• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul Mcbeth Luna review

Just got this new run of Luna. It feels much better than the proto plastic. The proto plastic is like a Frankenstein mix of McPro, gravel & crayon. Just awful. This new blend feels just like a firm version of Jawbreaker. Huge improvement & it looks a lot better than the first runs. It's got a nice consistent color across the disc without those blemish splashes of odd colors you get from the proto/first-runs & Jawbreaker.

I'm looking to use this as my approach & really long putt option. My Jawbreaker Roach is too good for putting & it grabs the chains so well. I think they'll pair well.

I really want to get my hands on these new Lunas since I saw how flexible they are

So the Stock run of LUNAs is softer than the Proto and First run? . . interesting if that is the case, the First runs were hard but still softer than the McPro Aviar. . .i wonder why Paul wanted the Luna to be softer

So the Stock run of LUNAs is softer than the Proto and First run? . . interesting if that is the case, the First runs were hard but still softer than the McPro Aviar. . .i wonder why Paul wanted the Luna to be softer

My proto & stock run feel really similar in stiffness.

I think he is referring to the big z luna. The regular/fr luna are stiff.

That yellow Big-z Luna Paul is throwing looks to be more beat in and straight now. .i wonder how many he has

I got some Protos, I snagged some first runs (the original first run--they later made more labeled first run but they came out softer, now the current stock run of 'baseline' Lunas has a much softer feel than any of the earlier ones I've used. I REALLY like it though (going to be WAY better in colder weather) Its very similar to Prodigy 300 for tackiness and firmness. In between trilogy medium and hard putters - not as flexy as medium (but close) - seem to stick chains better but I did notice it wasn't as OS as any of the others, this newer run of softer lunas is like 3/3/0/0 (calling it a fade of 3 is just a lie) - as weather is approaching the cooler months in the fall I'm glad to see that the Luna now has a couple firmess to choose from and now Big Z as a thrower and hopefully a Z Glow for the fall :) to make a more OS version, all around the Luna has been good for me.

Does anyone believe the Luna is a key reason why Paul won the worlds?

Nah, he'd have thrown a Nova on some of the shots and beat in Roc3's on others. Putting is putting and all in your head and technique. Having a disc you trust in your hand can help with the mental part though.

However, he clearly likes the Luna a lot as this is the most I've ever seen him throw a putter compared to reaching for mids in so many situations. So clearly he has a ton of confidence in the disc.

McBeth is the reason McBeth won.

I think the move in it self had a big part in his win, the move made him practise a new bag in the of season . . . he really had to put the hours in to learn the new discs.. . that helps

And just "something new" may have given him a "fresh start" . . . but i thing he could have changed to any brand and still win.

His putter was not that hot in the start of the year. . it´s not the LUNA that has gotten better, it´s Paul

Luna types

Can anyone compare/contrast the different Luna runs...I have a few promos and the big Z..I'm curious about how the first runs and current stock runs feel and fly. Thanks

But could he win with Franklin?

Not sure. There is a limit to the its the archer not the arrow argument obviously. It'd be a safe bet though that he'd beat 99% of the DGer's in the world with that brand. I do know that he'd still beat me like a drum with a stack of paper plates. Of course if you've seen me play you'd know that's not saying much lol

Can anyone compare/contrast the different Luna runs...I have a few promos and the big Z..I'm curious about how the first runs and current stock runs feel and fly. Thanks

just look up a few posts --- but basically : Proto: lil bumpy hard rubbery feel - fly straight with slight fade, First Run: Harder and Slicker, slightly different hand-feel, Overall same flight-maybe tiny more fade, but not much - Current Run: Softer, smooth, grippier than any of the others, flies straighter, less fade.

I have used all 3 versions so that's my take

I have not used a Big Z - but I hope they make more in other plastics to be a more Stable/OS thrower. :D

Just got an email from Sun King discs and they have the Big Z Luna in stock for......$50.

Hard pass