• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] OMG! OMG! Champ Leopard3s, Star Colts, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will buy all of these except the DX Katana.

Although I bet those would absolutely bomb.

I will buy all of these except the DX Katana.

Although I bet those would absolutely bomb.

Yeah, out the box squirrely ultra max distance bomber for sure. Sounds entertaining, if not particularly useful.

Looks like they might be ditching G* as a first run release plastic. Leopard3 first runs are in champion and not G*!!

I think they vary the first run release plastic by mold. I'm fairly certain the Thunderbird first run plastic was also champion (there were the Asia Open Thunderbirds and then the actual proto star stamped ones and both were champion plastic). The first run/proto Colts were XT and DX. Innova has done a lot of first run releases in GStar recently, but not all. I'm guessing it may depend on which plastic they feel truly represents the flight numbers best or what plastic they think will be most popular for a particular mold (not to say that they haven't favored GStar over Star though).

I think they vary the first run release plastic by mold. I'm fairly certain the Thunderbird first run plastic was also champion (there were the Asia Open Thunderbirds and then the actual proto star stamped ones and both were champion plastic). The first run/proto Colts were XT and DX. Innova has done a lot of first run releases in GStar recently, but not all. I'm guessing it may depend on which plastic they feel truly represents the flight numbers best or what plastic they think will be most popular for a particular mold (not to say that they haven't favored GStar over Star though).

If memory serves me correctly, a lot of higher speed discs came out in GStar either first or early on: the Daedalus, (production) Thunderbird, Vulcan, etc. were out in GStar early on, and established higher-speed molds came out in GStar as soon as the plastic came out: the Boss, Valkyrie, Mamba, Krait, etc. were out quickly in GStar plastic.

I know they had a limited run GStar Colt, but I am (very pleasantly) surprised the Colt is coming out in Star plastic so quickly. I was expecting production GStar or Champion, as VTech discs are wont to first be put out in (see the VRoc, Whale, Wombat as examples)...

Mmmmm, Star Colt :popcorn:

Yeah but not generally that excited over just new plastic runs. Leo3s are out as CFRs right?

Havent heard much about them locally on the course. DX katana might actually fly better vs star or champ. DX doesnt always mean US flight off the shelf.

Haven't heard much about them locally on the course. DX katana might actually fly better vs star or champ. DX doesnt always mean US flight off the shelf.

True. They'll beat in fast, though, which might produce some interesting results.

It could also be a lead-in... buy a cheap DX Katana, like it, so invest in premium plastic next time...

I am gonna grab a Star Colt to test...too bad these wont be the Proto molds...:(:(:(.

I was so excited to see them in Star that I forgot these were the re-tools...:eek:!

Casual non-DG nerds have no problem with DX. The katana will probably do well.

I am gonna grab a Star Colt to test...too bad these wont be the Proto molds...:(:(:(.

I was so excited to see them in Star that I forgot these were the re-tools...:eek:!

I'm hoping the Star plastic will offset the understability of the production Colts and they'll perform like the protos then take lots of time to season in. If that doesn't work out, the Colt is still an outstanding putter/approach disc.

I'm hoping the Star plastic will offset the understability of the production Colts and they'll perform like the protos then take lots of time to season in. If that doesn't work out, the Colt is still an outstanding putter/approach disc.

Me too!

In the meantime I am about to order a few :eek: Proto DX's for my back up supply!

Also the dye-ability is a bouns too!

The L3 seems worth a spin as well :D .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts