• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Paul's New Fairway (Anax)

The Vulture is such an awesome disc and has the same diameter as Predators, which he also throws. Makes no sense to me.

The flight in that video looks a lot like a fresh Thunderbird to me. One of the 2 being thrown is obviously slightly more stable than the other, but still. The less stable one looks like the flight of a champ Thunderbird and the more stable one looks like it flies more like a Star Thunderbird. Neither of them looks like a fresh Firebird unless you're talking about one of the less stable runs of Sexton Firebirds.

Paul always had Thunderbirds in his bag, even when he was going back and forth between molds for the more overstable slot (Firebird, FD3, Monster, etc.). He still threw Thunderbirds and Teebird3's. From the video, this looks like it flies closer to a thunderbird than a T3 to me so I'm guessing that's what they're going for.

I don´t really get that "Dont like the wide diameter of the Vulture" thing . .it´s 214mm and something like the Thunderbird is 212mm. . so only 2mm difference or 0,0787Inches

I can kinda see where Paul is coming from. I'm not a huge fan of how the raptor feels in hand, and same goes for the vulture.

At the start of the season he was using those Z trackers to pair with his undertakers for OS duties which was an interesting move seeing as it was an OOP Disc that is available in one plastic.

So maybe these are just a rebranded tracker variation that is finally in ESP? I much prefer the tracker rim and they fly more OS than vultures.

Also someone should tell Paul to try out a dang pro line hellfire for forehands! They are super comfy and OS. Better than a pred or raptor in my opinion. He's already messed with the tsunami aswell.

For everyone saying Paul used Firebirds, you're wrong. Paul didn't like using that disc, so I'm guessing he didn't care about the Raptor.

I'm surprised it's not a teebird clone of some sorts. Like others said, that is a big spot missing from their lineup. I'm guessing Discraft has something like it coming out in the future.

Discrafts answer to the Teebird has been 20 years in the making.

He's been throwing the Vulture for several tournaments now. Also, the original Trackers flew a ton like an Teebird. I don't know what's going on in this thread...

To all the people wondering why Discraft made this disc when they already had similar ones, or why Paul would throw this disc when he has other similar options, you need to remember something. This isn't a Discraft disc, it's a Paul McBeth disc. It's part of his line of discs. This isn't a signature disc like the Zone, Buzz, etc.

Paul is making molds and having Discraft produce them, much like Discmania will make molds and have Innova/Lat 64 produce them.

To all the people wondering why Discraft made this disc when they already had similar ones, or why Paul would throw this disc when he has other similar options, you need to remember something. This isn't a Discraft disc, it's a Paul McBeth disc. It's part of his line of discs. This isn't a signature disc like the Zone, Buzz, etc.

Paul is making molds and having Discraft produce them, much like Discmania will make molds and have Innova/Lat 64 produce them.

One of the important reasons he joined Discraft. Innova didn't want to produce molds for him.

I wonder when we will see the first Paul disc that is not a Proto or first run. . .

Forgive me for being out of the loop. Lat64 does molding for Discmania?.....a, to my knowledge, Innova company?

I wonder when we will see the first Paul disc that is not a Proto or first run. . .

I believe that all of the Lunas are being distributed now were not from the first run, or second run either.
They are all still stamped as first runs though.

I believe that all of the Lunas are being distributed now were not from the first run, or second run either.
They are all still stamped as first runs though.

Well "first run" = can charge more. . . .so let´s call them first run as long as we can

Nice point. I wish that very early, original Paul McBeth prototype putter would be made in greater quantity, by McBeth or by Discraft. The Luna ain't the same thing in feel nor flight as that really straight flying Paul McBeth prototype putter....

No if the mold has the Discraft name on then it is more a signature line like the way KC got with the two molds and his own special plastic for Innova that Ken Climo worked with the company to make.

This to me is not the same as what Infinite is doing with Innova or what Discmania is doing with Innova, Latitude 64, and Yikun Discs as a sepreate brand of discs from these companies but rather that Pual McBeth will have his own signature Discraft line that Paul has designed himself.

Latest posts