• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One day in Portland

I have played both and here is what I'd do.

Play Milo McIver and then play a round at Pier Park (its about 10 minutes from airport). You could play Pier in an hour by yourself and it is awesome. Horning's is tougher to navigate and the baskets are not my favorite.

Have fun

Pier is about 30 from the airport. (Blue Lake is much closer to PDX -- about 12 minutes.)

It is hard to play Pier that fast unless it is raining. It gets a lot of traffic, unless the rain scares everyone away.

Why have I not been taken to Singer Creek? Looks to rival the local greats like Vance and Rockwood.

I have lived in Oregon for 7 years now. This has happened to me exactly one time.

Usually, they are right there and I can go buy beers/hit the head/check DGCR while they pump my gas.

The rest of you (ok, not NJ) have been duped. Gas used to all be full serve. But you've all been tricked into taking pride in doing the work FOR the gas station owner. The gas station owner is profiting from your labors, and you all are wearing it as a badge of honor.

I can masturbate. But I prefer when someone else takes care of that for me. Same principle.

You have been had.

keep trying to be witty, you'll do it some day.

SyjLYNO.jpg

What the heck are those things?
made from tire rims, they have the sweetest clang when you miss a putt low. it's like ringing the tone poles of old... if i was a local there i would play rounds where only that sound counts.

Why have I not been taken to Singer Creek? Looks to rival the local greats like Vance and Rockwood.

Don't bother. Look at the dgcr pictures and check it off the list...

Am I completely off base, I'm even questioning myself as I type this, but, (for me) Blue Lake and Trojan may just be better than Milo?

I do like Beer/Milo/Beer/Timber/Beer/Camping combo however. That'll do

Am I completely off base, I'm even questioning myself as I type this, but, (for me) Blue Lake and Trojan may just be better than Milo?

As of today, momentum switched to that other set of courses.

My favorite pairings near PDX:
West--Hornings and Buxton
East--Milo and Timber
North--Trojan and McCormick
South--Wheatland and Keizer Rapids

And, of course, close in to Portland--Pier, Blue Lake and Dabney.

Face it, one day and a morning to explore a dg destination like Portland just isn't enough.

You are off base.

Although a case can be made for Trojan only because most people play it so very infrequently it always feels fresh.

I play Blue Lake nearly weekly. There is never a day I have said "this course is better than Milo", although it is often less crowded and is 20 minutes closer.

Let me change the question a little: Which courses are more representative of disc golf in the Portland area, Hornings/Buxton or Milo/Timber? BTW, we've eeked out some time on Sunday morning to play Pier Park before flying out.

You are off base.

Although a case can be made for Trojan only because most people play it so very infrequently it always feels fresh.

I play Blue Lake nearly weekly. There is never a day I have said "this course is better than Milo", although it is often less crowded and is 20 minutes closer.
I agree with you disagreeing with me ultimately. I just have appreciation for the water shots and lake throughout the course at Trojan. Blue lake is just championship level manicure me too and you can let em fly. But, Milo just has that magic. Period.

I'm doubling down on my stance on Vance and rock wood tho.
Let me change the question a little: Which courses are more representative of disc golf in the Portland area, Hornings/Buxton or Milo/Timber? BTW, we've eeked out some time on Sunday morning to play Pier Park before flying out.
If you catch pier in the AM during that "magic hour" it can be really special. Enjoy it.

*too bad huk lab wasn't still open in St. John's

Latest posts