• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Paige Pierce #29190

Yep, check out the Central Coast post produced stuff Ian mentioned that there was a spotter out there that called her in.

When? https://youtu.be/rDPbaE3qjrk?t=55

During hole 10, he doesn't bring it up. The only thing he says is that the crowd said it was in. He mentions "rumors" but there is no visible spotter in either the live nor the post footage.

Last edited:
So banning kids is what i am advocating. People do not pay to go to a nice restaurant, go to the movies, etc with the expectation of having your kid ruin the night. Be an adult and don't do the selfish thing.

Be an adult and don't allow a kid to ruin your time by simply being there. :popcorn: In all seriousness, kids running around and smearing jelly on your suit jacket is not cool, but if a kid is simply being "loud" as in you can hear them, just let it go. Kids are way cooler than adults, I feel sad for people annoyed by their presence.

So why does everyone hate on Paige? She always seemed cool to me, but I don't go on social media. What kind of things has she said/done to deserve the hate?

Dogs, birds, tree branches, spectators, cars make noises. Players that can't focus will do badly under pressure.

Go rewatch that circus of a playoff between Ricky and Paul at Worlds 2014. There was over 1000 people out there running about everywhere making noise and moving around, it was chaos. Didn't stop the Champ, you gotta have ice in your veins.

My bad, my memory tells me spotter, looks like it was fan.

Okay. I was going to say, it is one thing if a card cannot visibly make a call. It is quite another if a spotter is there and is making a questionable call that the card disagrees with.

If there had been a spotter, I don't think Paige would have turned to everyone inquisitively, looking for feedback. Sure, spotters can get things wrong and they are more often than not not officials, but having someone in a tournament capacity say it was in and the card doesn't overturn the call is a much, much different situation that would put this in a much more favorable light for Paige.

I certainly don't think Paige intended to cheat - if that was her intent, I don't think she'd turn back to her card asking for feedback, I think she'd just play it off as though the shot was made unless someone questioned it.

They said during the live coverage that the spectators cheered pretty loudly after Paige had a putt splash out. They mentioned she seemed pretty irked by their reaction and it seemed to further rattle her mental state.

That isn't quite what happened. It was a hole with a mix of sun and shade so it was difficult to see if the putt went in or not. The putt hit chains and splashed out. A few people in the crowd began to cheer thinking that she made the putt. Paige said "that wasn't good" … but not in an angry way. Val misinterpreted her reaction in the commentary. Terry later explained what had happened further into the broadcast but it was again misinterpreted by Val.

Paige was obviously frustrated by missing the putt but I didn't sense that she was frustrated with the spectators.

Dogs, birds, tree branches, spectators, cars make noises. Players that can't focus will do badly under pressure.

I completely agree with this.

But i still think that people should be considerate of not just the athletes but other spectators, and that means not bringing a damn baby into a situation where they are uncomfortable, have no place, and could potentially annoy other people. Anyone with a baby knows good and well the baby will cry or scream at some point. So to choose to ignore that fact is just as bad as screaming yourself at random times. It is one thing on a flight where a baby screams. That sucks, but it is just life. Not the parent's fault. But to bring them somewhere most people would expect adults to be quiet is the height of selfishness. If you were not willing to make the sacrifices it takes to become a parent, give your kid up for adoption to someone who is. You are going to raise your kid to be a piece of crap like you and perpetuate the cycle.

Does anyone honestly think these players are actively trying to cheat with so many eyes and cameras focused on them? I don't see it that way.

I think the vast majority of players want to win the the right way. They all show such respect for the sport, and with few exceptions, for each other, not to mention those who came before them.

No doubt in my mind that if Paige really thought he shot missed the mando, she'd have said so.

I completely agree with this.

But i still think that people should be considerate of not just the athletes but other spectators, and that means not bringing a damn baby into a situation where they are uncomfortable, have no place, and could potentially annoy other people. Anyone with a baby knows good and well the baby will cry or scream at some point. So to choose to ignore that fact is just as bad as screaming yourself at random times. It is one thing on a flight where a baby screams. That sucks, but it is just life. Not the parent's fault. But to bring them somewhere most people would expect adults to be quiet is the height of selfishness. If you were not willing to make the sacrifices it takes to become a parent, give your kid up for adoption to someone who is. You are going to raise your kid to be a piece of crap like you and perpetuate the cycle.

