• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One Course Before You Die?

I'm thinkin' it would be a bad idea to take a long time to think about this. As long as Death doesn't know where, he can't have Fate steer me there.

I'm not sure what the question is. If I were to play one last course before I die, it would be a sentimental choice: one I've put a ton of work and love into. Not necessarily the greatest course I can play.

If it's a bucket list question---one course I've never played, one last new course to add to my experience---it would probably be Selah Ranch, just based on reputation.

Case 1. Albert Oakland, both 18s. Where I learned to play golf. It's had a couple of changes to layout, and I've heard it's getting a makeover in the coming years, so the original configurations that I grew to love.

Case 2. Bohart Ranch. Never been to the mountains, and it looks exactly like what I'd hope for in terms of experience and fun factor.

Case 2. Bohart Ranch. Never been to the mountains, and it looks exactly like what I'd hope for in terms of experience and fun factor.

Funny you should mention Bohart. I played it once, in a drizzly rain, and seemed to have the mountain entirely to myself. It was wonderful, and beautiful. But, being that close to Yellowstone and not knowing the odds of encountering a grizzly bear, I also played it with the nagging fear that it would be the last course I played before I died.

I'd love to play it again, someday, with someone who runs slower than I do. Just in case.

Diamond X is a course that I want to throw badly, yet can't find a viable reason to visit in the foreseeable future.

Since we are fantasizing i will go with Lake Marshall- The Lions in a completed state. That means I will live to at least 2019.

Now that you mention it, I'll amend my choice to the Final Configuration of Stoney Hill.

That's just about immortality.

DeLaveaga DGC
I've seen it on so many videos, would just love to play the course myself.

Me and the wife have always wanted to go back to visit SanFran someday, and I told her that I would NEED to play DeLa.

Let me know when you're playing Moraine, if you'd like company. Unless I'm out West playing Milo, Farragut, Bohart & Diamond X.

Thanks. Not 100% sure how things are going to work out timewise, but will keep you in mind. I appreciate it. :hfive:

Milo comes to mind as my main bucket list course. Im not too familiar with all the great courses out there though. Just the ones ive seen on YouTube footage. Something awesome in the mountains would be cool too.