• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul's New Fairway (Anax)

It's seems that all the AM Nats players that got them are too busy selling them on Discraft all day Facebook group for $$$.

But, I have read from some Sponsored players that got them and actually tried them they are an OS Vulture or seasoned Predator.

^I thought the vulture is a seasoned predator...

Kinda in that raptor area too.

Seems like a narrow window to fill.

Last edited:
Well, an Undertaker is basically a TL. And in his "building the bag" series he seemed like he wasn't the biggest fan of the Vulture being slightly larger diameter. I kinda thought he'd be all over the Raptor, since the Predator is also slightly larger diameter and not as close to a Firebird as the Raptor is. Since he has so many years' experience with the Teebird/TB3 and Thunderbird/Firebird, my initial guess would be something standard diameter in between the Undertaker and Raptor. Suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Odd disc to make, i mean Dicraft already have 3-4 OS 9-speed fairwaydrivers. . . and no OS 7-speed ( teebird, Explorer type )

There is a big "hole" in Discrafts flight chart between the OS 5-speed discs like WASP, BUZZZ OS, DRONE and the 9-speed like PREDATOR and RAPTOR ( and Undertaker, Vulture )

Something like a 17mm RIM 7 5 0 2 is missing... and that type of disc sells well with other companys

Odd disc to make, i mean Dicraft already have 3-4 OS 9-speed fairwaydrivers. . . and no OS 7-speed ( teebird, Explorer type )

There is a big "hole" in Discrafts flight chart between the OS 5-speed discs like WASP, BUZZZ OS, DRONE and the 9-speed like PREDATOR and RAPTOR ( and Undertaker, Vulture )

Something like a 17mm RIM 7 5 0 2 or 7 4 02 is missing... and that type of disc sells well with other companys

As is the 17 mm rim that is 7 5 0 3 or 7 4 0 3 is missing another disc that many company's sell. As the closest you can get is a Stalker the two common numbered OS fairway disc and the Stalker a not very close disc. It is not clear from Discraft if the Stalker is going oop like people thought in Z.

Discraft focuses too much on the US side for fairway discs, Glide, Stratus and Archer are really similar on the flight chart though the Glide is more an Impact replacement. The Stratus and Archer are really similar discs to the point all that really separates the two molds is the Archer is just a tad faster can be made in premium plastic. I mean it it nice that Discraft will focus on US side for fairway disc, they need at least an OS disc speed 7 for those players that want a good bit slower version of the Thrasher for shots that do not need that much speed but would not be able to get the distance with a Wasp or Buzz OS. Discraft players end up having to use a side brand DGA pipeline for such shots then.

Last edited:
For everyone saying Paul used Firebirds, you're wrong. Paul didn't like using that disc, so I'm guessing he didn't care about the Raptor.

I'm surprised it's not a teebird clone of some sorts. Like others said, that is a big spot missing from their lineup. I'm guessing Discraft has something like it coming out in the future.

But it will be interesting to see what Paul makes of this disc, i feel like the OS 9-speed is something he has been uncertain about even with Innova.
He sometimes used the Sexton Firebird, or a regular Firebird. . then he has used the FD3 and back to Thunderbirds and back to FD3 again. .
And he didnt really like the Vulture either. .

So it will be fun to see what this new disc have that none of the discs he have been testing in the past didn´t

^I thought the vulture is a seasoned predator...

Yes and no. The vulture has a straighter flight than a predator, but definitely gets pushed around more by the wind. That's mainly why I just stuck with predators in stages of wear down to FR undertakers.

My friends that got a couple of these new discs at USADGC say it feels similar to a Teebird3. So if it's like 7/5/0/2 or 8/4/0/2-3 I think it would still slot in the lineup nicely. Kind of the gap that the FR undertaker sits in for me (which obviously is no longer in production)

Paul used an FB a lot but in his ITBs it sounds like he never loved it. Tried the Monster and many other discs mentioned above as well. Must be a certain thing he wants and can't seem to consistently find.

IF it´s a 9 5 0 3 that´s just odd. .. the RAPTOR is one of Discraft newest moulds, and it have those numbers. . .how many 9-speed OS disc moulds with the same flight can they have. . .one for each pro?!

It's probably shooting for a thunderbird clone to pair with his Undertakers. I watched him throw some Vultures at 2 Days in May, but he did mention not liking the wider diameter in his BTB.
I think they're aiming for a more normal approach. The Raptor is thinner than most discs, and the Vulture is wider, so maybe this is more traditionally shaped.