• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

I thought the Luna was ok but I liked the roach better in just about every way and I have gone back to the P2 because I think it is a better mold than either of them. The Luna just didn't ever feel right in my hands. I feel like it is a little bit too shallow and it was extremely slippery and I like stiff putters. It had a texture to it but I had so many slips putting or throwing it. I think damn near any decent putter mold flies the same in the circle but on edge of the circle putts and longer it took more to get it there compared to a roach. Driving with it was ok too. It went pretty straight with a mild fade. Being flat and shallow it went pretty quick for a putter but didn't glide like what you see in a normal putter flight. I personally enjoyed the roach once again more than the Luna for driving because of the extra glide. You can just perform more shots especially the touchy ones with a disc with more glide to it. I'm glad some of you found your dream putter but I think it is a slightly faster, little more shallow, little less glide, roach. Overall, meh.

I thought the Luna was ok but I liked the roach better in just about every way and I have gone back to the P2 because I think it is a better mold than either of them. The Luna just didn't ever feel right in my hands. I feel like it is a little bit too shallow and it was extremely slippery and I like stiff putters. It had a texture to it but I had so many slips putting or throwing it. I think damn near any decent putter mold flies the same in the circle but on edge of the circle putts and longer it took more to get it there compared to a roach. Driving with it was ok too. It went pretty straight with a mild fade. Being flat and shallow it went pretty quick for a putter but didn't glide like what you see in a normal putter flight. I personally enjoyed the roach once again more than the Luna for driving because of the extra glide. You can just perform more shots especially the touchy ones with a disc with more glide to it. I'm glad some of you found your dream putter but I think it is a slightly faster, little more shallow, little less glide, roach. Overall, meh.

Spot on. I would be interested in a premium Luna as a thrower.

Luna is plenty stiff. Unless you're comparing it to KC/McPro/CT, all of which are much slicker though. My D and JB Roaches are tackier, but still, the Luna didn't slip on me once. I like Aviars...dislike P2s.

Luna is plenty stiff. Unless you're comparing it to KC/McPro/CT, all of which are much slicker though. My D and JB Roaches are tackier, but still, the Luna didn't slip on me once..

I haven't had any slippage problems with my McBeth prototype putter through two full rounds of putting with it. But I would say the Luna is not as firm as Classic/ZeroHard/BTHard, at least mine is not. Not as firm as a Supersoft Wizard, either...

Sigh, I think I can finally putt away my Hard Jesper Pures. Height is .2 cm higher, but rim depth is the same. Excited to throw this!
Pure
Diameter: 21.2 cm
Maximum weight: 176.0 gram
Height: 1.8 cm
Rim depth: 1.4 cm
Inside rim diameter: 19.2 cm
Rim thickness: 1.0 cm
Rim depth/ Diameter ratio: 6.6 %
Rim configuration ratio: 48.25
Flexibility rating: 6.69

Luna
Diameter: 21.1 cm
Height: 2.0 cm
Rim Depth: 1.4 cm
Rim Width: 1.1 cm
Max Weight: 175.00 g

Sigh, I think I can finally putt away my Hard Jesper Pures. Height is .2 cm higher, but rim depth is the same. Excited to throw this!
Pure
Diameter: 21.2 cm
Maximum weight: 176.0 gram
Height: 1.8 cm
Rim depth: 1.4 cm
Inside rim diameter: 19.2 cm
Rim thickness: 1.0 cm
Rim depth/ Diameter ratio: 6.6 %
Rim configuration ratio: 48.25
Flexibility rating: 6.69

Luna
Diameter: 21.1 cm
Height: 2.0 cm
Rim Depth: 1.4 cm
Rim Width: 1.1 cm
Max Weight: 175.00 g

Huh, you really that sold without even trying one? Watching videos of people throwing the Luna, it looks significantly more stable than a baseline Pure. I guess maybe you could work a Luna in for a while to cover the same lines eventually, but I wouldn't away put your worked in Pures just yet...

Huh, you really that sold without even trying one? Watching videos of people throwing the Luna, it looks significantly more stable than a baseline Pure. I guess maybe you could work a Luna in for a while to cover the same lines eventually, but I wouldn't away put your worked in Pures just yet...

No, I am not jumping the boat, just excited about getting OOP discs out of my bag. Admittedly, I would like a tic more stability. I would get a 170 to compliment the 175; jump putts and such...

It's really more about feel in the hand. I used to putt with XDs, so I like the low profile for my release.

No, I am not jumping the boat, just excited about getting OOP discs out of my bag. Admittedly, I would like a tic more stability. I would get a 170 to compliment the 175; jump putts and such...

It's really more about feel in the hand. I used to putt with XDs, so I like the low profile for my release.

Ill probably never putt with these. But i am so excited to throw them. The videos look great and the mold feels sooooo good. Also interested to see how the plastic blend holds up

Get a Roach to accompany the Luna. Other than plastic, they feel nearly identical since they share a bottom. The Roach is super straight with touch, or will flip up and turn with some power. They make a good pair.

Get a Roach to accompany the Luna. Other than plastic, they feel nearly identical since they share a bottom. The Roach is super straight with touch, or will flip up and turn with some power. They make a good pair.

For those longer putts I do like the extra glide associated with the lighter weight.

I gave the Luna another try today am going to put it away. Just not clicking with it. It's a bit too thin for me to get confident releases with my fan grip & the plastic feels odd. Moving on.....

Not only that, jawbreaker is a good plastic compliment to the luna. I did this exact thing and when it gets cold out, the roach comes out as the putter. I also use it for up shots while the Luna's is my main putting putter and drive off the tee putter

Putting the Luna away. Going back to my pro d challengers. I've played 6 rounds with it with a lot of putting and it just doesn't hit with me. It's not the disc obviously, it feels good, goes dead straight and has a lot of glide, just not what I was looking for in a putter. I noticed a lot of strong side spit outs that I usually don't have with my challengers.

Putting the Luna away. Going back to my pro d challengers. I've played 6 rounds with it with a lot of putting and it just doesn't hit with me. It's not the disc obviously, it feels good, goes dead straight and has a lot of glide, just not what I was looking for in a putter. I noticed a lot of strong side spit outs that I usually don't have with my challengers.

I got a lot of spit-outs too. I think the Luna will be more successful as a thrower in premium plastics.

Can anyone compare the flight of these to a proxy?

Proxy is going to be less stable. You can flip a proxy and get it to turn. On a hyzer angle the Luna will hold that angle. Small hyzer will get you a hyper flip but no turn just a dead straight flight

Proxy is going to be less stable. You can flip a proxy and get it to turn. On a hyzer angle the Luna will hold that angle. Small hyzer will get you a hyper flip but no turn just a dead straight flight

How far are you throwing your putters?
I find my proxy doesn't really flip, I think this soft neutron is more stable than the average proxy. I doubt I'm throwing it on anything more than 250'?

How far are you throwing your putters?
I find my proxy doesn't really flip, I think this soft neutron is more stable than the average proxy. I doubt I'm throwing it on anything more than 250'?

yeah i can get it out to max 300 typically, 250 though. its been a while since i have thrown a proxy though, maybe the one i threw was seasoned. i honestly can't remember

Latest posts