• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

Update. Took the McBeth prototype (pebbly feel, good grip) to the course today. Good grief! that disc putts straight. I was saving pars from over 20 ft. out, often at circle's edge or longer, all day. The feel of the disc was great in the hand, it flew extremely well with my spin putt (despite being non-beaded) and seemed so 'just right'.

Maybe that's a 'honeymoon' round with it. I sure hope so. These things are too darned expensive to buy a bunch of them (at least not all at once). I might try buying one more later on (when they become more readily available), and see if it is like the first one I have.

Update. Took the McBeth prototype (pebbly feel, good grip) to the course today. Good grief! that disc putts straight. I was saving pars from over 20 ft. out, often at circle's edge or longer, all day. The feel of the disc was great in the hand, it flew extremely well with my spin putt (despite being non-beaded) and seemed so 'just right'.

Maybe that's a 'honeymoon' round with it. I sure hope so. These things are too darned expensive to buy a bunch of them (at least not all at once). I might try buying one more later on (when they become more readily available), and see if it is like the first one I have.

Had the exact same experience. The Luna is everything I want in a putter, shallow, super rounded, convex, and firm. Just lazers for putting and upshots. Not a huge fan as a driving putter but I don't throw a lot of putters off the tee so that's a not a huge concern to me. I'm sticking with them for the time being. I hate that I like this thing so much. They better not retool and mess with it. Don't want to have to buy a stack of photos to last forever.

Had the exact same experience. The Luna is everything I want in a putter, shallow, super rounded, convex, and firm. Just lazers for putting and upshots. Not a huge fan as a driving putter but I don't throw a lot of putters off the tee so that's a not a huge concern to me. I'm sticking with them for the time being. I hate that I like this thing so much. They better not retool and mess with it. Don't want to have to buy a stack of photos to last forever.

Supposedly they won't tweak the mold i believe, but the plastic they want a smidge softer, not as much rubber in the blend. At least thats what i have heard

Supposedly they won't tweak the mold i believe, but the plastic they want a smidge softer, not as much rubber in the blend. At least thats what i have heard

Hopefully they release it in X soft for the people who don't like stiff plastic. I'll definitely try one out.

If this is the stock stamp it´s not very "fun"

lunafirstrun.jpg

I'm really anxious to get my hands on one of these, but it's gonna have to feel really good to knock the Hard Zero Dagger out of my bag.

Did they tweak it? A 3 fade is not the number I would use to describe the fade on my proto. Maybe like a 0.5 fade. I really hope they didn't make these massively overstable. It took the Nova spot in my bag, and I won't be buying a bunch of proto discs. They already have the Ringer GT anyways. Oh well.

The proto had 0.0 and the Luna is marked with 1.0 . .thats a big difference 3, 3, 0, 3 sounds strange

Did they tweak it? A 3 fade is not the number I would use to describe the fade on my proto. Maybe like a 0.5 fade. I really hope they didn't make these massively overstable. It took the Nova spot in my bag, and I won't be buying a bunch of proto discs. They already have the Ringer GT anyways. Oh well.

Paul said in the "fondation Discgolf" video that the Luna was a little tweaked . . but no more info

EDIT from my answer above. . he said more later in the video.
"the mold is not tweaked but the plastic"

EDIT from my answer above. . he said more later in the video.
"the mold is not tweaked but the plastic"

I hope so. In the word(s) of Charles Barkley, that proto blend is 'turrible'.

From https://www.discraft.com/paul-mcbeth-luna-putter-mcbethluna
Discraft said:
You may have noticed the flight numbers on the Luna have been updated. This is to better reflect the true flight of Luna, the disc mold has not changed.

They didn't tweak the mold, but maybe the plastic tweaks changed the stability. When I compared my proto Luna with the Envy I found the Luna has the same flight with slightly more glide. Luna at 3|4|0|2 compared with 3|3|0|2 for Envy made sense.

I find some of DC's new flight #'s to be really off. 5|3|0|2 is not how Wasps fly. 5|5|0|2 is accurate.

Gotta pay McBeth lol :gross:

I guess they'll have to rely on someone besides me to pay him. I already have enough Buzzzsss and Zones and even several Undertakers (first run Z). I don't throw Forces or Destroyers and likely won't even test a Kong.

Discraft is trying to set a lousy precedent with this mid grade plastic pricing and I hope it backfires. Innova tour series pro plastic is high enough for mid grade plastic. And yes, sight unseen I'll say the new Luna blend will be mid grade, no matter how they want to spin it.