• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top five bomber courses.

I'd nominate Blue Lake, Fairview, Ore. As was apparent in '14 worlds, it is 10296ft, 10 holes over 500ft, 5 holes over 700ft. Only 6 par 3s. A few holes are wooded but most are WIDE open.

I'd nominate Blue Lake, Fairview, Ore. As was apparent in '14 worlds, it is 10296ft, 10 holes over 500ft, 5 holes over 700ft. Only 6 par 3s. A few holes are wooded but most are WIDE open.

I have been watching the pros throw for 15 years and have never seen a final 9 that can equal what took place at Blue Lake in the 2014 Worlds. Wysocki and Mcbeth were unconscious.

Three years ago I started this thread to help me find the top bomber courses and I think my search is over. Sequoyah State Park in Hulbert, OK is the bomb... much elevation and 16,400 ft. from the longs and there are only two holes under 50O ft. What's crazy is that of the 18 holes 15 are all downhill bombers. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5795

Because it is a ball golf course carts are available and it costs around $18 for a round or $5 without carts. Also a plus is you throw from the ball golfers grass tees which are beautifully manicured and about the size of a driveway... that way you don't tear up your shoes. Without doubt they have become my favorite surface to launch from. Have played Sequoyah about 5 times in the last couple of years and just love it. Though one must yield to ball golfers I have never seen it busy and as a result you can cruise around on your cart and empty the bag on any of your favorite holes... I have picked up 20 or more discs on many of the holes. Moreover disc golfers are welcomed by the working staff and are treated with respect just the same as ball golfers. So if you want to work on distance or just love ripping downhill bombs this is the place for you.

PS. When it comes to bomber courses Blue Valley in KC is baby sh#t along side of Sequoyah.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BMAF6BAgPEAg&usg=AOvVaw0Lu3w8LqwYeYnK2g4KoGlk

I think The Rock at Stonewall in Germantown, NC would qualify. Same deal, DG on a ball golf course, carts are available (mando ?), and they have real baskets.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8724&mode=ci

How do those 50,000 mile baskets catch?

Good to hear they appreciate your money as much as the money from the guys in funny pants.

Don't remember the name,
island course in Quad-cities....

Three years ago I started this thread to help me find the top bomber courses and I think my search is over. Sequoyah State Park in Hulbert, OK is the bomb... much elevation and 16,400 ft. from the longs and there are only two holes under 50O ft. What's crazy is that of the 18 holes 15 are all downhill bombers. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5795

I was a little surprised to see Haikey Creek on your original list of honorable mentions. What about Redhawk? Decent selection of open shots though without lots of multi-par holes.

A couple I'm curious what you'd think of:
- Selah Creekside (maybe Lakeside too?) has some nice, long holes but not purely open.
- Harry Myers - also need some control with your distance.
- Treehouz in SW Missouri has some nice distance shots (on an old golf course) and very good elevation, but maybe a few more technical holes than you'd like.
- The Lodge Moccasin Creek might strike your fancy, also not too far from Tulsa
- Goat Hill in Oceanside, CA is one you'd definitely like, as others mentioned. Also on a golf course.

I think The Rock at Stonewall in Germantown, NC would qualify. Same deal, DG on a ball golf course, carts are available (mando ?), and they have real baskets.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8724&mode=ci

How do those 50,000 mile baskets catch?

Good to hear they appreciate your money as much as the money from the guys in funny pants.

If I could play any new course tomorrow it would be the Rock. The specs on that course look marvelous. Though 1000mi from my house it will have to be on my bucket list.

Also I thought the re-tire baskets at Sequoyah would suck but I was wrong. They have a whole different character but are great catching targets.. They just leave black marks all over your putters though.

I was a little surprised to see Haikey Creek on your original list of honorable mentions. What about Redhawk? Decent selection of open shots though without lots of multi-par holes.

A couple I'm curious what you'd think of:
- Selah Creekside (maybe Lakeside too?) has some nice, long holes but not purely open.
- Harry Myers - also need some control with your distance.
- Treehouz in SW Missouri has some nice distance shots (on an old golf course) and very good elevation, but maybe a few more technical holes than you'd like.
- The Lodge Moccasin Creek might strike your fancy, also not too far from Tulsa
- Goat Hill in Oceanside, CA is one you'd definitely like, as others mentioned. Also on a golf course.

Been to Selah and Myers but Treehouz really turns my crank. Found two other ball golf courses... Pine Hills by Lansing, MI, and Pine Valley by Little Rock, AR. that have shuffled my top five all around. That Goat Hill course looks very Interesting though.

If I could play any new course tomorrow it would be the Rock. The specs on that course look marvelous. Though 1000mi from my house it will have to be on my bucket list.

Also I thought the re-tire baskets at Sequoyah would suck but I was wrong. They have a whole different character but are great catching targets.. They just leave black marks all over your putters though.

I think the Rock is the only course I've ever played that I thought to myself, my brother has literally no chance of competing with me, just because I throw a goodly amount farther than he does. It seemed like every par 4 and up was legitimately a 2-3 max power throw hole. You have to get a cart b/c it's so hilly in places you need it, some of the cart paths felt like a sheer grade. The elevation change was the trickiest part b/c even though you had super wide fairways, the downhill was so long that you could still easily turn one over or fade too hard into the rough.