• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA numbers

Your's is roughly double mine so its taken 7 years for membership to double.

For what it's worth, I joined last May and my number is in the high 48000s. So over 4000 new members in the last 10-11 months. That's impressive growth.

Any bets on when #60000 joins? My guess would be July of 2013.

And you felt this warranted a thread?

GoodPoint.jpg

I wanted 53719 for my son. It spells my name upsides down. I think he is in the 48000s. 15 months old tomorrow.

For what it's worth, I joined last May and my number is in the high 48000s. So over 4000 new members in the last 10-11 months. That's impressive growth.

Any bets on when #60000 joins? My guess would be July of 2013.

Part of the reason I started this thread was to talk about how much the PDGA was growing.

/Goes into kitchen

/Opens pantry door; sees nothing of interest

/Opens fridge

/Rummages to the back and finds old cookie dough

/Throws in Oven

/Gives OP a Cookie :hfive:

plate+of+cookies.jpg

:D

dang. now i want a fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookie.

I just bought 2 memberships today, one for me and one for my dad. Looks like I will be joining you in the 53000's

o man, dont go to a B teir or higher tournament man. the amount of douchers at those will make you wanna quit if this is how you feel

I have played in a few B-Tiers! But if you're going to dog on people who just started playing the sport, who are happy about their number and want to share it, then you aren't welcome....

Ones of the reasons the numbers appear to grow so fast is non member that play a sanctioned event will get assigned a number is the TD submits their address and other info when turning in reports. So a lot of those number are not full paying regular members.

Ones of the reasons the numbers appear to grow so fast is non member that play a sanctioned event will get assigned a number is the TD submits their address and other info when turning in reports. So a lot of those number are not full paying regular members.
That and is the PDGA really growing when older members fall off the rolls?

When the active member count reaches 53,000, maybe I'll take notice. Until then, nothing newsworthy here.

Won't be too long now when there are PDGA numbers that are 100 times mine. I will keep an eye out for #58100.