• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] OS Compliment to the Pure

Another great approach disc is the suspect. It is a tweener disc so may be faster than your looking for, but my Fuzion Suspect has seasoned into a great Stable (not fully overstable) disc that I can trust. Great for flicks and tunnel shots. I just bought a Lucid not long ago and it is considerably more overstable so it didn't make the bag for now.

Beef-wise, just lookin for a 2ish fade. I have a buzzz OS if I really need a meathook, but I want a putter with a little bite for any windy putts and some get out of jail touch shots. Maybe the occasional short tee shot if the hole requires some left finish.

Jawbreaker Zone isn't toooo beefy, but still OS. It tends to just stick the landing too rather than roll away. Though I also carry an Envy for less stability also. And based on your description above here, it sounds like you want- or will need - two discs because Zone isn't something I'd put with but still has the utility "out of trouble" or fade that you are looking for...

FWIW, I love my putter setup Proxy (formerly Pure, similar), Envy, Jawbreaker Zone

Zone has that flat top feel and beedless and won't be hard to get used to in going between it and Pure. Though based on Jokeri recommendations, I'm sure that would be fine too.

Your desire to have shallow without a bead makes it easy. Zone. I have an Envy but have never jived with it forehand due to the bead. The Zone might be more overstable than you want, but it's a lot like the Pure in that it's a putter but really faster than one. Also, it's available in a lot of plastics, so you might like Jawbreaker or even X soft if you don't want super premium plastic.

Ad for the Pure, I doubt Opto or Gold will give you the added stability you're looking for. But everyone could use an Opto Pure...

Just to be different, how about a tank? I don't know how well it compliments a pure being near glideless and all.

I really wanted to say ringer but apparently you hate beads despite a beaded disc being perfect for what you want.

I run the Zero medium pures for putting. Gold line pure for straight to turn over driving. I use an Aviar 3 for straight with slight fade driving. For more wind and more fade I run a slammer. I think the slammers are the closest thing to the old ProLine rhyno's I've found. I know most people won't bag 4 putters but that's what works for me.

After trying them all my vote is for the Essential discs Honey. Stiff, flat, no bead and overstable. There is a lot of room between a pure and a Honey, might add a Harp in there.

Zone or Harp are those slightly faster putter discs with lower profile that work well . Easy to find, etc etc

Otherwise I would say Try an Axiom Envy - Its not super OS but more so than a pure. And its one of the best throwing putters ever

Right now I am going with an Envy and Jokeri in these slots.

Your desire to have shallow without a bead makes it easy. Zone. I have an Envy but have never jived with it forehand due to the bead. The Zone might be more overstable than you want, but it's a lot like the Pure in that it's a putter but really faster than one. Also, it's available in a lot of plastics, so you might like Jawbreaker or even X soft if you don't want super premium plastic.

Ad for the Pure, I doubt Opto or Gold will give you the added stability you're looking for. But everyone could use an Opto Pure...

Agree. I tend to use Envy for BH and Jokeri for FH approaches.

I assume Proxy is to Atom as Envy is to Particle? I just hope they can make a SLOW overstable (really OS) Putter disc and a mid

Here is the whole gambit with the Gold Line Pure being the lynch pin holding it all together:

Champion Polecat - for short approaches and loft putts
Gold Line Pure - Dead straight approaches or short drives, basically everything from 100-220 feet.
Fuzion/DecoDye Warden - For driving when I need more beef than the Pure can handle
Fluid Warden - For shorter drives but on Warden lines, and for stabbing, shorter putts
Premium Jokerii - For all those overstable shots where I do not need to drive with my Mortar

I know it looks like a lot of putters, but aside for my Verdict, my mids are basically in the bag for specialized shots. Here in Minnesota, most wooded holes are of the 280-320 variety, often meaning that you can get most of the fairway off the drive. Open field shots are generally 350-450, and I can get 360 out of fairways and 390-400 out of distance drivers. As long as I do not do something stupid off the tee, I often find that my second shot is going to be with a putter. The overlap or cause for second guessing is with my two Wardens. I want to like the Fuzion/DecoDye simply because I have more of them and they have better glide than the Fluid, but I have better grip, and therefore more consistent releases, with the Fluid.

The Gold Line Pure has been the one putter that has been in my bag since it came out. I am trying to settle into a permanent line-up, but it is also easy to get distracted when something new comes out. I always build around the Pure, and in the last few months, the above line-up really seems to cover everything without putting me in a position of second-guessing.

Latest posts