• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA renewal is a joke

just renude mine on monday morning, presidents day, didn't think anyone would be there and i'd have to wait until next week, just went live about an hour ago...

your signing up for PDGA right? not the Porfessional Lawn Dart Association?

The PDGA office was closed (a few days) last week due to a crippling ice storm in SC/GA. I could see how that would slow things down a little bit.

Yeah if you do it online you're current as soon as you renew...so the PDGA didn't cause you to miss out on anything.

Not really as soon, as it takes up to a week before it shows you as current online, but yeah it's not a 5 week process. Takes maybe that long to get your renewal pack but most places with a small staff mailing in bulk at the cheapest rate will take 4-6 weeks on those things so it's nothing new.

OP-What events did you miss out on that you had to be current? I know the GBO requires you to be current but I bet you could even do that a week before and show a screenshot of your confirmation and they'd let you play. Most of the TDs are willing to take your word for it if you have a receipt that you renewed. I'm all for a good PDGA rant but this one seems like your fault.

Better question...if I join for the first time, how long can I expect that process to take? Do I get a PDGA # before I get my mailed package?

331634958_387617c29f_o.jpg

Better question...if I join for the first time, how long can I expect that process to take? Do I get a PDGA # before I get my mailed package?

Yes, the fulfillment center is generally the slow part as they get around your mini, disc, PDGA magazine, etc... But I had an email in a day or two with my PDGA #, then within a week it showed current on their site as well. Used the email when I entered my first tourney and the TD was fine with it. :thmbup:

Not really as soon, as it takes up to a week before it shows you as current online, but yeah it's not a 5 week process. Takes maybe that long to get your renewal pack but most places with a small staff mailing in bulk at the cheapest rate will take 4-6 weeks on those things so it's nothing new.

I renewed 3 weeks ago, and 5 minutes later completed my registration for an A-tier and it was accepted...and that was using discgolfscene so it checked.

You're right, my renewal pack just came in this week, but I was able to register right away.

From the email receipt I got when I renewed last month:
Package processing time varies depending on membership volume.
JAN-MAR - please allow 3-5 weeks for customization and assembly
APR-MAY - please allow 2-3 weeks for customization and assembly
JUN-DEC - please allow 1-2 weeks for customization and assembly

What that indicates to me, which should be pretty intuitive when you consider that all memberships expire on 12/31, is that the beginning of the year is the busiest and highest volume time for memberships. And that the volume lessens as the year goes on as most people who are going to be members have joined already. The less they have to deal with equates to *gasp* a faster turn around.

There's also this line in the email:
NOTE: Membership data is uploaded to the website [www.pdga.com] database on WED EVE each week. You will become 'current' online at that time. Your PDGA DISCussion Board privileges will also becomefunctional at that time.

So they out and out tell you when the online lists gets updated, but that really only affects use of the website.

The only thing that maybe could be more clear in the email is that at the moment your membership is processed (oh yeah, the very first line of the email says "Your PDGA membership has been processed" and on the next line gives you your number), you are current. Perhaps a line suggesting that a copy of the email could be used in lieu of a membership card to prove one's membership at a tournament. Then all bases are completely covered.

It is amazing sometimes how quickly one can see red because of bad reading comprehension. I find that it usually comes from actively looking for a reason to complain and play victim, which is a sad reality for too many people these days.

Perhaps a line suggesting that a copy of the email could be used in lieu of a membership card to prove one's membership at a tournament.

they do indicate this in the receipt email:

"If you missed the weekly batch upload, and are playing in an event
prior to the next batch upload, most Tournament Directors will accept
this receipt as proof of payment."

yep, it's the busy time of year. i renewed 2/10 and the below information was in the email response.

Package processing time varies depending on membership volume.
JAN-MAR - please allow 3-5 weeks for customization and assembly
APR-MAY - please allow 2-3 weeks for customization and assembly
JUN-DEC - please allow 1-2 weeks for customization and assembly

they do indicate this in the receipt email:

"If you missed the weekly batch upload, and are playing in an event
prior to the next batch upload, most Tournament Directors will accept
this receipt as proof of payment."

Good catch. That is in the "Order Received" email. I was looking at the "Order Processed" email I received within a couple days of renewing. Now looking at the "received" email, the only thing it is missing compared to the "processed" email is the timetable for shipping the membership package.

Seems like they have things covered, probably stemming from one or more of the myriad threads like this that seem to crop up every year. Like I said though, reading comprehension seems to be lacking, especially when someone's just looking for a reason to play the victim card for attention.

Yep, did mine on line, I was 'current' within days.
You can also renew as early as November, possibly even October.
Even if snail mailed, it would be current by 1/1/new year.

Take responsibilty for your actions.

It took me a couple weeks to get my renewal pack but I renewed in, what I'm assuming is, the most busy time of year for them. Be considerate, not demanding.

I renewed on Saturday, and am now current. So that part works pretty quick, I suppose. As for all the incedentals like membership cards and all that, I've heard plenty of horror stories.

Last year I renewed right before I played the Kooky Noosa tourney, and I just pulled up my PDGA page on my smart phone and that worked for the TD.

Latest posts