• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

My distaste for PP doesn't have much to do with what she says. She literally broke the rules in round 4, and it saved her at least a stroke. Her losing at the end was just karma. Plus she's had some pretty childish outbursts after events (off camera).

I play a sanctioned league regularly and we have a triple Mando that's about 100 feet shorter than this one and it is still VERY difficult to see if you make it in if the shot is close. I heard that the Utah sun out there was blinding as well.

I don't see her as a cheater at all. Spotter called her in, rest of card couldn't make decision (as I mentioned above it's difficult) benefit goes to player.

The solution is to not have triple Mando holes at Worlds.

I would guess that it's for the same reason people don't like the Patriots. People like to root for the underdog, and Paige Pierce by virtue of being the best female player we have ever seen is never the underdog. So you can realize and respect that she's that good, then hope somebody beats her.

Anyone wanna give the Cliff's notes on what happened today?

She's on the extreme end of the individualistic side of the spectrum. Those people are always going to rub some people the wrong way.

Not all individualistic people become hyper successful in their respectful careers, but almost all hyper successful people are individualistic.

I'm looking forward to it. No doubt how it handles the rollercoaster ride that 2021 World's was, will be interesting to say the least. Will wait to see it before passing judgement.

:popcorn:

I'm watching, 100%. Have you seen the crap that passes as TV nowadays? This documentary could be done haphazardly and it would still be better than 90% of the nonsense on Netflix.

If the documentary is truly what she has said, the drama of this years worlds is perfect. Sure she didn't win, but she's said it's the story of disc golf or something like that.

I agree, I think a tournament where she grinds and could have/should have won, but didn't makes a more compelling story than a tourney where she wins by 10 strokes. Paige might disagree. :D

I'm sensing a "Chains" type scenario.

Delay it until next year, raise another $75,000 and then document the road to the 2022 Worlds (maybe rinse/repeat then).
What a great initial trailer... With Rage Against the Machine?

I agree, I think a tournament where she grinds and could have/should have won, but didn't makes a more compelling story than a tourney where she wins by 10 strokes. Paige might disagree. :D
I know what you mean but still gotta say... Ain't no "should have" about it. The way she ended all three of those rounds was terrible.

She made a really good post on Instagram. . .

And it looks like she will have a new test flight disc out today. . .guess that SHOULD have been the 6X disc but is now just a "test flight"

I don't see her as a cheater at all. Spotter called her in, rest of card couldn't make decision (as I mentioned above it's difficult) benefit goes to player.

Was there a spotter? I don't recall seeing one on either the live or the post-produced footage, and none of the commentators mentioned a spotter calling it in.

Can't wait for the long social media post calling for banning babies at events. Probably something Brodie will get behind too.

I mean, it was hot as balls. There is no way a baby should have been at the tournament. Not saying blaming the baby is a good excuse for a bad shot, but i can completely get behind not allowing babies.

As a parent, i have accepted that i have to give up some of the things i want to do because it is not appropriate to take my kid there. So banning kids is what i am advocating. People do not pay to go to a nice restaurant, go to the movies, etc with the expectation of having your kid ruin the night. Be an adult and don't do the selfish thing.

Can't wait for the long social media post calling for banning babies at events. Probably something Brodie will get behind too.

They said during the live coverage that the spectators cheered pretty loudly after Paige had a putt splash out. They mentioned she seemed pretty irked by their reaction and it seemed to further rattle her mental state.

I mean, it was hot as balls. There is no way a baby should have been at the tournament. Not saying blaming the baby is a good excuse for a bad shot, but i can completely get behind not allowing babies.

As a parent, i have accepted that i have to give up some of the things i want to do because it is not appropriate to take my kid there. So banning kids is what i am advocating. People do not pay to go to a nice restaurant, go to the movies, etc with the expectation of having your kid ruin the night. Be an adult and don't do the selfish thing.

Lol....says you and a couple other dozen parents in this country.

I think that any kind of documentary on her Worlds this year has the potential to be exponentially more compelling than if she had won.

Was there a spotter? I don't recall seeing one on either the live or the post-produced footage, and none of the commentators mentioned a spotter calling it in.

Yep, check out the Central Coast post produced stuff Ian mentioned that there was a spotter out there that called her in.

Spotter or not, the onus is on the card to help make rule decisions, thems the rules. Hopefully this is the last triple Mando at Worlds ever.

The only way to do a triple Mando right is what they do at USDGC where the barriers are like 10 feet thick and even a blind person can make the call.

I agree that she didn't cheat, but benefit of the doubt rule is NOT "card can't make a call." Benefit of the doubt is a tiebreaking vote.

Right, and nobody on the card called her out. Like I mentioned previously, anyone who plays holes that have these types of triple mandos that are basically a thin pole will tell you it's damn near impossible to make a call if the disc is really close unless you're literally standing right next to the mando, nonetheless standing 270 feet away on an angle in blinding Utah sun.

Dogs, birds, tree branches, spectators, cars make noises. Players that can't focus will do badly under pressure.