Nope. Going to have 10 kids and get them tickets to disc golf tourneys with my WIC card.

Be an adult and don't allow a kid to ruin your time by simply being there. :popcorn: In all seriousness, kids running around and smearing jelly on your suit jacket is not cool, but if a kid is simply being "loud" as in you can hear them, just let it go. Kids are way cooler than adults, I feel sad for people annoyed by their presence.

Kids never annoy me. Crappy, entitled parents on the other hand.

Nope. Going to have 10 kids and get them tickets to disc golf tourneys with my WIC card.

You sir are the devil. ;)

Don't get me wrong, i am not saying you have to be rich to have kids. But you should be willing to do what it takes to do right by your kids. Anyway, i will say no more as i have really taken this thread off topic.

Last edited:
Interesting to me, some people complain about a baby being there beause "they aren't supposed to do that," but no mention of a guy taking off his shirt and running around and other spectators coming beyond the barrier and going on the course before Paul can make his play.

If you think one is wrong and one is OK, Which is "right-er"?

Interesting to me, some people complain about a baby being there beause "they aren't supposed to do that," but no mention of a guy taking off his shirt and running around and other spectators coming beyond the barrier and going on the course before Paul can make his play.

If you think one is wrong and one is OK, Which is "right-er"?

Not the same thing.

That parent chose their wants over everyone else and what is best for an infant.

Infants cannot regulate body temperature the same as older people. Having that baby there in the heat could be harmful to its health.

PS: I wouldn't do either one. But charging the field has happened in all sports. It might wrong, but pretty much impossible to prevent.

Last edited:
I have been FAR FAR more annoyed by adults in my life than babies or older kids. In all types of situations and for all types of reasons. As I recall, there were loud bursts of applause from the 18th green (as the chase card was finishing up) which could clearly be heard on the 18th tee as McBeth was throwing. He didn't launch one in the pond...

They said during the live coverage that the spectators cheered pretty loudly after Paige had a putt splash out. They mentioned she seemed pretty irked by their reaction and it seemed to further rattle her mental state.

Can't wait for Paige to appear on a podcast calling out the PDGA and then having everyone parrot it on social media.

"Why isn't the PDGA doing more to silence babies and spectators?"

This is why she needs to lean into the "Nature Girl". When fans boo her or cheer when she fails/screws up, let that be the motivation to step on the competition's neck.

BlaringBraveIcefish-size_restricted.gif

I've always thought some WWF type trash talk during player interviews would be awesome.

Could totally see Nikko getting in on that.

Go rewatch that circus of a playoff between Ricky and Paul at Worlds 2014. There was over 1000 people out there running about everywhere making noise and moving around, it was chaos. Didn't stop the Champ, you gotta have ice in your veins.

Sure, but when it's absolute chaos and a constant level of movement/noise that's one thing. This seemed different, even on the live feed you could hear, the place got dead quiet/silent and then all of a sudden mid back swing, baby noise. I don't believe most of the pro's have trouble tuning out movement/noise, it's the abrupt change in noise level or movement that would startle pretty much anyone. Kinda makes the case for wearing headphones a bit more appealing.

My 1.5 year old is obsessed with disc golf, will walk most of an 18 hole course with me carrying a disc and throwing it around. But I wouldn't bring him to a world championship, because babies are unpredictable. If he makes some loud noise or does some other totally normal baby thing during a casual round, who cares, but when it's during a world championship? Sorry, my selfish desire to see that event live doesn't outweigh that it's an inappropriate setting for a small child.

so is this thread just going to turn into a huge PP apologist thing? You all are seriously blaming a baby for messing up her shot? How about throw a better approach on 17 and not hit first available? Where was the baby on that shot that she duffed? Maybe try to not go bogey/double bogey when your opponent goes par/par to finish out a championship.

The biggest external factor was that Cat was about to push her to a playoff and she obviously didn't handle it very well.

Last edited: