• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Overstable Compliment to Warden

bcr32

Par Member
I'm looking for an overstable putter mold to compliment my wardens. Something that will hold a hyzer when thrown with power. Also feeling like wardens, with a relatively flat top and a straight wing/lower rim would be much preferred. For reference my putters right now are:
2x Prime Wardens: Putts
Classic Blend Warden: hyzerflips to straight, forced turnovers
Fuzion Warden: Main throwing putter, slightly more stable than blend warden.
Bt Soft Swan 1 Reborn: Touchy turnovers, tricky woods standstills

Also, I don't have any brand preferences, but am looking for a mold that is readily available in base and premium. I'm throwing these on most holes around 290-300 and under as a reference, but that all depends on the hole anyways. Thanks in advance for the help! :)

The Marshal feels very similar to the Warden, is nicely overstable and available in baseline and premium plastics. The Shield is just a touch shallower and depending on the plastic can be quite overstable.

If you like throwing your putters FH, then the Harp is a solid overstable workhorse. Flat top, but completely different wing and depth than the Warden...

Well I like scales and Wizards. You described an Envy, it's like a Harp. DX Rhyno or P3X MAY also fit the bill.

The Marshal feels very similar to the Warden, is nicely overstable and available in baseline and premium plastics. The Shield is just a touch shallower and depending on the plastic can be quite overstable.

If you like throwing your putters FH, then the Harp is a solid overstable workhorse. Flat top, but completely different wing and depth than the Warden...

Looking for something more overstable than Marshal, but not quite harp overstable. Seems like there's not really a perfect fit. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Looking for something more overstable than Marshal, but not quite harp overstable. Seems like there's not really a perfect fit. Thanks for the suggestions though!

You're welcome!

Fuzion Wardens are my neutral to US throwing putter of choice. I tried the aforementioned Marshal, Shield and Harp for the OS complement but didn't really click with any of them. Settled on the Suspect because it acts like an OS putter with a fan grip and a slower OS midrange with power. With a flat top and shallow grip also works well for FH throws. Might be worth a look...

Unfortunately it may be the case that there is no "perfect" fit. The Marshal is not all that overstable.

So if the Harp is TOO overstable, then I might recommend the Infinite Discs TOMB. Nice disc, though more shallow than the Warden.

If Harps are the feel you want but are just too overstable, have you considered picking up a Harp in Origio plastic and just chucking it into a few trees? Shouldn't stay too overstable for long. And if you end up liking the beat-in Harp but want one just a tad more durable, pick one up in BT Hard. Trilogy has a bunch of base plastic choices that are cheap and have great feel.

Last edited:
You're welcome!

Fuzion Wardens are my neutral to US throwing putter of choice. I tried the aforementioned Marshal, Shield and Harp for the OS complement but didn't really click with any of them. Settled on the Suspect because it acts like an OS putter with a fan grip and a slower OS midrange with power. With a flat top and shallow grip also works well for FH throws. Might be worth a look...

Thanks a ton for the help. I throw a lot of similar discs to you, so I may end up clicking with the suspect! I'll check one out soon.

Unfortunately it may be the case that there is no "perfect" fit. The Marshal is not all that overstable.

So if the Harp is TOO overstable, then I might recommend the Infinite Discs TOMB. Nice disc, though more shallow than the Warden.

Yeah, it might be too shallow for me then, but I'll try to feel one if I see someone throwing one at league:thmbup:

How overstable is a fresh pa1? Scales are great, but looking for something beadless. I did try shields, and didn't quite click with them- similarly to Envy/Marshal

Oh. Most overstable putters will have beads... the shields bead is bigger and much deeper than an envy. They were too stable for what I wanted when I tried one out. The pa1 also has a bead, it's not insanely os but the most over that they make. How far are you trying to pump these out, power down an os mid? Have you tried a Slammer, those are very os, deep and flat topped. Your probably going to have to compromise on something

Well, let's see, similar shape to the Warden, OS enough to set itself apart, but not Harp OS. I would say:

AviarX3 or find a champion variant of an Aviar3

Challenger SS, although I've never thrown one, is a challenger without the bead apparently. Actually I'd say try holding all the challengers as to me it would seem that their bead is inoffensive.

Mercy?

I would also suggest Shield although you didn't click - can I ask, what plastic did you try? My TP I found much more lively, glidey, and fun to throw than my classic.

I also wish there was a more OS variant of the Envy. They need to come out with something Zone/Harp OS or retool the particle to be that.

Do you intend to throw this thing FH - is that why you want no bead? Preferences can change, and what you're describing is basically the flight of an old school driving putter, which fly like they do because of the bead.

Well, let's see, similar shape to the Warden, OS enough to set itself apart, but not Harp OS. I would say:

AviarX3 or find a champion variant of an Aviar3

Challenger SS, although I've never thrown one, is a challenger without the bead apparently. Actually I'd say try holding all the challengers as to me it would seem that their bead is inoffensive.

Mercy?

I would also suggest Shield although you didn't click - can I ask, what plastic did you try? My TP I found much more lively, glidey, and fun to throw than my classic.

I also wish there was a more OS variant of the Envy. They need to come out with something Zone/Harp OS or retool the particle to be that.

Do you intend to throw this thing FH - is that why you want no bead? Preferences can change, and what you're describing is basically the flight of an old school driving putter, which fly like they do because of the bead.

Yeah looking for something that I can throw forehand comfortably, so anything more than a microbead kind of gets in the way. I was thinking that someone would recommend that aviarx3, and that is probably a good bet, from what I remember they feel pretty similar to wardens. I do agree that MVP's first priority should be putting out a true os putter, with the particle or envy core, since those two are so similar. Shield I did throw in bt hard, but I have a tournament lying around so I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestions, and sorry for the block of text.

Latest posts