PLH). Some of the other 1.6 QOLFs I have (Pink and Yellow) are higher PLH and slight dome (similar to 1.4s). I also like the 1.5 Swirly and stock 1.5 SOLFs which came out pretty flat as well but are much more shapeable throwers (maybe more like the 1.1 zippertops).

I'm guessing (& hoping) Millennium is going to release USDGC LE stamped versions of the Lunar QOLF, Lunar Sirius Draco, and Gummy Glow Soft Tanks during USDGC week on-site at Winthrop. I'm definitely keeping an eye out 🕵️‍♂️
I've never been a fan of the QOLFs (except the first run). So I cant really comment on those.

1.5 SOLFs, both swirly and stock, are (IMO) far more overstable and resistant to turn than any zippertops. Of those, QOFs are more resistant to turn than SOFs, and QOFs also have less LSF.

Other than a super overstable speed 9 and a super flippy speed 9, I only carry OLFs as drivers anymore. Nothing faster, and nothing slower. Just OLFs, Rocs, and Putters.

played a round with the SOLF---IMHO its the most like the zipper 1.1. The were flying very well for me today.

My old 1.1 back ups are not showing any chalk etc. 2006. Are we safe?

Latest posts