• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA Major: 2022 PDGA Champions Cup Apr 14-17

I am not a course designer. I will leave the course tweaking to them. Let's see how this plays out.
I'm just a casual observer of the tour level tournament golf, but it seems like a larger number than normal are bunched at the top, within a few strokes. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, but I'm constantly hearing about the need for scoring separation from some designers.

Last edited:
I agree that it's a terrific course, but what about scoring separation in the MPO ?
Scoring separation based on skill is desired not artificial padding from OB penalties. If you look at the UDisc stats, the scoring spread on each hole is pretty good with every hole delivering between 20 & 58% birdies. In ball golf, they typically cut after two rounds to everyone within 10 strokes of the leader on the assumption that's as many strokes as can be made up by a player at the cut line in two more rounds. Even with a field this tight, it always seems to separate such that only two or three are in a playoff if one even happens (and that's good for viewership). It will be interesting to see how those numbers look after tomorrow for comparison.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but...
I'm not used to seeing Holly in 1st place.
At least not at an event with this many top pros.

Good for her!

Last edited:
I agree that it's a terrific course, but what about scoring separation in the MPO ?

You should check out LVC 2021 if you're looking for score separation. The virtue of wooded courses is it compresses the field.

i'm not saying it's too tight, just tighter than what I've noticed before in a major.

Gotcha. I love it so far. Those at the top have 100% scramble rate, in a lot of other events those guys may have been taking penalty strokes. On top of that. It isn't a distance competition by any stretch.

Eveliina … putting … woosh… it's officially the worst. No more benefit of doubt. I feel like I'm watching a bloody internal surgery, cringing while she putts.

Eveliina … putting … woosh… it's officially the worst. No more benefit of doubt.

Has to find a way to lose the yips. Seems like the issue is no commitment. Quickly frustrated and fails to take her time. Elaine King discussing it live, quite honestly. Likely took herself out of the tournament in one hole.

Has to find a way to lose the yips. Seems like the issue is no commitment. Quickly frustrated and fails to take her time. Elaine King discussing it live, quite honestly. Likely took herself out of the tournament in one hole.

Based on watching her in other tournaments, you can bet it won't just be one hole. It will be a 3 day effort to take herself out of the tournament. I'd be like, "hey guys, this is a gimmie, right?"

Wierd that she putted ok R1 off-camera. . .but today on-camera shes lost it again. . .nerves to be on live?

I really like the play for Tattar. .looks like she takes 10-20% of her drives and just places the shot . . .nice and easy play and it works

So after being so bad recently at what point do you just switch up your putt?

Trying out something new can't be as bad as she currently is, can it?

I understand the mindset, every round she probably figures she'll start clicking and things will get back on track…however…the longer she goes putting like this the longer it's gonna take to shake the yips off?

So after being so bad recently at what point do you just switch up your putt?

Trying out something new can't be as bad as she currently is, can it?

I understand the mindset, every round she probably figures she'll start clicking and things will get back on track…however…the longer she goes putting like this the longer it's gonna take to shake the yips off?

I would change everything. . putter, routine, how she stands. . .i really can´t get worse

She needs to get with Stokely who's in the process of overhauling his putt.

Initially I cringed when I saw that video, figuring mid season isn't the time to do something like that. He did make some sense though talking about how his current putting style became inaccurate once he got fatigued. We'll see how it works out for him.

She just needs to find something right now that is easy to replicate at 15 feet and not worry about anything else. If she just cleaned up those misses I think it'd help her scores plenty and be a big mental boost. Just going straight from the chest out towards the pole, or something super basic like that.

. . it might be hard to say but if your job is to play discgolf and you get well payed to do it. . you SHOULD be 99% inside of 15ft

Latest posts