• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] OMG! OMG! Champ Leopard3s, Star Colts, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. I hope these Star Colts are not stiff but slightly gummy. For...reasons.

Im so gonna get me a star colt love the colt just my production xt is getting understable more than I want... It fills a role.but I also need that slightly more stable role .

That Katana stamp is nice, I need to place an order for those and a Star Ape.

Who likes the Thunderbird? I've never wanted to try one but in Star plastic it might be worth it. I have a 9-11 speed gap on the bag Incould potentially fill.(though it's not really needed)

That Katana stamp is nice, I need to place an order for those and a Star Ape.

Who likes the Thunderbird? I've never wanted to try one but in Star plastic it might be worth it. I have a 9-11 speed gap on the bag Incould potentially fill.(though it's not really needed)

Not me but a lot of people seem to. Great disc, totally unnecicary "slot"

Nothing against the disc really, just useless for me. I can see being nice for noodles and cannon arms.

I have a Champion Thunderbird and I like it. I'll eventually look to get a Star Thunderbird but there are a few things ahead of it in line.

are these available to order 1 or 2 of them? The impression I got from what I saw is that their order forms are for dealers?

I see hardly any DX out on courses...lots of courses, and in different areas. Even noobs move on from the stuff quickly.

I thought so too, but I've been playing solo rounds at the most popular local course and I keep running into casual dudes bagging a bunch of DX. I suppose they like it because of the price.

But they usually bag at least one high speed driver in champion.

are these available to order 1 or 2 of them? The impression I got from what I saw is that their order forms are for dealers?

Yes, that was a dealer page, but it means that dealers will soon be ordering these products and then selling them to us...

Other than the Roc 3 which filled a production slot in champ that was missing, I haven't found the 3 series different enough from their originals to get excited about the Leo, even though I luvs me a good flat landing Leo.

Other than the Roc 3 which filled a production slot in champ that was missing, I haven't found the 3 series different enough from their originals to get excited about the Leo, even though I luvs me a good flat landing Leo.

I understood the Teebird3 and TL3, as Innova didn't have much in the Speed 8 arena (and others don't have a lot, either), but I haven't quite understood the reasons for the Leo3 nor the niche it fills. The Gazelle and Cheetah are right near, and the TL, Teebird, and Eagle are just above. I'm sure people will try the Leo3 and like it, some will love it and swear by it, but I'm just not sure what niche it fills.

I understood the Teebird3 and TL3, as Innova didn't have much in the Speed 8 arena (and others don't have a lot, either), but I haven't quite understood the reasons for the Leo3 nor the niche it fills. The Gazelle and Cheetah are right near, and the TL, Teebird, and Eagle are just above. I'm sure people will try the Leo3 and like it, some will love it and swear by it, but I'm just not sure what niche it fills.

The only thing I can add to this is in regards to the Gazelle. It may have had its day, but that was a long time ago. I love the Gazelle, but I do not see it selling outside of word of mouth. More than likely it is simply the name of the disc; it just does not sound 2010s, a 3 series does. Additionally, Gazelles have that added "bead" on the rim that most other drivers do not. While it does not affect me, and I swear by Gazelles, I know others do not like it or the Cyclone for this very reason.

So, a new disc with the supposedly superior 3 technology with a comfortable rim that fits almost in or near the Gazelle spot, I see it doing nicely in the foreseeable future.

However, are you getting like me and it is just overload? I can still get excited by a new putter or mid, especially if they are trying something new, but I am exhausted trying to find the perfect driver. If a disc does not fly right after 75% of my max distance, it is more operator error than what minor advantage or disadvantage it is suppose to have over an older mold with similar intended flight characteristics.

Please stop talking about molds and slots just by looking at flight numbers.

If the star Colts flop like the gstars did, get a well beat, old school pro Rhyno. They fly identical to the DX proto colts and hold that spot for many, many months of heavy use and don't cost much more than new star.

You can thank me later.

The only thing I can add to this is in regards to the Gazelle. It may have had its day, but that was a long time ago. I love the Gazelle, but I do not see it selling outside of word of mouth. More than likely it is simply the name of the disc; it just does not sound 2010s, a 3 series does. Additionally, Gazelles have that added "bead" on the rim that most other drivers do not. While it does not affect me, and I swear by Gazelles, I know others do not like it or the Cyclone for this very reason.

So, a new disc with the supposedly superior 3 technology with a comfortable rim that fits almost in or near the Gazelle spot, I see it doing nicely in the foreseeable future.

However, are you getting like me and it is just overload? I can still get excited by a new putter or mid, especially if they are trying something new, but I am exhausted trying to find the perfect driver. If a disc does not fly right after 75% of my max distance, it is more operator error than what minor advantage or disadvantage it is suppose to have over an older mold with similar intended flight characteristics.

I get the overload issue, but the leopard name gets me going.

It's pretty much a true leopard. If you have tried a Champion Leopard it is not understable. Even when beat in some it turns, but still fades. This is a nice turnover with gentle fade. It's a beat hyzerflip Leopard out of the box. Can't ask for much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.