• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA ratings are up. How'd you do?

Apshh... You guys from warm places and your year-round tournament schedule...

In WI in the 3 months between 12/01/2017 and 3/01/2018 there are a whopping 5 C tiers in entire state, and one XC tier.

The drive times for me would be 1.5 hr to 2.5 hr for all of them. Not worth it to play wet, cold, winter golf.

So yeah, no update; 932 still.

Played my first tournament in 4 years. Forgot how to putt, miss trees, etc. All my old tournaments dropped off. Rating is now 50 points lower.

:eek::mad::doh:

One tournament that I played in early December didn't go official, so no changes for me. Sittin' at 937.

Apshh... You guys from warm places and your year-round tournament schedule...

In WI in the 3 months between 12/01/2017 and 3/01/2018 there are a whopping 5 C tiers in entire state, and one XC tier.

The drive times for me would be 1.5 hr to 2.5 hr for all of them. Not worth it to play wet, cold, winter golf.

So yeah, no update; 932 still.
I live in Wisconsin, I know how you feel.

Went from 817 on my January 2017 rating to 854 in January 2018. I'll hit 869 this spring even if I don't play due to a pair of 800 rounds dropping off.

Any increase in rating more than 10 points in a year is higher than the average rating increase in a year for the first three years a PDGA member becomes a propagator.

Well I guess you are right, they only use your rounds from the previous year from your last event, or the 8 or 10 most recent(cant remember which).

I finally got my pgda # (haven't played a sanctioned round yet, soon)

how many sanctioned rounds does it take to get a #?

Don't play too well in that one round!!
Had a kid in one of my previous tournaments who only had one round in his rating, but it was like 950, so I was forced to push him into MA1 when he wanted to play MA3. A couple more rounds quickly pushed him back to his proper division, but it was slightly awkward for that day.

Don't play too well in that one round!!
Had a kid in one of my previous tournaments who only had one round in his rating, but it was like 950, so I was forced to push him into MA1 when he wanted to play MA3. A couple more rounds quickly pushed him back to his proper division, but it was slightly awkward for that day.
Some players and TDs don't realize they can sometimes get a waiver from the PDGA to allow players with a new rating based on one or two rounds to play in a lower division, especially if they pre-registered for this lower division they guessed they should enter as a new member.

I asked the PDGA but they shot me down. Said that waivers to change divisions are extreeeeemely rare.

Finally got a rating (781), and it's about 80 points lower than I usually play. The benefits of small sample sizes.

Last edited:

Latest posts