• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

just from watching him throw it the Big Z Luna looks pretty darn stable but workable, nice actually. I didn't think I'd want one but.....I mean, McB is slaying it so....hahah I can, right?

just from watching him throw it the Big Z Luna looks pretty darn stable but workable, nice actually. I didn't think I'd want one but.....I mean, McB is slaying it so....hahah I can, right?

I'm interested in it as a slightly more stable Roach for throwing. Not terribly interested in an expensive, hard to replace limited run though.

I can't even comprehend how far he throws that Luna. It's insane.

I would not be surprised that if Paul had a Roach for his putter and throwing putter then he would be over throwing, even if they came out with a more limited signature run in the Rubber blend or a Jawbreaker blend for him, even if a Z Roach as a Ledgestone run for Paul was available he would overthrow the disc. This is simply due to the more glide that the Roach has then the Luna, where as the Luna do to having a flat top is faster then a Roach and has a tad less glide.

Paul Did have 3 Luna Jawbreaker Blend, one in a different color for driving from the other for driving but he did not seem to like the Jawbreaker Blend for driving and used his Zone instead. But since getting the Luna in Z he has obviously liked the disc for driving. Of course Paul is on purpose maybe due to sponsor Wanting him to, having to use one of the Z New Luna or his New 9 speed disc, the Anax where he would like use another disc for the same shot on that one water hole he reached with the Z Luna and then in round two used the Anax.

Last edited:
I'm interested in it as a slightly more stable Roach for throwing. Not terribly interested in an expensive, hard to replace limited run though.

I agree too, when the Legestone Z Magent came out I was tempted as I did like the old limited Tournament only Z Magnet in the past. However it was limited, easier to get but harder to get more of though sellers even on E-bay. So I did not get one and stuck with the Pro D at the time.

I agree too, when the Legestone Z Magent came out I was tempted as I did like the old limited Tournament only Z Magnet in the past. However it was limited, easier to get but harder to get more of though sellers even on E-bay. So I did not get one and stuck with the Pro D at the time.

Ledgestone hasn't done Z Magnets. They've done CT. I would ask you check your facts before posting but you obviously don't and have ignored various other posters asking you to do so.

Ledgestone hasn't done Z Magnets. They've done CT. I would ask you check your facts before posting but you obviously don't and have ignored various other posters asking you to do so.

Well I make mistakes I am sorry. But on those other threads on one I gave up trying to explain my position on one page. I know a limited run was done for Z , Well Z color glow, almost the same thing as far as stability for the Magnet in the last 4 years at one point and they sold out within a month as when I though about getting one only the lowest weight was available.

Sorry I though they said Legstone on them in small writing.

They did the sparkle Z before as a tournament disc that one could only get as a tournament disc in the 2000's, Would have said Limited Tour Series next to the plastic type. Most discs for putters at events that used Discraft discs preferred to give out in the putter section was Challengers in my area for a disc to take home that or some new putter from Discraft like the Zone when it came out.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised that if Paul had a Roach for his putter and throwing putter then he would be over throwing, even if they came out with a more limited signature run in the Rubber blend or a Jawbreaker blend for him, even if a Z Roach as a Ledgestone run for Paul was available he would overthrow the disc. This is simply due to the more glide that the Roach has then the Luna, where as the Luna do to having a flat top is faster then a Roach and has a tad less glide.

Paul Did have 3 Luna Jawbreaker Blend, one in a different color for driving from the other for driving but he did not seem to like the Jawbreaker Blend for driving and used his Zone instead. But since getting the Luna in Z he has obviously liked the disc for driving. Of course Paul is on purpose maybe due to sponsor Wanting him to, having to use one of the Z New Luna or his New 9 speed disc, the Anax where he would like use another disc for the same shot on that one water hole he reached with the Z Luna and then in round two used the Anax.

