• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Opinions on distance

You would certainly know more, Brad, as I know you follow golf closer than I do. My comments were based solely on my perception.

black udder said:
You would certainly know more, Brad, as I know you follow golf closer than I do. My comments were based solely on my perception.

Tiger is just better.

Nothing else to know. I would rank his driving close to last on the "why this is true" list.

Look at a Cale Leviska. I do not see him as a big gun at all. Not even close. He is "upper rec" level of distance. He just hits the shots and makes the putts.

correct, just as someone who's 6'6" and equally athletic as someone who is 6'0" will be able to throw farther if their mechanics are equally good.

Cale was in the Discraft distance clinic. Looked like he got his close to the 500 ft mark. He took a more line drive at it than the rest too, I kind of wondered if that's within his golf distance hah.

Seanzerelli said:
Cale was in the Discraft distance clinic. Looked like he got his close to the 500 ft mark. He took a more line drive at it than the rest too, I kind of wondered if that's within his golf distance hah.

Looked more like 425' to me...

I agree that Cale's shots looked more like his normal drives, not something that he bust out for throwing max D. Some of those other huge anhyzers looked like they were just for max D and wouldn't be applicable too often. Cale's drives could have been used on many more holes.

I thought he was somewhere in the 450' range. Not the longest, but I'd sure take that distance :)

I think as far as the Tiger analogy goes, Climo would be the obvious choice (that is if Climo is not throwing as long as he used to). That would make him similar to Tiger in that they aren't the longest, but are dominant in their respective sports. The problem with Climo's success is that more and more longer courses are coming into play and, it may have been Chuck Kennedy who said that Climo is having a harder time hanging with the young guns on the longer courses because he's having to give up some distance to them.

I've thrown around 330' for about a year now, for a while maybe 350 360 and then back down to 300 for the winter, it's been really hard to accept the idea that I may not ever reach that long distance, it's so hard not to try and throw harder. The fact that I'm 5' 5" and not in the best shape doesn't help, I'm still trying to find out what will up my distance.

Yeah, I 'm in the same boat. Been throwing 3 years, and I picked up about 25-30 feet recently but it's inconsistent. Threw field today and in 2hrs, I got 3 shots over 350 with my SL's. Mostly around 325 with SLs and TLs. The thing that bothers me most was that I had a headwind one way and a tailwind the other, perhaps 15mph and it didn't make any difference except for a hyzer release into the wind.

Bradley Walker said:
black udder said:

Tiger is just better.

Nothing else to know. I would rank his driving close to last on the "why this is true" list.

Look at a Cale Leviska. I do not see him as a big gun at all. Not even close. He is "upper rec" level of distance. He just hits the shots and makes the putts.

Cale throws low turned over Preds low and lets the stability create a tight S. Oh and he can throw pretty dang far.

Just wondering, is that high and left annheiser shot the best way to get max distance, or could it be better to throw a straight shot with a big flip and slight S towards the end. Just thinking about the shortest distance between two points rule.

Seanzerelli said:
Just wondering, is that high and left annheiser shot the best way to get max distance, or could it be better to throw a straight shot with a big flip and slight S towards the end. Just thinking about the shortest distance between two points rule.

It depends on the hole. Open field the big anny is longer and uphill it is longer for the most part but the tight S works just as well if you throw it right.

Seanzerelli said:

I have been experimenting with it. Just annies and hyzers using the Wraith and Destroyer. I can get about the same distance on both (480 ft) a little easier with the annies but there is also more room for error. I'm hoping to be able to break the 500ft barrier this year. On the hole I'm practicing on I can't try the straight shot due to trees right in front of the pad.

jeremy said:
Seanzerelli said:

I have been experimenting with it. Just annies and hyzers using the Wraith and Destroyer. I can get about the same distance on both (480 ft) a little easier with the annies but there is also more room for error. I'm hoping to be able to break the 500ft barrier this year. On the hole I'm practicing on I can't try the straight shot due to trees right in front of the pad.

Gotta learn angles........hyzer/anny nose up and down all at once and make it fly on the best line.

scoot_er said:
jeremy said:
Seanzerelli said:

Gotta learn angles........hyzer/anny nose up and down all at once and make it fly on the best line.

How do you do that Scooter? hyzer/anny?

scoot_er said:
jeremy said:
Seanzerelli said:

Oh and I'm calling you out on the 480'. 8)