• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

He could legitimately beat me by 20 shots on my home course. (27 holes)

Holy crap I need to get better. :wall:

Same here, BirdieMachine. I recently played a 'perspective-inducing' round like that (at Preston Miller in the Woods of Bowling Green tournament). I know I need to need to improve when shooting a personal best 51 :gross: at that course (preliminary rating 921), while Matt Blakely comes in with a 38 (1087 rated round)! :eek:

Some folks up there in the stratosphere of our sport have skills, you know?

Looks like IDGC Ice Bowl isn't up yet, so no change for me

... and hopefully one of those rounds won't count :\

likely 1 month ago was too close to the cutoff... the cutoff was Feb 25th. I have a mid January B-Tier... with 180 players that didn't make it in... hrmmph.

I played in my first PDGA sanctioned tournament this weekend. Playing rec, I carded a 849 and 902 rated round. Is it safe to think that my rating will be the average of these two rates? (875) Or are there other calculations that go into ratings?

The individual round ratings will likely change but the average for your rating should be close to 875.

He could legitimately beat me by 20 shots on my home course. (27 holes)

Holy crap I need to get better. :wall:

If I'm looking at it correctly, he shot 71 at BRP in the 2012 Majestic.
Assume you're talking about BRP. Can't remember what Par would have been on that layout.

I wonder what the course record is.

Same here, BirdieMachine. I recently played a 'perspective-inducing' round like that (at Preston Miller in the Woods of Bowling Green tournament). I know I need to need to improve when shooting a personal best 51 :gross: at that course (preliminary rating 921), while Matt Blakely comes in with a 38 (1087 rated round)! :eek:

Some folks up there in the stratosphere of our sport have skills, you know?

I played in that tourney, me and a buddy went down from Indianapolis. When they said he shot a 38 me and my buddy just looked at each other with a blank stare. Not a hard course by any stretch but def some tight lines. To shoot a 38 is just ridiculous. I shot a 50 but def left a lot of Birdies out there. Apparently he found them.

Played a tournament in February that had the round ratings drop like 30 points when they became official. Hurt me a bit.

Dropped 2 to 949, but I've got some high ratings coming for the next update.

Back on the upswing. It's intersting how consistent I have been over the years, steady decline towards the end of summer into winter. Then increasing when spring rolls around into early summer. I'm up to 945 making the push this year, ideally done with ams by the end of the year.