• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA iPhone app

I'm not sure which part you are responding to. Anyway, there used to be a lookup on pdga.com where you could see the historical SSAs for each course. Does that still exist?

There was used to have "Course Info" or something like that which contains course layout info and SSA for each tournament. I just checked and it is not there. Looking forward for the improved website!

Are any apps, released or in development, currently use the DGCR API?
There are a few test keys out there. I think one of those is under active development. I have no ETA but assuming the developer decides to continue moving forward I'll let him know he should post on here. It would be an IOS app so sadly I couldn't use it :)

This is the first I have heard of any issues with emailing the round results. Please let me know if this is reproducible after your next round.

Thanks,
-Theo

FYI Theo, my inability to email scores was my fault. I didn't have an email account linked to my iPhone. That's why I wasnt able to email the scores. It's all good now.

V1.03 ready for download. Check it out. Main corrections deal with long courses names and ratings generated on courses with other than 18 holes.

can the program only generate ratings on courses that have had tournament rounds played on them or does it have a method that figures out the rating of courses without using previous rounds played and rated there?

It will calculate ratings for every course in the PDGA Directory. The ratings generated for courses that have tournament results on file will typically be more accurate than those that have not had an event. No ratings produced yet for courses not in the Directory.

Has anyone checked out "easyscorecard" app? It's android and I've used it for a while. It's nice....it emails you a copy of the scorecard after every round

bulky and too expensive. Thanks, but no thanks. Many other apps do the same thing for .99 and look much better...

/waits for DGCR app

I have Easy Scorecard Pro on my Smart Phone and it works pretty well. However, the screen display on the iPod Touch is in color and much easier to read. Plus, there are about five times as many courses in the database and it will generate round ratings for all of those courses. One feature I like compared with E.S.P. is every course whether downloaded or custom starts with a default of par 3 per hole so you can get going right away and update par along the way if you have or want to enter any holes with par higher than 3. E.S.P. is defintely better for tracking your stats if you like to enter detailed information on your game. The PDGA app will eventually have those features.

I Seriously need a DGCR iOS app, as I cannot use the mobile site while on the course with my 1st gen Ipod touch (no WIFI there, No 3g). I also like the idea of SSA being calculated by an app, but I would hope that it comes as close to the official formula as possible. So I have heavily considered making a $5 purchase of the PDGA app. However, there are two new courses near my home that I found via DGCR, and were listed here immediately, but have not made it into the PDGA website. This site is where I keep track of my scoring, and only if an app integrates the database from this website, allowing me to upload my scores when I'm back near WIFI, would I ever see the desire to switch from pen and paper. Otherwise, I'd just have to manually look at the app scorecard and enter it into DGCR website after the day at the course, and that sounds more difficult than pen and paper.

I Seriously need a DGCR iOS app, as I cannot use the mobile site while on the course with my 1st gen Ipod touch (no WIFI there, No 3g). I also like the idea of SSA being calculated by an app, but I would hope that it comes as close to the official formula as possible. So I have heavily considered making a $5 purchase of the PDGA app. However, there are two new courses near my home that I found via DGCR, and were listed here immediately, but have not made it into the PDGA website. This site is where I keep track of my scoring, and only if an app integrates the database from this website, allowing me to upload my scores when I'm back near WIFI, would I ever see the desire to switch from pen and paper. Otherwise, I'd just have to manually look at the app scorecard and enter it into DGCR website after the day at the course, and that sounds more difficult than pen and paper.

im sure if the PDGA knew of the new courses...they'd work to get it on their database.

It's $5 bucks, folks. You are either gonna buy it or you aren't.

I rarely even keep score on the course, and when I do, its usually on somebody else's iPhone app. I bought it on my phone to support future updates, as this is ultimately going to be the best DG scorecard app out there.

FYI Theo, my inability to email scores was my fault. I didn't have an email account linked to my iPhone. That's why I wasnt able to email the scores. It's all good now.

Thanks for the update. Can you tell me how the app behaved, though? I would think we would try to put up a nice error message, and not lead you to thinking the app crashed.

-Theo

Basically, when I pushed the "email score" option, the app would just close out and I would be redirected to my home screen. When I would then click on the app icon again, it would open it as though I had previously closed it. But as long as Im signed in to my yahoo email account, I'm redirected to the appropriate place to email my score. The error message is a good idea. Maybe something along the lines of "must be signed in to email account to use this feature."

I don't really think people should be complaining about the price. It's 5 bucks. Who cares. By purchasing it, you are supporting the largest disc golf organization in the world. If you don't want to ante up to show support, then stick with the free apps.

People still bitch about paying $2 for a green fee. So yeah, a $5 app? Thats like, 2 and 1/2 days of disc golf, man.

Until we become less cheap, we will always be the hippie stoner sport.

Latest posts