• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pease no more

thats F'in gay.... my thoughts go to all you austonians who are about to lose what seems like an awesome course.... this had also happened to us at french creek in pa.... they pulled a almost 30 year old course due to errosion around the creek.... relocated us up the mountain nowhere near any water... and now we have a really diifcult course that no1 really likes to play esp. in the winter becuase they close the access road and make you park a quatermile from the course... and a half a mile from hole 1(maybe more) and its all rocky and absolutly no water in play.... in short know this isnt just austin... it seems nationwide theres a park and rec movement to remove water from discgolf(a$$-holes)

It wont ever be the same!

That sucks but it "looks like you're gonna get a new 18 hole course! ":hfive:
That's what they told our club when we got our beloved Richmond Hill course (the Original) taken away from us so the military could set up shop on that particualr piece of property. We were bummed that the old course was going but we're pretty excited about the prospect of a new course! Alas, the new Richmond Hill isn't as good as the original :(

It's funny how we start to appreciate something more once we find it's going away.

To be quite honest, I never played and appreciated Pease as much as I should of...but, in the last month I've played it many times.

I feel bad for not doing my part to keep it up.

I find it disgusting that essentially a few semi-powerful affluent people in the surrounding neighborhoods won the battle over disc golfers and park goers all around Central Texas.

Disc Nation recently shared the following on their subscriber email confirming Dec 31st as the last day for Pease.

Join Waterloo for the Final Pease Park Mini

It's sad, but true. According to the City of Austin, the baskets will be removed from Pease Park on 12/31. Help the Waterloo Disc Golf Club say goodbye to our old friend by attending the two final minis this Saturday. Here are some Details:

1st Mini starts at 9:00 am
2nd Mini starts at 2:00 pm
$5.00 Ams, $10.00 Pros
Optional $2.00 Ace Pot
Lunch & Beverages will be available

See www.austindiscgolf.org or Waterloo's Facebook page for more info.

wish I could have made it there to play, I've heard many good things about it. I'll be in Austin in the middle of January, just a little too late.

It was a great course where I really learned to play disc golf in college. It was a fun and challenging course in a great location. Sad it is gone but there are several other sweet courses around Austin to play. Hope theysave save the old ones and keep making new ones, everywhere.

welp, i played my last round at pease today. sucks but guess what>? the locals already put up tape around trees by where the baskets used to be and are probably going to be playing object golf when the baskets are gone! take that city of austin haha. not sure how long it will last but hey,theyre not taking away pease so easily

welp, i played my last round at pease today. sucks but guess what>? the locals already put up tape around trees by where the baskets used to be and are probably going to be playing object golf when the baskets are gone! take that city of austin haha. not sure how long it will last but hey,theyre not taking away pease so easily

You sound like that old guy we talked to... lol, I played like sh!t too :(

i got my first and last round in today. i enjoyed it. Austin is about 3 hours away from me, so i dont get there often, and when i do it's not typically a disc golf only trip. today was. glad i got to be there on the last day - they had a news crew out there and everything. a LOT of people showed up today to pay their respects.

on a side note, I almost had my last ace of the year at circle c (#4 - Firebird skipped just an inch or 2 too low)

I played it yesterday. Someone had stolen 13th basket, but someone else had set up their own practice basket in its spot with a small sign that read, "Please Don't Steal Me." Very cool of someone to do that, but unfortunately I have to wonder if it got stolen overnight :/

Latest posts