• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA World Championships 2022

How is it "more than fair?" Do you think she cheated? Has she not "paid her dues?" Did Climo do more than his fair share of winning? I don't get it.

And to be "fair," PP has shot above her rating on average this Worlds. The leaders are simply stringing together the rounds of their lives right now.

The only caveat I see is 2015 when a car accident that totalled her car made Hokum late for Deer Lakes. She missed two holes and had to take par+4. Even with those 8 extra strokes, Hokum finished 2nd to Paige... by 1 stroke.

Not like Paige had anything to do with it, and nothing anyone can do about it. Them's da rulz. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

I feel comfortable saying, "If not for the 8 strokes or so that accident cost her, Sarah would be a 2x."

But I don't think anyone can say Paige didn't earn the 5 she's won. More like the accident cost Sarah the opportunity to earn her 2nd.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
How is it "more than fair?" Do you think she cheated? Has she not "paid her dues?" Did Climo do more than his fair share of winning? I don't get it.

And to be "fair," PP has shot above her rating on average this Worlds. The leaders are simply stringing together the rounds of their lives right now.

I don't want to speak for OP, but I think it's just lazy wording.
Fairness has nothing to do with it, except as a poor turn of phrase.

-10, -10, -10 is nice and all, but it's all about the stache!:clap::clap::clap:

So If McBeth really wants #6...

He hires a couple of thugs to hold him down, while a third shaves his stache.

If he shows up for the rd 4 or 5 clean shaven, we'll know whut happened. ;)

Clemonade in good shape too. I suppose the same goes for his locks?

That just leaves Vinnie.

Last edited:
-10, -10, -10 is nice and all, but it's all about the stache!:clap::clap::clap:

He really hates the camera getting in his face.

PS: I don't blame him. They really seem to stick the camera in the players face and just hold it there for far too long.

It would be awesome if Gossage could keep playing at this level for rounds 4 & 5 and take home a W. I wouldn't be mad, or happy, if Paul won, but it's always cool when the underdog shocks the world (the relatively small Disc Golf World, that is.)

PS: I don't blame him. They really seem to stick the camera in the players face and just hold it there for far too long.
Yeah these DGN camera folks always seem to be wanting to catch someone being human. Show the shot, if its good, film the glad tidings. If it stinks, let em alone.

Through three rounds here are the unsolicited thoughts of a lifetime MA3 player:

PMB is clearly as focused as we have ever seen him. This man is on a freaking mission and I would be stunned if he pisses this away. It is going to take a monumental effort for someone to beat him.

Through three rounds AG is proving he can play with the top tier. The obvious question is can he maintain this level of play? I hope so.

The variety of players in the top twenty is simply incredible. The depth of quality and diversity of playing styles has evolved so much since I started following DG in 2009; I struggle to put it into words how insane the scene has become.

The FPO race is chuck full of intriguing storylines. KT is playing steady but the elbow issue still looms overhead. ES and HB are shooting incredibly well without the benefit C1 putts. PP is still in prime position to win number six. I don't think it will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me to see VM make a push for the W. HH has the tools but she faces the same question as AG in MPO. Finally, KM is putting together a fantastic tournament as she continues to trend upwards.

TL/DR
The amount of parity in both divisions is intriguing enough to overcome visually unappealing courses. Variety is truly the spice of life!

As big as the sport is in Finland i wonder if the big newspapers and tv reports anything about the fact that we have Finnish players at the top at Worlds?

That's an intangible big name players could have as an advantage. They may very well be more comfortable with the crew of camera people and all that comes with being an elite level player.

It's not like that happens at your avg A Tier, and it's understandable if it takes a while to get used to it.

Reference a shot that got away from a big name player on hole #3 DGLO this year, where they instinctively yelled "Terry! Find my disc!" I'm not saying that's quite the same as a someone with a video camera. I'm just using it as an example how they're far more used to, and comfortable with, the crew of people covering tournaments in some way at this level.

Henna and Eveliina are 53rd and 59th in C1 putting and still in the top 3!! . . Henna is in the lead and have "Gained putting 67th place"

Looking at "miss Frisbee" in T44th she is 15th in C1 putting. .

So maybe putting is´nt everything?

So maybe putting is´nt everything?

Circle 2 in regulation is clearly the most important stat. Top 5 women in that are the top 5 on the leader board. The 5 leaders in MPO are all in the top 8 in C2R. Weirdest stat of the week is easily Harry Chace who is in 157th place but according to UDisc has not missed a fairway and is 100% C2R- something seems amiss there.

Has anyone taken screen shots of these ridiculous win% numbers that UDisc came up with? The chart of how those change through the event would be interesting. Pretty sure Eagle started with an 80%+ and now down to >1%. Clemons and Gossage? UDisc would have been smarter to thin that 100% around to other players at the onset, unless it's only a guess by a guy behind a screen.

Attachments

• BAAE8FCC-388B-4068-82EE-B9C0AB3778C1.jpg
    BAAE8FCC-388B-4068-82EE-B9C0AB3778C1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 363FECC0-EFD1-43CB-A1AF-1BF73818F802.jpg
    363FECC0-EFD1-43CB-A1AF-1BF73818F802.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 22
Henna in the lead at 9% to win, , and Paige at 9%?!? i would have Paige at +40%

Latest posts