• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul's New Fairway (Anax)

Picked up a proto to do a video with and it's a pretty interesting flight to me. I was throwing it hard and flat and getting a solid BH 370+ out of it, probably could have gotten more but was in an odd space.

It flew like it wanted to start fading the whole time, but stayed going straight even with some hyzer angle starting to happen. When it did fade it was sudden and vertical.

This is an interesting one. Not even quite sure of what disc in my collection to compare it to for the vid.

Picked up a proto to do a video with and it's a pretty interesting flight to me. I was throwing it hard and flat and getting a solid BH 370+ out of it, probably could have gotten more but was in an odd space.

It flew like it wanted to start fading the whole time, but stayed going straight even with some hyzer angle starting to happen. When it did fade it was sudden and vertical.

This is an interesting one. Not even quite sure of what disc in my collection to compare it to for the vid.

If you have a Krait in your collection, the flight you're describing sounds very much like a Krait... very straight, then 'suddenly' dumps to the ground.

Can anyone compare the rim width on one of these to a thunderbird? Are we talking a true speed 10 here with a 2.0cm rim width, or like a Vulture speed 10?

If you have a Krait in your collection, the flight you're describing sounds very much like a Krait... very straight, then 'suddenly' dumps to the ground.

I've never had a Krait, I'll look around...

This description reminds me of some of the old red Player's Cup Z Trackers. They had that straight flight and completely bizarre fade.

Can anyone compare the rim width on one of these to a thunderbird? Are we talking a true speed 10 here with a 2.0cm rim width, or like a Vulture speed 10?

I'm a disc nerd and When I compared the two the Anax appears to have a wider diameter than both the Thunderbird and Vulture (I didn't measure just eyeballed) The Rim itself is pointier on the Anax but not any wider, it almost feels like a smaller more aerodynamic rim with a somewhat wide diameter and a slight dome. I really think the flight #'s are accurate on the Anax. 10/6/0/3 - I felt it was a touch faster than a Thunderbird and Vulture. In ESP that 0/3 turns into -0.5/2.5 fairly quick but still an OS disc. Comfort wise of the 3, I think the thunderbird FEELS the best in the hand. They are all very similar. Anax fades a little sharper at the end but overall they are all very close. Id say the vulture is the least OS of the 3...at least when new (except the Big Z Vulture those were like Luster Thunderbirds....very similar)

I'm a disc nerd and When I compared the two the Anax appears to have a wider diameter than both the Thunderbird and Vulture (I didn't measure just eyeballed) The Rim itself is pointier on the Anax but not any wider, it almost feels like a smaller more aerodynamic rim with a somewhat wide diameter and a slight dome. I really think the flight #'s are accurate on the Anax. 10/6/0/3 - I felt it was a touch faster than a Thunderbird and Vulture. In ESP that 0/3 turns into -0.5/2.5 fairly quick but still an OS disc. Comfort wise of the 3, I think the thunderbird FEELS the best in the hand. They are all very similar. Anax fades a little sharper at the end but overall they are all very close. Id say the vulture is the least OS of the 3...at least when new (except the Big Z Vulture those were like Luster Thunderbirds....very similar)

Reminds me of an odd disc nerd moment I had the other day. I was in a pro shop on wheels at a tourney central, and had the opportunity to closely squint at and compare a thunderbird to a vulture to an avenger. I used to bag an avenger as a FH workhorse but dropped them after they went OOP - I always thought they had a true 2.0cm rim width, or at least specifically a little wider than the thundie and firebird, etc.

As it turns out, not the case. Slightly larger diameter, exact same rim width.

I guess someone who knows better than me decided that 1.9cm is a better sweet spot for a control driver than 2.0cm.

You know what it throws like? The TC Elasto Sampo, That is what it reminds me most of.

This description reminds me of some of the old red Player's Cup Z Trackers. They had that straight flight and completely bizarre fade.

This is interesting, especially considering McBeth was throwing old Trackers at the beginning of the season.

So is this just an Old Mold Pred/Tsunami?

No, it's not quite old mold/Tsunami. It's little more domey and the rim isn't as sharp. They may have tweaked the mold though. I've thrown plenty of Tsunamis and this doesn't fly the same. Less hard fade and more forward fade. Definitely longer than the Tsunami too, comparing fresh to fresh.

Also curious if any other plastics have been announced. Loving it and kind of hoping for a slightly more stable version in either Elite Z or CryZtal to bump out the criminals once and for all.

The Swirl on the new ESP Anax - Paul McBeth 1060 Tour Series looks to be insane. . me like :)

Yes. Discraft is so far ahead of Innova on the swirly plastic its rediculous. Im shocked Innova still comes out with that garbage unfindable swirls they do.