• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] OMEGA SS

discpicable

Eagle Member
I just picked up an Omega Supersoft today. I definitely like the feel of it. Anyone had any success with it? Anyone hate it? Does it differ much from an Aviar?

New Omega SS' are a crime

I putt with an Omega SS, but I picked up a new one and it is R-Pro plastic! :thmbdown: I can only hope that they return to their original plastic mix.

Yeah crime indeed, I love me some Omega SS. I sure wish I'd stocked up on the 1.25 runs before they changed to R-Pro. I really, really hope they bring back the old plastic... which I know is a long shot. Speaking of which, does anyone have any Omega SS 1.25 runs or earlier for trade or sell??

I have on Omega SS 1.24 that is my main putter. It is just simply the best putter I've ever held.

I also have a 1.26 that feels like part of a heavy duty tire tube. I just can't get used to it. I'll never buy a putter over the internet again. I have to hold it before purchase.

I like the 1.24 better than any of my 3 aviars. The smaller bead is easier to release and the flight is almost identical.

I have 2, one soft and flexible, the other, a little firmer.

I love the softee for grabbing chains and anhyzer putts.
The firmer is great for long approaches.

I have 2, one soft and flexible, the other, a little firmer.

I love the softee for grabbing chains and anhyzer putts.
The firmer is great for long approaches.

I do the exact same thing but with a KC Pro Aviar and an R-Pro Aviar. Maybe I should check out an Omega...

I have a 1.25 that i've been playing with for over a year now. I love the way it feels, a little on the floppy side, sticky rubber feeling, waffled to hell. I am looking for something to replace it now though. I have not been able to find another omega like it. I might just jump on the Wizard bandwagon.

Good disc for me. I tried Aviars and didn't like the way it released from my hands but omega does me right. I have a lighter weight 1.2(my very first putter:thmbup:) It got more understable over time so I use it primarily for turnover putts. My main Putter is a heavier 1.3 which is a great all around putter especially in wet/ slick conditions.

The Omega SS is the small bead Aviar mold.

Something I always noticed was that the old Omega SS plastic molded up to a lower-profile disc that the small bead Aviar P & A. A stack of 10 Aviar P & A's or Omega AP's was about the same size as a stack of 11 Omega SS. Something in the Supersoft plastic molded up to a disc that felt a lot like an XD in the hand. Now that it is molded in R-Pro I'm not sure if that is true anymore.

I like my "omega SS". Got it a week or 2 ago. I was just looking under it to see how I might know which mold mine was but saw innova stuff on the underside...Does innova make millinieum?

Most Omega SS's have run numbers on them, but not all. In a small circle it just says "1.24" or "1.25" or whatever the run numbers are.

Most of the earlier molds had some differences in the plastic composition. I have a 1.18 and a 1.20 and they aren't the same. I too am disappointed with the change in plastic.

I, personally, do not have one, but a few of my buds have them in their bags to compliment their other putters. Super str8 and easily shaped when thrown for approach shots. If I didn't all ready have other discs, I would probably have one. Reason being is that people I know that throw them, do quite well with them. Nice chain grabbers!!!

I wanted to find the thread from a long time ago with all the pertinent info on the Omega SSs, but I couldn't.
I have access to some brand new Omega SS putters with no run number on them, and the marbled looking stamp. Are these worth picking up? When would these be from?

I wanted to find the thread from a long time ago with all the pertinent info on the Omega SSs, but I couldn't.
I have access to some brand new Omega SS putters with no run number on them, and the marbled looking stamp. Are these worth picking up? When would these be from?

What do they feel like? Does it feel like r pro?

Latest posts