I don't think so, If he took the big z roach and the big z luna on another putter only round, i think he will find himself out driving the roach on longer distance shots because the luna has that touch of extra stability. The only reason Paul threw his luna on that hole at ledgestone was most likely because of the fairly strong tailwind and slight downhill shot. It's probably a much more workable zone for him in the sense he can throw that disc more like a mid and really trust its stability, but the dang thing also has some impressive glide. I have a feeling hes really going to be leaning on this disc at Worlds this year and I can't wait to see him throw it more. More importantly I can't wait to throw the ones i ordered

I don't think so, If he took the Big Z roach and the Big Z luna on another putter only round, i think he will find himself out driving the roach on longer distance shots because the luna has that touch of extra stability. The only reason Paul threw his luna on that hole at ledgestone was most likely because of the fairly strong tailwind and slight downhill shot. It's probably a much more workable zone for him in the sense he can throw that disc more like a mid and really trust its stability, but the dang thing also has some impressive glide. I have a feeling hes really going to be leaning on this disc at Worlds this year and I can't wait to see him throw it more. More importantly I can't wait to throw the ones i ordered

Not Necessarily, the Roach and Luna have almost the same Stability From the Footage I see of people throwing both so close that I do not see that being a really big difference.

Paul would more then likely used the throw style not grip but throw style he used with the Nova for his drives with the Roach as side by side the Roach is the closest disc fight wise to the Nova from Footage and seeing those two disc being thrown. The glide on Roach in closest plastic being Jawbreaker to the XT on the Nova, the Roach would carry more the way a XT Nova does just not have that stopping grip that the XT Nova has.

It would be a tough call as to which disc would fly further.

Ok so here are my thoughts after my test round with the big z Luna in my bag. One, it flies just like a base line Luna with just a tick more overstability. Same great glide and same nice finish. That said like the regular Luna, in a say 15 mph headwind this thing will turn on a flat release, it is stable, but I definitely wouldn't call it overstable. Someone was comparing to an aviar x3 and that is not a good comparison. Even a sky god p2 I believe has more stability than this disc. It's extremely workable and great for longer upshots, shorter drives, I even gave them a few flicks, very straight disc. Definitely don't be afraid to give this one some power though, it is the definition of a stable disc and can handle that power quite well as Paul demonstrated. Definitely staying in the bag

So, Paul threw his Big Z Luna on hole #10, in the first round, to a 450' pin.
And he parked it.
Buy it.
Just buy it.
U2 can throw 400+ with a putter.
It's easy.
Buy it now.

How long is it going to be before you can buy a Big Z Luna for the same price as other discs in Big Z?

Pretty sure you can buy a Big Z Luna for the same price as a regular production Big Z disc, right now. It's just going to have a silly cartoon Roach on it:

Attachments

• Roach or Luna.jpg
    Roach or Luna.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Luna or Roach.jpg
    Luna or Roach.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 283
Pretty sure you can buy a Big Z Luna for the same price as a regular production Big Z disc, right now. It's just going to have a silly cartoon Roach on it:

I have some big z luna on the way right now and I was going to do this same comparison. Is the luna just a rebranded roach?

I have some big z luna on the way right now and I was going to do this same comparison. Is the luna just a rebranded roach?

I can't tell the difference. I felt like the First Run and Proto molded up slimmer, but if it's a Roach bottom and Chally top, I can't tell. Feels like a Roach to me.

Just threw the Big Z Luna against the Big Z Roach on break. Pretty close. Maybe the Luna was a touch more OS. My only example has a slight dome though. Not sure if that is consistent throughout this limited release.

Geeze, am I the only one who wants one of these that didn't get one?

I worked pretty hard to get a couple of them. Unfortunately I don't think they fly a lot different than the Roach. I was kind of hoping they would be a little more overstable. Last few rounds I was bagging one for straight shots in the 300' and closer range. It isn't a magic disc. I like them, but I am going to be selling my second one.

I worked pretty hard to get a couple of them. Unfortunately I don't think they fly a lot different than the Roach. I was kind of hoping they would be a little more overstable. Last few rounds I was bagging one for straight shots in the 300' and closer range. It isn't a magic disc. I like them, but I am going to be selling my second one.

Hmmm, not looking for a magic putter, just a more OS Roach. Maybe missing the boat on these is a good thing.

The Paul McBeth magic pixie dust is sold seperately. You have not gotten any to sprinkle on your disc yet it appears. An added 150 feet of distance, along with more stabiltiy, is guaranteed when applied liberally.