• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA iPhone app

Crashes and kicks me out

I'm running an iPhone 4 with IOS 5 and used this app for the fist time yesterday.

When I go back in to Edit information, either by course or player, it kicks me out of the App. It happens on the menu that pops up called What would you like to do?

Everything else seems to work and I really like the App.

Another question I have is about the Penalties. You can mark the score with a Penalty, but does it show up anwhere? And if I noticed correctly, it does not add 'strokes' to the actual score.

I have yet to check this out, but if you can mark score and track results I'm going to get my hands on it today.

I'm running an iPhone 4 with IOS 5 and used this app for the fist time yesterday.

When I go back in to Edit information, either by course or player, it kicks me out of the App. It happens on the menu that pops up called What would you like to do?

Everything else seems to work and I really like the App.

Another question I have is about the Penalties. You can mark the score with a Penalty, but does it show up anwhere? And if I noticed correctly, it does not add 'strokes' to the actual score.

It shouldn't add strokes to the score, but people like to know if a score is based on throws or a penalty. In another thread I posted I learned that putting a 'P' after your score is a local thing, but what I know is that if you get a penalty, you put it on the card. A 5 with a penalty is 5P. A 5 with a 3 putt is just a 5. By telling the app to add the P to your score, you are not instructing it to automatically add penalty points.

I just got it last week. I really like it! I can put the scores in quick, locate courses nearby, and I can save the courses I've played. It would be cool to be able to get the scorecard in a jpg format, so I could message it to the players after the round. ...albeit the excel format is handy as well!

Great job! Nice App!

Upon further review, when I view all past rounds, it crashes if I try to do any on the options ie delete, email, view etc.

I just updated to iOS5 and I also crashed trying to email a completed round (and also trying any other function at that point).

I'm still seeing the app crash when finding courses near me. I'm using an iPod Touch so it doesn't have built in GPS, just getting location data from WiFi. If I keep trying I usually get a step further and can finally save some courses. I have already upgrade to iOS 5.

since updating to iOS5 the app crashes but only if trying to look at previous rounds by player or course, all other functionality seems to work

i upgraded to ios5 and it screwed up the players of created pdga #. everything shows up as a negative number that no way relates to their actual pdga #. for example my pdga # is 37700 but now it shows up as -27836. i tried reinstalling the app but that didn't help.

my advise to people is to not upgrade their ios until they get this fixed.

jcrab66 - since updating to iOS5 the app crashes but only if trying to look at previous rounds by player or course, all other functionality seems to work
It seems like the crash problem occurs when you tap the blue dot on the right side of the course listing that has previous rounds on it. However, if you just tap the course itself, then you can get to the display that shows the final round scores and has options to Calculate Round Ratings, View Full Scorecard and Share Round. It doesn't seem to crash if done this way.

everything shows up as a negative number that no way relates to their actual pdga #. for example my pdga # is 37700 but now it shows up as -27836. i

2^16 begs to differ!

Remember that one CRAZY college Com Sci party where we were jamming a bigass number into too few bits, so the sign bit gets tripped? Ahhhh, good times.

Mike (Dietrich - PDGA iPhone App development lead) found the iOs 5 problem today and fixed it. We're going to get a version out to the testing team by this weekend that fixes the iOS 5 problems, the intermittent keyboard pop-up problem (we're hoping!) and adds a cool new feature to post your scorecard to your Facebook profile! Stay tuned...

-Theo, Mike and the dev/test team