• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Went down 14 points to a 918. Started the year at 939. I should probably stop quitting B-Tiers halfway through.

how long does it take for a round to go from unofficial to official? played an event a week and a half ago. The results are up on the pdga website and round ratings but it says unofficial results.

how long does it take for a round to go from unofficial to official? played an event a week and a half ago. The results are up on the pdga website and round ratings but it says unofficial results.

It's typically a 4-6 week turnaround for official ratings, depending on when an event falls relative to the update schedule. The deadline for inclusion in an update is usually 2-3 weeks prior to the update itself. So, an event played two weeks ago won't be official until at least the next (June 23) update assuming the TD files his report before June 2.

Anywhere from a few weeks to several months. ;)

It depends on when the TD did the final submission and if that made the cutoff for the next month's update. Realistically for a prompt TD, its ~3-8 weeks depending on where the cutoffs fell.

I played a tournament in April that was submitted but the PDGA let the TD know today after an email that they must have deleted the original TD report, and it won't be on till the next update now. Really was looking forward to seeing if I was gonna jump up to 980 or not. I guess I have to keep being patient now. Not my strongest trait...

Down 4. I need to stop throwing in tourneys that have a reputation for being windy as funk.

Went up 10 points here, not doing too bad since I have just started playing sanctioned tournaments this year. Plan to keep inproving throughout the year.

Looks none of my April tournaments mad the cut. Wish TDs were held a bit more accountable about turning that stuff in directly after the event...

C-tiers have 2 weeks, higher tiers have less. It takes me most of the 2 weeks to work out the finances, which are part of the TD report. Partly because the first week is spent putting my life back in order.

But there's not much the PDGA can do but urge and remind TDs, which they do. Given the choice between (1) having tournament results miss a ratings update and apply 6 weeks later at the next one or (2) not having the TD, and perhaps the event, I'd go with #1.

No new rounds were added, no old rounds were dropped, but I still gained 2 points to 961. Kinda odd.

The update isn't finished processing, so what you're looking at is incomplete.

Give it a couple hours and the anomalies you're seeing now will go away (or at least make sense).

Yup, it makes sense today.

Lost 3 tournaments (10 rounds) where I averaged 937. Added 2 tournaments (7 rounds) where I averaged 961. Good tradeoff. And that's the end of my streak of bad tournaments being dropped off my rating. Any improvements from here on out will have to be earned the hard way - by playing better than my average.

And cue my perpetual complaint of every round rating dropped by 2-4 points when going from unofficial to official results.

And cue my perpetual complaint of every round rating dropped by 2-4 points when going from unofficial to official results.

Echoed here: the four new rounds I had added dropped 0, -2, -11, and -28 points from the 'unofficial' to final. Suppose I out to just ignore unofficial round ratings from now on. They always get my hopes up too high. :(

C-tiers have 2 weeks, higher tiers have less. It takes me most of the 2 weeks to work out the finances, which are part of the TD report. Partly because the first week is spent putting my life back in order.

But there's not much the PDGA can do but urge and remind TDs, which they do. Given the choice between (1) having tournament results miss a ratings update and apply 6 weeks later at the next one or (2) not having the TD, and perhaps the event, I'd go with #1.

Tried looking for the deadlines for submitting PDGA sanctioned event reports on PDGA site but no luck. Played in a B-Tier tourney back on April 18 and it is still "Unofficial" results. Didn't expect to make the May 5 ratings cut off, but now I am worried about next update cut-off. Results and Ratings were up immediately after tourney but has not gone official in 6 weeks since.

Tried looking for the deadlines for submitting PDGA sanctioned event reports on PDGA site but no luck. Played in a B-Tier tourney back on April 18 and it is still "Unofficial" results. Didn't expect to make the May 5 ratings cut off, but now I am worried about next update cut-off. Results and Ratings were up immediately after tourney but has not gone official in 6 weeks since.

Agree. I have three tournaments, including Bowling Green. No results on this update, though my rating changed by a point. :doh:

Nevermind.....the ratings have changed since yesterday.

Last edited:
Official cut-off is three weeks before these publishing dates: http://www.pdga.com/faq/ratings/when-updated

Save me the trouble---it's, what, one week for the TD to submit the report after a B-tier?

For an April 18 B-tier to still be unofficial would seem to indicate that the TD Report is late. Or that something else has gone amiss.

My defense of TDs, or the PDGA, is that ---

(1) It's not that big a deal if the event doesn't show in the first ratings update that it should. The delay until the next ratings update is a minor annoyance for the player, at best.

(2) Unless you've asked the TD, you don't know why it's late. He could be lazy or negligent....or could have screwed it up, as I occasionally do, or could have had something happen in his life that pre-empted it.

(3) There's little the PDGA can do to "hold TDs accountable" for this. I suppose they could refuse to sanction future events, but that would be gross overkill.

There's a master list of events that is continually updated that indicates whether a report has been received or the lateness of the event report. That determines which TDs get sent reminder notices to get their reports sent.

Save me the trouble---it's, what, one week for the TD to submit the report after a B-tier?

For an April 18 B-tier to still be unofficial would seem to indicate that the TD Report is late. Or that something else has gone amiss.

My defense of TDs, or the PDGA, is that ---

(1) It's not that big a deal if the event doesn't show in the first ratings update that it should. The delay until the next ratings update is a minor annoyance for the player, at best.

(2) Unless you've asked the TD, you don't know why it's late. He could be lazy or negligent....or could have screwed it up, as I occasionally do, or could have had something happen in his life that pre-empted it.

(3) There's little the PDGA can do to "hold TDs accountable" for this. I suppose they could refuse to sanction future events, but that would be gross overkill.

Thanks for the feedback. I generally don't expect the TD results to go official until a month after the event, but after a month I begin to wonder what is going on. Just wanted to know a reasonable expectation of when to contact the TD and starting asking "why/whats up?"

Looks like the next cut off is June 2nd for June 23rd Ratings update. Guess it is time to contact said TD and find out what the issue(s) is. Thanks.

Echoed here: the four new rounds I had added dropped 0, -2, -11, and -28 points from the 'unofficial' to final. Suppose I out to just ignore unofficial round ratings from now on. They always get my hopes up too high. :(

As of yesterday my unofficial round ratings for a mid-March tournament were: 861, 898, 868. Being rated 920 I was pretty discouraged and even dropped out of my next tourney the morning of (weather a factor too). Yesterday my rating bumped to 927 and I couldn't figure out the math. As of this morning those rounds are official at: 927, 951, 911. Now it all adds up and I won't let those unofficial evil numbers judge me again.

Latest posts