• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] OOP Innova "Pro Line" Candy Plastic

Craton

Double Eagle Member
Hey guys,

I guess I'm not really sure about what the hype is about this. I have a OOP Pro Line Firebird/Monster that I've been asking for some trade offers on, and realized that a lot of people are offering a lot for them. Here's my question to you: Why are they worth so much? And it's not like they are mint condition, and the guys wanting them are getting them to add to their bag.

So can you guys let me know why the old candy style pro line plastic firebird or monster is so much better than the champion that we see on our shelves today?

Thanks!

Craton

Plastic is bulletproof, lasting for years without significant change in flight characteristics. Feel is the best Innova has ever produced. CE-like grip with a little extra softness. Best plastic ever, IMHO.

Either you LOVE them, or you can trade them for a few discs you want to throw. Personlly, i dont see the point in keeping a disc that is worth that much money, or throwing it. Id trade it if someone offers you a few discs you want. 3 discs you throw is better than 1 sitting on a shelf in ur basement

Either you LOVE them, or you can trade them for a few discs you want to throw. Personlly, i dont see the point in keeping a disc that is worth that much money, or throwing it. Id trade it if someone offers you a few discs you want. 3 discs you throw is better than 1 sitting on a shelf in ur basement

who says people let it sit on the shelf? ;)

i throw all my plastic. plastic is meant to be thrown. i am aware that people do collect but to me,thats not my thing. i throw all my ce still and other oop discs. im just lucky enough to have a stack of what i like and thats that.

Firebird/Monster ?

It confuses me with 2 names. I bought a Beast/Mako and thought someone just made mistake.
please tell this ignoramous what the 2 names mean, is it a combo of the 2 molds?

If you could PM it to me also that would help because I am not sure I will remember that I commented in this thread.

Firebird/Monster ?

It confuses me with 2 names. I bought a Beast/Mako and thought someone just made mistake.
please tell this ignoramous what the 2 names mean, is it a combo of the 2 molds?

:doh: He has a candy fb and a candy monster.

Im still looking for my 11X KC pro cheetah that is across the street. My son has aced twice with it and it is one of his favorite discs. The plastic is far superior to anything out now. The clostest thing to it now would maybe some of the star plastic with a high champ content.

Ill be receiving approx. 7 to 10 candy beasts brand new from the 2005 Worlds biggest disc golf weekend all at 170 weight and really nice purple/blueish pearl candy color!!!

Plastic is bulletproof, lasting for years without significant change in flight characteristics. Feel is the best Innova has ever produced. CE-like grip with a little extra softness. Best plastic ever, IMHO.

Okay so I have a question then, not targeting you specifically then. Why did they discontinue it then? I've heard CE was axed because of QC problems, but what about Pro line?

I think it has to do with the quality of plastic they (Innova) get from their suppliers; which can be hit or miss. Don't quote me on it; but I think, during this period they received a very nice batch; which they were not likely to get again.

Yeah, the manufacturers don't really have any say as to which plastic they do get. They aren't a major purchaser of plastic, so they sort of get what they get. I'm thinking it was a higher grade plastic for a certain price back then, and it fit what they were wanting. Then the price stays the same but the quality of plastics changed as the years went on. The plastic is amazing, CE, the CE blends at the end and the KC-pro stuff, then the Proline stuff that followed soon after are all almost bombproof and have the best feel. But, especially then they didn't have much of a control as to what plastics they were getting from the company. They select sort of baseline for each plastic type, polyurethane or whatever, and the company sends them something. I'm sure they work a little closer now with the companies to make it closer to what they're wanting. But, why they never go back to what they were making, "CE" is because they really don't know what it was or how to make it I'm sure. To them, *Them meaning the plastic distributors not so much the manufacturers* Champion Edition is the same as Champion now. It's just a polyurethane, they aren't worried so much about how it affects the product. But, the manufacturers can't really have a specialty plastic that meets or exceeds a certain quality control. Plastics continue to change.

Last edited:

Latest posts