• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Another question....

So today, my rounds used finally updated correctly and all that is square. However, looking at other locals ratings detail, I see where tournaments from last year have dropped from my "included" ratings, but are still there for theirs???
Why would an April tourney from last year drop for me, but not for other people that played it? And for the record, the tournament in question wasn't ran again this year, so that cant be the cause.

If a player doesn't have enough rounds in the past 12 months, it goes back before then. I'm not sure what the threshold is.

Another question....

So today, my rounds used finally updated correctly and all that is square. However, looking at other locals ratings detail, I see where tournaments from last year have dropped from my "included" ratings, but are still there for theirs???
Why would an April tourney from last year drop for me, but not for other people that played it? And for the record, the tournament in question wasn't ran again this year, so that cant be the cause.
If those locals haven't played an event that was officially rated as recent as you, then their older rounds will stay in their rating until they get a newer event rated that's more than 12 months after the older rounds.

thanks Chuck, that must be it. I have an April event that got added on this update, and his most recent is March.
He has over 50 rounds between last season and this, so def not due to lack of rounds. We generally play a lot of the same of events so it was confusing that I went down in rounds used, and he went up!
I would imagine once the April/May events we played together go in, his April 2014 events will drop as well.
thanks

Throwing in calm conditions doesn't always equal better ratings. If one of the pros goes nuts it can kill them pretty quickly.

I get what you're saying. I just don't think a course where I had to use a firebird on 90 % of my throws, including sort approaches, acturatly represents my skill level as a player. The next update should be more kind.

But it does represent how well you can adapt to the different conditions you will face playing tournament golf regularly...

I dropped a few. I notice that one round of an event had the ratings drop about 30 points when they went official, which made nearly every players round below their rating. (I just looked. Only one person scored more than 6 points above their rating in open, Open women, advanced or masters, everyone else played a different layout) I think that the report may have been mixed up since its showing all intermediate players playing well above their rating...

I dropped a few. I notice that one round of an event had the ratings drop about 30 points when they went official, which made nearly every players round below their rating. (I just looked. Only one person scored more than 6 points above their rating in open, Open women, advanced or masters, everyone else played a different layout) I think that the report may have been mixed up since its showing all intermediate players playing well above their rating...
Notify TD or PDGA HQ when you see this happen. The ratings team usually doesn't catch layout assignment issues unless told.

Notify TD or PDGA HQ when you see this happen. The ratings team usually doesn't catch layout assignment issues unless told.

I assumed it was the report. The odd thing is they were different until they went official (~30 point swing for people playing the open layout)

I have asked someone else who played the event if intermediate played a different lay out all rounds, or just the final two when the course got really long

The two rounds from the last tourney I played in average out within a point of my current rating, so I doubt I'll be changing much; next update I should have another really terrible round (my first tournament ever) drop off so hopefully I'll go up a bit.

i tend to play pretty close to my rating. I know I can do much better, but I never seem to pull it together. if I did my math right I should go from 895 to 898 or so.

I played enough rounds from '08-'10 to get a decent rating (954). Then I had 4 kids. Fast forward to this year. I renewed my membership and signed up for a few tournaments. First was a local B-tier, which I finished 5th in, but saw my rating drop to 930-something. Since the last update, I've played the Fort Steilacoom Open and the Beaver State Fling. I finished well in both events, and shot rated rounds averaging 965+. So, we'll see! First time I've been excited to see my ratings update!

These next two updates will be a roller coaster. This one should push me into the 980s and then I should fall right back into the 970s on the next one. Who really wants to play consistent golf?

Latest posts