• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One disc rounds

Agree

The MVP Tangent looks like its going to be a good candidate for the ultimate One round disc

I agree with this statement, I would also consider doing it with either a star or champ Leo!

Played 9 holes with an Ibex today, and I'd say this is my favorite so far. Most rounds I'll have a couple memorable shots, maybe a nice putt or approach or two; I had maybe 10 way better than average shots by my standard today: chains and out twice from 70-100 feet, a couple others that hyzered in a foot in front of or behind the basket, just straight effortless drives from the pseudo snow-tees all round, beautiful glide. After my nine holes I took it out about 150-175 feet and tried anhyzer and hyzer approaches around this big tree, and parked both of them right under the basket.

The Ibex did what I wanted it to do pretty much every shot, except the putting. I am just more and more impressed every time I throw it.

I think the grip of the X-Link really, really helps in cold snowy conditions.

A friend an I now have an on going competition with 1 disc rounds. We started with the Buzz since we both throw them as our main mid and that was ok. The real fun was round 2 where we both went utility disc. I went XXX, he went predator. Scores were worse but overall a much more fun experience, especially with our local course being a very defined fairways, everything else is woods course. Next week we're running XL's, then putters, then Max d. We'll see how my lace stacks up to his nuke.

Aviar!!!!!

The more I play Yeti Aviar-only rounds, the more I wonder why I carry 12-14 discs. They drive, they approach, and, of course, they make great putters. I'm finding, too, that they make great rollers for extra D. Fun, and great for smoothing things out.

The more I play Yeti Aviar-only rounds, the more I wonder why I carry 12-14 discs. They drive, they approach, and, of course, they make great putters. I'm finding, too, that they make great rollers for extra D. Fun, and great for smoothing things out.

And the more you use it the farther you will start throwing your other discs.

Course with a 290' average, soft judge. Course higher than 340' average, tursas or zone. Maybe buzzz

Played a one disc round with a fairly fresh Pro-D Buzzz on a sunny day in the snow, with boots, parka, etc. Shot par, trying to work on the Mike C. tips for distance.

My distance wasn't bad considering, but the Buzzz delivered great accuracy.

Will look forward to trying this again in a t shirt and shorts with proper traction.

I've always answered these threads with "Axis." Now, I have to change that to "Tangent." After playing my first one disc round yesterday, the Tangent is definitely a winner.

The main reason is that it putts so darn well.

My home course is open, and probably 360' on average.

Bender you just gave me an EPIC idea. I'm gonna do it. Wish me luck.

If that thing still turns over after a few solid tree hits, you could probably list it in the mp as a "special indestructible epic" and get an easy 35. 00 for it with the way prices have been lately :wall:

I haven't thrown my Epic since June of 2011, and I hated it back then. I'm actually looking forward to this for some sick reason. But I shudder to think how I'm gonna putt with it.

You have to think like a chucker and just hurl that thing as hard as possible into the chains, never mind the spit out thats inevitable...

The MVP Tangent looks like its going to be a good candidate for the ultimate One round disc

I'd agree if it wasn't for the Axis. It flies super straight, or any other line you put on it. It's a bit farther throwing than the Tangent. And, it makes a good putter, unlike a Leopard (IMO).