• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

One Plastic to Rule Them All.

I'd have to go with whatever Discraft did for their run of those white 08 Worlds FLX Drones. It has extra ESP in them, yet still has some give and stick that FLX throwers love. Not too soft in the heat, not hard in the cold. It's awesome and whoever throws these knows what I'm talking about.

DGA Proline because it has fantastic grip even when wet, good stiffness for skipping, durable enough to help discs beat in quite slowly, yet beats in a lot faster than Z which is nice considering it's the only plastic I get to use, and works well for putting. Definitely the best all around plastic!

Always been a fan of star plastic. Stays in its sweet spot for ages it seems, and grip is always there.

Medium suregrip, that dinnerplate stuff they used for wizards.

I wouldn't be throwing gateway discs though. Just using the plastic. It would probably be fine for everything even up to speed 12.

The old yellow-green CE plastic they put in CE Rocs and Aviars and Teebirds (TLs) and Eagles (ELs). Durable, grippy, easy to find and just plain gorgeous.

so torn. if only DX existed i'd be totally fine since i like buying new discs a lot, and I buy backups for premium too. also love them for putting.

however - STAR is what i would go with. i fan grip everything including distance drives and have great control and feel on the fingertips. a stiff star putter would be just fine.

I think Pinnacle would get the call, just over Icon, mostly because of its more seethrough-ness, which makes it better for those darker evenings where LED lights are pretty much mandatory. I had LEDs on some Icons last fall, yes, they shine through, but you need to get pretty close, whereas the Pinnacles I picked up earlier this week are almost Opto/Vip in terms of seethrough, LEDs will shine a mile (now if I could only throw 1/10 of a mile). Current Pinnacle lineup from Legacy is a bit limited, but assuming that for the purposes of this thread, you would have all the discs available in said plastic.

Real answer? DX. Its an all-around plastic. Everything in my bag could be made of dx plastic and I'd be just fine with it.

But my favorite plastic for everything except a putter is Lat 64 recycled. Great grip, even wet, and moderately durable, which means it still beats in. And pretty.

So there.

I dont have much experience in different plastics for anything other than Innova, so Id have to say Star. Flys very similar to DX but beats in slower.

I want my drivers in something star-like. Probably my favourite is Latitude G-Line.

But I would not be able to putt with g-line for my life.

So i have to settle for Innova Pro plastic which is a nice compromise.

Either RDG Fossil Fuel or Prodigy 750. I'd like to support the "craft" company more, but I don't know how I'd like drivers in Fossil Fuel... Meh. Screw it. RDG FF. Prices are good enough to cycle them easily. Done.