• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

But it will be intresting to see if Paul sticks with the Big-Z Luna or if he just wanted to test it. . i did not see him throw a Aviar that often in the Innova years. . only at the end he tested the Glow Aviar for throwing. . i kind of thougth he did not like to throw his putting putter mould.

I throw the NOVA vs LUNA today just for fun and the LUNA goes FAR . . .Paul really need to throw the LUNA VERY soft compared to how he used to throw the NOVA

But it will be intresting to see if Paul sticks with the Big-Z Luna or if he just wanted to test it. . i did not see him throw a Aviar that often in the Innova years. . only at the end he tested the Glow Aviar for throwing. . i kind of thougth he did not like to throw his putting putter mould.

I throw the NOVA vs LUNA today just for fun and the LUNA goes FAR . . .Paul really need to throw the LUNA VERY soft compared to how he used to throw the NOVA

Considering when the Luna was originally launched, he was most excited about throwing it, he will will probably keep the big z Luna in his bag. It just so happened that the Luna worked well as a putting putter for him as well. I putted with Luna's for a while but I do better with the slightly softer jawbreaker plastic and the higher glide of the roach mold. I still love to drive and use the Luna for upshots though. Picked up 6 of these big Z ones. 4 of them being a gorgeous pearl white with purple shatter stamps

Do you feel like the Big-Z Luna flies and feels like the "normal" Luna?

How many Big-Z did they have..nice that you could get six of them

Do you feel like the Big-Z Luna flies and feels like the "normal" Luna?

How many Big-Z did they have..nice that you could get six of them

They weren't limited in the sense that you could only get them at the players party. Discraft looks like they made a fairly large limited run, so any vendors who wanted to purchase them at ledgestone, could then sell them at their shop at ledgestone. So far i have seen about 6 different vendors on the Discraft All day page, selling them for about 25$ shipped, which with shipping increasing recently isn't much more than retail honestly. I expected these to be 20$ just as the protos and first runs are

I haven't gotten mine yet, they are being shipped to me, but like i said, I think they will feel and fly like a brand new luna, but more importantly they will maintain their stability a lot longer than a proto or first run

i did not see him throw a Aviar that often in the Innova years. . only at the end he tested the Glow Aviar for throwing. . i kind of thougth he did not like to throw his putting putter mould.

The McPro Aviar, McBeth's putting putter, was the Aviar P&A in the McPro plastic (there's some discussion that the earlier ones (2x and 3x) were the Classic vs. the P&A, but I digress). The Nova, which Paul liked a lot, is the Aviar P&A with the overmold.

The problem for him was that he could never find an overstable throwing putter that he liked. They made the Aviar3, which was not OS enough, then the AviarX3 and the Rat. McBeth also tried the Champion Aviar P&A as a thrower and (as you said above) the Glow. He never was happy with them, like Wysocki was happy with the Harp.

He never was satisfied until he switched companies and began throwing the Zone, and throwing it most very effectively. Now he's apparently liking the Luna as a throwing disc, and he's been throwing it as effectively as he threw the Nova. Whether it's just a Roach renamed or a different disc, Time will tell if he remains happy with it.

The McPro Aviar, McBeth's putting putter, was the Aviar P&A in the McPro plastic (there's some discussion that the earlier ones (2x and 3x) were the Classic vs. the P&A, but I digress). The Nova, which Paul liked a lot, is the Aviar P&A with the overmold.

The problem for him was that he could never find an overstable throwing putter that he liked. They made the Aviar3, which was not OS enough, then the AviarX3 and the Rat. McBeth also tried the Champion Aviar P&A as a thrower and (as you said above) the Glow. He never was happy with them, like Wysocki was happy with the Harp.

He never was satisfied until he switched companies and began throwing the Zone, and throwing it most very effectively. Now he's apparently liking the Luna as a throwing disc, and he's been throwing it as effectively as he threw the Nova. Whether it's just a Roach renamed or a different disc, Time will tell if he remains happy with it.

Definitely not a renamed roach, I bag both the roach and Luna and while they may seem similarly they are two different discs. Paul went through some pretty extensive testing on his very first disc which was the Luna. It's designed entirely by him and produced by discraft so I doubt he will grow tired of it. It's basically tailored specifically towards him but a lot of players on team discraft and a lot of players in general are loving it as well, myself included

Definitely not a renamed roach, I bag both the roach and Luna and while they may seem similarly they are two different discs. Paul went through some pretty extensive testing on his very first disc which was the Luna. It's designed entirely by him and produced by discraft so I doubt he will grow tired of it. It's basically tailored specifically towards him but a lot of players on team discraft and a lot of players in general are loving it as well, myself included

So how does a Big Z Luna differ from a Big Z Roach flight-wise? I tried a proto Luna and didn't see much difference, except for the plastic.

I agree with you on most of that. But the very first disc, putter anyway, was the "Paul McBeth Prototype". Great disc: stiff, pebbly texture that I liked, felt good in the hand, and it flew really really well for me, very straight to the chains.

Then they changed the plastic on it, saying they couldn't reproduce the original plastic blend. And those subsequent versions became the Luna. When I heard they changed it, I held back on getting more (they're really expensive), and then reports came out that the plastic blend had changed, the feel had changed, and that the discs with the "Luna" name are more overstable than that original Paul McBeth Prototype.

What I don't know, because I've never held a Roach in my grubby paws, is how close that original McBeth prototype was/is to a Roach in feel or flight.

Well Paul really need to get these disc perfect for him. .it would not look good for him IF he did not throw them
Many pros do not throw there own sig. Disc...that looks bad...but IF Paul dont throw his own line of discs..that would look worse

So the Luna in Big-Z needs to be perfect to Paul for it to go into full production

Have anyone heard anything from the discraft people on site at Ledgestone about a production run?

Luna

Have anyone heard anything from the discraft people on site at Ledgestone about a production run?

No idea I'm in KY...got mine shipped in. It says limited edition on the disc...but no way would they only make a small amount...too much $$$& to be made. Also it's Mcbeths signature disc. Don't pay $40...

Paul have made two really bad shots with the Big-Z Luna so far in R2. . so maybe he folds that Luna in half and goes back to the drawingboard ;)

It's already been confirmed so far it's a limited run. I doubt we would hear anything about a production run for a while

Got my pair of big Z Luna's...they hit a home run...great stability and glide. I would give it a 3.4.0.2. The two I got r flat like the proto run.

Makes me super excited to get my stack. Hoping for a couple flats but also wouldn't mind one or two with a bit of dome, what colors did you get?

When Paul throw his Big-Z LUNA hard it still looks quite OS. . at one time Paul throw the LUNA and GG the Aviar X3 on the same line and the flights looked similar

When Paul throw his Big-Z LUNA hard it still looks quite OS. . at one time Paul throw the LUNA and GG the Aviar X3 on the same line and the flights looked similar

Keep in mind, gg has a bit more raw power than Paul does. I don't believe Paul could throw a x3 as well as he does the big z Luna