• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One disc rounds

Have to go Z Comet. I can drive, approach and putt with one so it would be the safest bet for me if it's calm out. Windy and I'm going with a buzzz

Although I couldn't putt with it for a damn, I really like the Warship.

Nebula

It's a buzzz that fights a headwind. I really like the small diameter. About 80% of my drives were with a Neb this weekend.

Since this is the most recent one disc round thread that I could find, I'll use it. Although I'm also directing this at putter only rounds, too.

I just bought a few discs this past weekend, including a 175g DX Aviar P&A and a 175g Star Aviar P&A. Both of these are discs that are already in my normal bag and I just wanted a couple more backups. I use them for drives and approaches, depending on the hole, and neither is my normal putter.

Anyway, yesterday I played my home course form the Red tees. I average 25.03 from these tees for all rounds... Big Bag, little bag, 2 and 3 disc rounds, snow rounds, etc. For comparison, in a normal round I generally use a mid off the tee for 6 of 9 holes and a putter for the other 3.

So I took 3-4 practice throws each with my two new discs to get warmed up. Then I played a DX vs. Star round, playing all 9 holes with each disc.

I ended up with just one bogey out of the 18 total holes and it turned out to be the decisive mistake. I shot a 24 with the Star and a 23 with the DX. I parked the DX on hole #9 and had an ace run with the Star for the tie but came up just short... which should never have happened when giving it a run.

Anyway, I don't really know what this means. I just thought that it was pretty interesting. Maybe I'll have to do an all Buzzz vs Stingray round to see if I can beat my putter rounds.

I'm gonna try this for my daily lunch round tomorrow. My Lucid Fugitive has a crazy amount of glide and will provide all the distance I need. Plus it holds both hyzer and anhyzer lines perfectly.

Another vote for the incredible Buzzz, prob in CryZtal plastic.

I'd use this, and play at night:
420--proholland-large.jpg

In all honesty, it would depend on the course. If it was on the bit longer side, ESP Buzzz. If it was on the shorter side, FLX Challenger.

Last edited:
Is have to go fresh tp warship. Long can hold any line for me.

Windy I'd go vector.

In a few weeks the answer could be the tangent. Fun disc getting to know it more and I think it's very versatile.

Latest posts