• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul's New Fairway (Anax)

I have seen a review of the New Disc for Paul online by Rec Rob. The new mold look like it is just a wider rim of the 7 speed Pipeline more a 8-9 speed that Paul used to copy the rim shape of.

No if the mold has the Discraft name on then it is more a signature line like the way KC got with the two molds and his own special plastic for Innova that Ken Climo worked with the company to make.

This to me is not the same as what Infinite is doing with Innova or what Discmania is doing with Innova, Latitude 64, and Yikun Discs as a sepreate brand of discs from these companies but rather that Pual McBeth will have his own signature Discraft line that Paul has designed himself.

Paul said himself that he would come up with a line of discs produced by Discraft that were his. When asked what his company name would be, he said there hadn't been a final decision. Check out the interview he did where he explained why he went switched to Discraft and gave several details of his million dollar contract.

No if the mold has the Discraft name on then it is more a signature line like the way KC got with the two molds and his own special plastic for Innova that Ken Climo worked with the company to make.

This to me is not the same as what Infinite is doing with Innova or what Discmania is doing with Innova, Latitude 64, and Yikun Discs as a sepreate brand of discs from these companies but rather that Pual McBeth will have his own signature Discraft line that Paul has designed himself.

So your saying that if paul decides to leave discraft in 4 years, discraft will own 100% of the design and naming of the disc? I dont think paul is that dumb to do that for a company.

I understand it that pauls line of designed discs is produced by discraft. The same way discmania uses innova.

I feel paul is a partner of discraft, not a employee.

I dont understand how you have so much to say about discraft, yet seem to have no valuable info or opinion.

Last edited:
So your saying that if paul decides to leave discraft in 4 years, discraft will own 100% of the design and naming of the disc? I dont think paul is that dumb to do that for a company.

I understand it that pauls line of designed discs is produced by discraft. The same way discmania uses innova.

I feel paul is a partner of discraft, not a employee.

I dont understand how you have so much to say about discraft, yet seem to have no valuable info or opinion.

I thought they were a signature line but that Paul was more the person to potentially take over Discraft but that as long as Paul was not the yet owner, that the Paul McBeth line would be a signature line until Paul took over Discraft/ keep partnering with DGA. At least In the interview that I saw on YouTube where Paul said there are too many sponsored Pro Disc Golf players compared to regular Golf if you take the sports from the standpoint of popularity. In that same interview Paul is asked if he was being courted to take over Discraft and he said that the possibility is there.

This could mean that Paul if he does take over Discraft that Paul is having his line be the only line in the Discraft lineup but to me Paul seems smarter then that. To me Paul seems smart enough to do what Innova does and if a mold itself is very limited but not fully gone or the mold is so unpopular to warrant it being discontinued they make a limited run of the mold in the best selling plastic for that disc.

Five pages in and I have no clue why this thread is in the disc's section.

Anybody thrown this thing/done measurements yet?

I hear they're even better than sliced bread, but color me a swirly shade of skepitical. A wholesome sliced multi-grain is great in a variety of sammich applications.

Last edited:

Idk, maybe im being too hard on him/her but damn....seems so far off the mark sometimes with this person. Between the crazy run on sentences and misinformation i feel like im getting trolled.

Like how they do in politics....keep putting out lots of bad information, and they wont recognise the truth.

N E way. It seems discraft/paul is rushing to get his lineup out. Their whole buisness model before paul was quality and consistency. I have seen neither with the luna and kong. I feel discraft/paul should slow down a little, get the consistency out of the 2 discs he has, and then build some hype for his fairway.

Last edited:
I
N E way. It seems discraft/paul is rushing to get his lineup out. Their whole buisness model before paul was quality and consistency. I have seen neither with the luna and kong. I feel discraft/paul should slow down a little, get the consistency out of the 2 discs he has, and then build some hype for his fairway.

I agree that Discraft is rushing the discs for Paul at the moment, the Discraft brand seemed to have a consistency issue not so much with the Luna that they worked through most of the winter to get the Luna mold right for Paul. With the Kong however it feels that the mold was rushed to the point the mold can be beefy or more flippy for a Destroyer like disc.

The non consistency is what tends to happen to a good portion of the Destroyer clones including the Destroyer is they end up not consistent as if that specific numbers on the flight chart after the speed number do not lend for very consistent discs, however the Kong seems to be one of the more consistent discs in this flight path besides maybe some brands that are not really used a whole lot by people and those not really used brands tend to end up more consistent with discs due to how much less in production volume those brands have to do. Also I feel molds past the 11 speed for most brands are harder to get consistent and I am sure there is an actual scientific reason for this.

Discraft is WAY MORE consistent than Innova, did you see the latest video by doth_savek comparing them all side by side? the variation in flight with Kongs was hardly anything compared to the destroyers for example.. go look at the video in the kong thread.

There'll be a bunch of them out there in a couple weeks:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-10-11-36-53-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-06-10-11-36-53-1.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 147
Just think of how much more hype this would have if they didnt make 50 million "prototypes". They had no choice but to limit the luna, but the amount of kongs out there is crazy

As is the 17 mm rim that is 7 5 0 3 or 7 4 0 3 is missing another disc that many company's sell. As the closest you can get is a Stalker the two common numbered OS fairway disc and the Stalker a not very close disc. It is not clear from Discraft if the Stalker is going oop like people thought in Z.

Discraft focuses too much on the US side for fairway discs, Glide, Stratus and Archer are really similar on the flight chart though the Glide is more an Impact replacement. The Stratus and Archer are really similar discs to the point all that really separates the two molds is the Archer is just a tad faster can be made in premium plastic. I mean it it nice that Discraft will focus on US side for fairway disc, they need at least an OS disc speed 7 for those players that want a good bit slower version of the Thrasher for shots that do not need that much speed but would not be able to get the distance with a Wasp or Buzz OS. Discraft players end up having to use a side brand DGA pipeline for such shots then.

More fake news courtesy of Casey.

The Glide pre-dates the Impact by 3 years. Please stop posting about stuff you don't know about.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190610-135952__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20190610-135952__01.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 53
Can we uh talk more about the disc before this thread gets sent to the landfill? I have a few coming my way next week to test out. I'll compare it to my vultures raptors and stalkers

Please do. And especially the Big Z Vulture, plz. What about a beat Pred? Or a Tsunami if you have any around?

Latest posts