• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

Felt up a new Luna yesterday. First impression is the plastic is exactly what I'd like for putting and a mid cycle, firm and grippy. Gonna retail for $18.99 per dude at the shop.

As much as I hate the price escalation, I'd buy some Roaches in this plastic at that price.

Just ordered one for the collection. Does it still have that Rubber Blend grit?

Threw a first run today and what I can say about the flight vs a proto is the first run definitely does not have the glide as the proto and the first run is also more speed sensitive then then the proto. We will shee how it does over the course of the season

Threw a first run today and what I can say about the flight vs a proto is the first run definitely does not have the glide as the proto and the first run is also more speed sensitive then then the proto. We will shee how it does over the course of the season

what do you mean, speed sensitive? PLEASE elaborate.

It's still a 1.0 stability ratinig which would put it right in line with their straight stable putters like the challenger and focus. I find that discraft is much more spot on with those numbers (ie the Kong is a 1.9, which is pretty close to the 2.0 force, which fits the flight about perfectly)

Just picked up a couple and have another 2 coming...I'll do some work this week and see what I can come up with
For ya.

Do they feel the same as the proto? in the hand (I know the blend is a lil different) and is it still firm? and flight same as proto? Im going nuts haha I do have some arriving in the mail today though - ill test as soon as I can :)

I gone one this morning, but it's not the crazy tough jawbreaker plastic. Guess that means I will be buying another when they come out in that plastic.

Do they feel the same as the proto? in the hand (I know the blend is a lil different) and is it still firm? and flight same as proto? Im going nuts haha I do have some arriving in the mail today though - ill test as soon as I can :)

Yea, very stiff. A good deal of OS. I'd say like a challyOS. Not very much glide but to me that's still the same as the proto.

So I got them in. Yeah they feel like they have a little higher shoulder - little taller in general , the end comes to a point more-so than the proto - and they putted as if they had less glide and more dump. Basically its different enough to make me unhappy haha. The Proto feel in the hand was FAR better. The material feels more durable as well. This first run material reminds me a lot of a Gateway plastic or Trilogy Hard baseline ---- almost feels more like a McPro with Gateway plastic ---- which isn't a bad thing its just different than what I was expecting. Kinda bummed. I putted with them and they were fine. I'm sure I will adjust and as it wears it may feel and fly better.....but.....the proto felt and flew great immediately so. idk. Its still a nice putter and I'm gonna give it a go this spring but......really wish they just duplicated the Proto --- ah well. time will tell

So I got them in. Yeah they feel like they have a little higher shoulder - little taller in general , the end comes to a point more-so than the proto - and they putted as if they had less glide and more dump. Basically its different enough to make me unhappy haha. The Proto feel in the hand was FAR better. The material feels more durable as well. This first run material reminds me a lot of a Gateway plastic or Trilogy Hard baseline ---- almost feels more like a McPro with Gateway plastic ---- which isn't a bad thing its just different than what I was expecting. Kinda bummed. I putted with them and they were fine. I'm sure I will adjust and as it wears it may feel and fly better.....but.....the proto felt and flew great immediately so. idk. Its still a nice putter and I'm gonna give it a go this spring but......really wish they just duplicated the Proto --- ah well. time will tell

Thanks for the update. I was afraid they wouldn't be like the Protos, and my fears are being confirmed. :( :mad: Oh well, I had a very good day putting with the Marshal today, so I'll stick to those...

Latest posts