• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] PDX

I like the PDX moniker, one of my favorite US cities. Good golf there too.

Kind of looks like a monster ish disc in which case I will be trying one.

it needs the dye
picture.php

two feet and the carpet logo

DDs especially in C-line is beef enough. I actually hope it is a little more workable, i.e. slight turnout of the box even in C-line, more glide.

I liked the test config pd theory too.

PD/PD2 Mash-up!? Yes please

It's not just a PD with alternative configuration. The specs are too different, closer to PD2.

Looking at the picture Jussi and Nate posted it has the words "exclusive edition"/Jussi said it's supporting the DGWT. I'm guessing this will be the like the VAviar, only sold as a fundraiser and not production (for now at least).

If we assume they took another wing from Innova and this disc fits in between the PD/PD2. With the PD having a firebird wing and PD2 having the xcal wing, this leaves either the monster or max for wing choices. Throw the beloved anhyzer top on either wing and I think they have a winner!

Here's the list of 2.1cm rimmed disc's from Innova/Discmania/Millenium(According to the PDGA approved spec sheet):

PDx
TD2
Mamba
Monarch
Mystere
Wraith
Aries

So...if we're talking overstable, there's really only one mold that has a bit of overstability to it in that list. Now, if you're talking understable, take your pick of pretty much any others in the list. The limited evidence I present, could loosely support a straight stable to slightly understable driver in the speed 11 area. But since it's rumored to be a PD/PD2 mashup, that would seemingly contradict that.

Here's the list of 2.1cm rimmed disc's from Innova/Discmania/Millenium(According to the PDGA approved spec sheet):

PDx
TD2
Mamba
Monarch
Mystere
Wraith
Aries

So...if we're talking overstable, there's really only one mold that has a bit of overstability to it in that list. Now, if you're talking understable, take your pick of pretty much any others in the list. The limited evidence I present, could loosely support a straight stable to slightly understable driver in the speed 11 area. But since it's rumored to be a PD/PD2 mashup, that would seemingly contradict that.

Interesting bit of sleuthing. The Wraith seems the most likely of that bunch, but Wraiths aren't very OS in my experience (given it's been a few years since I threw one). It is also possible that the wing piece is listed at 2.0 or 2.2 and the PDGA mis-measured the new disc (or mis-measured the previous disc). The actual wing might be 2.15 and it was measured at 2.1 one time and 2.2 the other time. I'd guess it's either that or else the wing piece is a Discmania exclusive.

If we go by the PD and PD2's 21.1 cm diameter and look at discs in the 2.0 - 2.2 cm rim width, that gives us the Destroyer and TeeRex wings which could be possibilities. I recall at one point someone on here took calipers and measured a bunch of Destroyers and found them to actually average about 2.3 cm rim widths, so I'm guessing it's not the Destroyer wing, but the TeeRex wing seems like a possibility.

As an interesting sidenote, the Starfire diameter is listed at 21.2 cm, but the Starfire L diameter is listed at 21.1 cm. Since those discs are just a tweak of the same mold I seriously doubt they actually have a different diameter, which just goes to show that these measurements are not really a great indication of the original mold. If you include discs with 21.2 cm diameters and 2.0 - 2.2 cm rims, then you also have the Starfire, Monster, Max, and Orc wings as possibilities for this new disc.

Interesting bit of sleuthing. The Wraith seems the most likely of that bunch, but Wraiths aren't very OS in my experience (given it's been a few years since I threw one).

The anhyzer topped wraith already exists, its the DD