• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

Rec Rob says in his Big-Z Luna review that it will not be out until 2020 :(

Yeah someone from discraft said if they do another run it won't be until next year. We still don't even know if that's a stock run or a limited one either

Odd, the Big-Z Luna must be the Discraft disc that is in highest demand at the moment

Rec Rob says in his Big-Z Luna review that it will not be out until 2020 :(

Yeah someone from discraft said if they do another run it won't be until next year. We still don't even know if that's a stock run or a limited one either

Odd, the Big-Z Luna must be the Discraft disc that is in highest demand at the moment

I have to wonder if Discraft was caught off-guard by the tremendous popularity of these McBeth discs, especially the Luna; or if they just have bad business acumen. Teasing us with the Z Luna and then not having any for months?

I can understand if they are past their point of capacity in making these discs. I am less understanding if they're not rearranging some schedules to get some Luna's produced and make some money selling them. Just sayin', is all... :\

Could be due to not rearranging production schedules, could be that there is a shortage/outage of plastic they use in the blend, etc. Wonder if it has anything to do with the recent lack of Wasps on the market or other plastic run shortages

Would be interesting to compare Discraft discgolf sales in 2018 vs 2019.

Do they even have staff and Machines to keep up with the demand?

I have to wonder if Discraft was caught off-guard by the tremendous popularity of these McBeth discs, especially the Luna; or if they just have bad business acumen. Teasing us with the Z Luna and then not having any for months?

I can understand if they are past their point of capacity in making these discs. I am less understanding if they're not rearranging some schedules to get some Luna's produced and make some money selling them. Just sayin', is all... :\

I think discraft just takes real pride in the quality of the discs they put out, the don't want to ramp up their production or take too much on if they can't maintain their consistency. The first run tour series buzzz, force, zone and undertaker sold extremely well and that was 4 molds all at once that stuck around a while so they are definitely capable of keeping up and they definitely predicted the popularity of the disc. They knew from the get go they were doing a limited run, it was pretty clearly stated up front for the big z Lunas. It was always planned to be limited and was only made at the request of Paul. Not every disc can go into mass production.

I think discraft just takes real pride in the quality of the discs they put out, the don't want to ramp up their production or take too much on if they can't maintain their consistency.

It was always planned to be limited and was only made at the request of Paul. Not every disc can go into mass production.

I'll spot you the first part of that. But that last part... my goodness, they're paying Paul McBeth a lot of money (and that's fine), but they're not going to mass produce the molds with his name on them, the ones that people are clamoring for?!?!?! :confused:

They need to re-think that. :popcorn:

I think that the Big-Z LUNA would be in the top 5 in sales for Discraft, so to NOT make them dont really make any sense

I'll spot you the first part of that. But that last part... my goodness, they're paying Paul McBeth a lot of money (and that's fine), but they're not going to mass produce the molds with his name on them, the ones that people are clamoring for?!?!?! :confused:

They need to re-think that. :popcorn:

We have a plan.

With the new molds releasing we plan to have them in their staple plastic for 2019. We may make limited runs such as the Big Z Luna for a special occasion such as the Ledgestone Open but for now that's all. If we make the Big Z Luna or other combinations as a mass produced disc I can assure you it won't just look like stock stamp with LE on it.

Maybe it´s best you dont put those limited runs in your bag or throw them on video Paul ;) People get "mad" at Discraft when they can´t buy the discs or have to pay +50$ on ebay for them

Smashboxx talked about the new "limited run to create a hype" thing . . i really dont like it

The point of having Pros on your team must be to sell discs. . so to have them throw discs people can´t buy. . i really don´t get that

Maybe it´s best you dont put those limited runs in your bag or throw them on video Paul ;) People get "mad" at Discraft when they can´t buy the discs or have to pay +50$ on ebay for them

Smashboxx talked about the new "limited run to create a hype" thing . . i really dont like it

The point of having Pros on your team must be to sell discs. . so to have them throw discs people can´t buy. . i really don´t get that

Yeh. We should prolly tell Sexton to stop bagging his old tour series firebirds since they cost 200$+

Man. This forum is getting dumb

Call me dumb if you want. . .but if i had a disc company and payed a pro lots of money to throw my disc. . i would like him to throw discs people could buy

. . i mean, IF Paul would have thrown a Big-Z ROACH for all those nice shots the last couple of weeks instead of the Big-Z LUNA, then Discraft would have sold a TON of ROACHes. . now he throw a LUNA no one can buy. . good business?

I really don´t see how my view here makes me "dumb"

. . i mean, IF Paul would have thrown a Big-Z ROACH for all those nice shots the last couple of weeks instead of the Big-Z LUNA, then Discraft would have sold a TON of ROACHes. . now he throw a LUNA no one can buy. . good business?

I really don´t see how my view here makes me "dumb"

You should probably just get over it already, bruh.

Yes I could, but would be fun to get a real answer...not just " you are Dumb, just get over it"

We may make limited runs such as the Big Z Luna for a special occasion such as the Ledgestone Open but for now that's all.

I'd say the man himself gave you a real answer, you should probably just get over it already. I'd like to get one myself, maybe next year.

OK, i will drop it. . .but i still think any Business should "make them while they´re hot, not when they´re not"